It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lake Vostok conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by p00hbear
Lake Vostok is very much home to the russians. They're drilling through the ice to the lake, as at Jan this year they had about 50' to go but were "beaten by the onset of antarctic winter", they intend to commence drilling again this southern hemisphere summer, ie quite soon. Wonder what they might be looking for?

p00hbear

Its obvious the lake is of huge scientific interest.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There's been lots of stuff posted here on Lake Vostok, suggest you have a search -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

p00hbear

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Something is going on there but the links so far are lacking to be reliable sources. I Googled trying to find a more reliable source and this thread was 2nd on this results.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
some fuel to add to the fire
www.coolantarctica.com...

I heard a friend tell me a few years ago they stopped all cruise ships from the antarctic region...hehe, for "environmental reasons...just like they did in the gulf of mexico, the arctic circle, etc...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
don't want to go off on a tangent but if your interested have a read of this thread, good conspirancy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

p00hbear

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The anomaly in Lake Vostok is well documented. It has been described as a geologic magnetic anomaly, a dome volcano under the lake, even Atlantis, we all know now Atlantis is in Spain... This is the first time they have admitted anything about it being a solid structure... that was bandied about years ago when it was classified as "magnetic earth anomaly".

As for the source it is a prettier version of this site, and that "article" is just like any tread here.

Lake Vostok has a secret for us, be it a construction from some ancient civilation to the largest leftover of an asteroid ever... or worse yet an unknown bacteria or virus living in that ancient lake not exposed to life for millennium.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Search 'Vostok'. There are 10 pages of threads about this. For those who are interested, some of the older threads offer very compelling information and sources. A nice compilation of events surrounding this conspiracy is documented Here
Also, refer to this ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... Notice the referenced link on that thread is not longer available.... Interesting!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Not heard anything about this! Stop trying to high jack the thread.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
Lake Vostok is a large subterranean lake that researchers discovered in Antarctica and began drilling towards in 1990.

it's not subterranean.. it's not under ground it's under the ice.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

LOL Hijacking is done by arguing another topic within your own thread... What Tom did is simply respectful referencing of ongoing and perhaps more "meaty" threads... so far you have offered nothing on this subject but one page of another fringe news site, by a non professional writer.

Tom was merely giving you other references which so far in three pages you have been unable to find anything more other than stories which refute yours completely, there is no conspiracy around Lake Vostok other than the unknown in, and, at the the bottom of that lake.

Check out the other threads you may gain information that helps you. Can't hurt reading someone else can it?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

A thread with a dead source and a small quote with nothing else? How is that "meaty"?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Argyll

There's another pdf cited on the article by the quotation. If I had a .pdf program I'd download them and find the right one, but I don't. They are titled the same, and by the same author. If they don't match up it may be copyright infringement.

Back to the topic, what do you all think is down there? Only one speculation so far, which is a volcano. I'm not sure I can accept that though, because the water is constantly warm and a volcano does not constantly erupt. I'm going to laugh if they get down there and find it is a volcano, and the lake is not as old or as permanent as they thought. Talk about some wasted funding.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

Seems to me if it were a volcano it would have filled the fresh water lake in, plus i would think they know the magnetic signature of volcanoes by now.
if it is not a thin spot giving off heat to make the lake, the the anomaly could be warm itself.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

A thread with a dead source and a small quote with nothing else? How is that "meaty"?

One thread is all you looked at?

www.popsci.com...

www.physorg.com...

news.softpedia.com...

All credible news sources going back 4 years.. I can go back farther if you wish.
edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

And the one thread you did mention.. I think someone else made a comment about that particular one earlier in your thread... sorry that referenced thread sucked... wasnt mine, I LOOK up referenced scientists and CROSS-REFERENCE my news sources on any given subject.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
i wouldnt call it classified theres plenty of info on it.

Love the video thank you!

The video mentions the theory that the lake was there before the land froze. we know no that the land may have at first froze instantly as the mammoths found with grass and flowers in their mouths.
This place would have been a wonderful mountain valley and wonderful place to live by this huge lake.

On the out there side...what if this is the huge Island that "went under the sea". The Arctic.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Don't you agree more info on a subject is always good and just makes it better?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Interesting find
Yeah I remember the virus scare, and who knows they might be right a bout that one. I read somewhere that the Germans, durring WWII, were very interested in Antartica for some reason. It was speculated they had a huge base over there.....maybe they found it.
edit on 18-11-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It seems like the right type of place to build something that may emit heat signature but if wanted kept secret cannot be observed. Now they need to just access or find access to the point the original access point. There it seems is something that could be radioactive I say this because the 65 degree water temp of a lake located below an ice sheet. The size of the camp seems large enough to support a small city or port ect. I think it may be something scheduled to reach above surface at the right time, which is not now but may be near depending. have they located any natural doors or entrances 1 wonders could be inner earth access related. The infamous Lake Vostok. You can just feel the energy down there..
on the OP
edit on 11/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

You didn't want to read the part about a media blackout. If you've actually followed the Lake Vostok drilling project, you know that for the last 10 years a once hot topic has had next to nothing reported.

Well, there's not been much news since last year - but obviously nothing has happened over winter.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Why would anyone think otherwise? Hopefully they'll make the breakthrough this summer.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
WHY NOT SEND A DEEP SUB WITH A CAMERA INSIDE THE LAKE SMH@ the games here seriously and then SHOW what is really going on. Takes a few seconds to gather COLLECTIVE INSIGHT, pauses..... Just realized they already did nvm
Wonder if a light source has been detected of some kind

edit on 11/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes

One thread is all you looked at?

www.popsci.com...

www.physorg.com...

news.softpedia.com...

All credible news sources going back 4 years.. I can go back farther if you wish.

And the one thread you did mention.. I think someone else made a comment about that particular one earlier in your thread... sorry that referenced thread sucked... wasnt mine, I LOOK up referenced scientists and CROSS-REFERENCE my news sources on any given subject.

Do you remember there was a thread this year about troops from US and Russia among others that were sending large amounts of troops to the antarctic?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join