It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times that it takes to hit "The Market"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I dont buy it any more.
The times "scientists/developers" say something
will hit "The Market" (ie the general pubilc) is beyond
me..

www.sciencedaily.com...

Imagine a cellphone battery that stayed charged for more than a week and recharged in just 15 minutes. That dream battery could be closer to reality thanks to Northwestern University research.

Sounds AWSOME........
BUT:

The technology could be seen in the marketplace in the next three to five years, the researchers said.

That to me sounds like a scam..They know the tech but cant finish the product.
Money makers, scammers, andrea rossis...upps did i say that....

"We have found a way to extend a new lithium-ion battery's charge life by 10 times," said Harold H. Kung, lead author of the paper. "Even after 150 charges, which would be one year or more of operation, the battery is still five times more effective than lithium-ion batteries on the market today."

Nahh i dont buy it...

And wile we are still on the "Not buying it"...

Why is it that when ever someone finds out something about space and maybe
life out there.."Some" scientist finds a way to debunk or deny that possibility....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

LOL, batteries.
I want perpetual motion, a zed PM, something to kill the power and oil companies.
A small unit would mean almost never buying a battery again.
I'm sure it is possible and has even happened, just for one reason or another something goes south.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Retooling manufacturing facilities costs money hence a resistance against doing so? Seems at least a reasonable explanation of time to market. Also while no doubt the system has become congested due to everyone's sticky fingers and personal concepts of which red-tape should be applicable further it is no doubt of great benefit to TPTB that it is not so simple to endow the masses with the latest greatest break through in whichever field.
edit on 18-11-2011 by usernamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

I don't find the claim beyond the edge of credulity. Energy storage is, if you'll forgive the terminology, one of the single most energized fields of research right now. The industry is already geared (or gearing) up for what looks like a very robust future. Nano technology combined with increasing use of devices that require better power sources should work together to realize a very rapid pace of advancement.

I would not be surprised to see batteries (energy storage, et al) quickly reach a point of being three or four times current efficiency levels. I think this could be realized within a half dozen years.

On a side note, the oil industry does not fear the electric car as much as it will fight to see that it controls the greater energy market when they finally come of age and can match the internal combustion engine for duration and distance. For instance, the Exxon gas station will be replaced with an Exxon (owned) branded power station. Until then, they really have no incentive to invest in a changeover from petroleum to electricity because the energy storage capabilities are not yet on par with a tank of gas.

Finally unseating oil as the base source of energy is another subject for another thread.

top topics

join