It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lake Vostok conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Lake Vostok is a large subterranean lake that researchers discovered in Antarctica and began drilling towards in 1990. After several setbacks recent discoveries in the area have changed the nature of the project to highly classified.

Recently there have been several media reports about an anomaly discovered in the Antarctic region near Lake Vostok. Apparently, the site has been sealed off to the media and other scientists due to “environmental concerns”. The fact that the NSA has assumed jurisdiction over an environmentally hazardous site is raising eyebrows about may be happening there.

“You know, they have classified Lake Vostok. They took it away from JPL who were monitoring it. Are you familiar with Lake Vostok in Antarctica? Under the ice in Antarctica there is a fresh-water lake deep, deep down under the ice, that’s 100 miles long and 50 miles wide. Fresh water. The temperature in the damn lake is about 65 degrees, which is pleasant swimming, you might say. “But at the end of Lake Vostok is what’s known as a gigantic masscon—a mass concentration of metal, very similar to the masscons they discovered on the Moon — a gigantic, circular-shaped, metallic object deep under the ice at the end of Lake Vostok. The National Security Agency took it away from JPL. It’s one of the most sensitive things in the world now, the anomaly at the end of the lak. It’s now classified, top secret.”

source

Speculations have ranged anywhere from a simple "thin spot" in the Earth's crust to some sort of ancient alien spaceship. Media has been completely blacked out from reporting anything about the lake.

Also significant was the sheer size of the anomaly: 65 by 46 square miles. According to the mission’s geological team, the anomaly’s size and severity pointed to the fact that geological changes had taken place under the lake, suggesting the possibility that it was a place where “the earth’s crust was thinner.” Professor DeLaurier’s paper discussed the existence of a structure so vast that it defied imagination—a quasi-cylindrical loaf of an object measuring 65 miles long by 65 miles thick at a staggering depth of 80 miles. The huge structure had been detected by seismic equipment located at Alert, one of the U.S.-Canadian Distant Early Warning (DEW) stations in the Arctic wilderness. Studies showed that the object, which straddled the earth’s mantle and crust, was the source of some sort of disturbance—similar to the situation encountered at Lake Vostok 30-odd years later—affecting the magnetic field at the Alert facility and “inducing a strong flow of electricity.”

In early March 2001, a U.S. channeler known as Lady Kadjina replied to a series of questions regarding the mystery of Lake Vostok. Regarding the nature of the magnetic anomaly, she declared that long before the Antarctic became icebound, the continent had been used as a landing site by extraterrestrials. The ever-benevolent aliens built what we would call an observatory, explained the channeler, equipped with a signalling device capable of broadcasting coded messages. More and more such observatories would be discovered in coming months, and Earth governments would try to seize them. Lady Kadjina added that the observatory contained vast crystals which put forth a certain kind of magnetism, which had been employed as a guidance system so that large spaceships could land at that location…

Not sure who this person is, but it does sound interesting. I bet every conspiracy theory nut and their mother took that and ran with it. Seems low on truth and high on speculation though.

Very little official information has been released since the blackout, but one thing remains certain, there is something down there that they do not want us to know about. What do you think it is?
edit on 18-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I think this underground lake may be some sort of a leftover bio dome possibly constructed by visiting aliens, or maybe a bio dome that is a result of an abandoned space ship or something of the sort under the ice that has been long forgotten by humanity. I think the very warm water and seclusion of the lake from the other lakes under Antarctica support that theory.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
After several setbacks recent discoveries in the area have changed the nature of the project to highly classified.

Any valid source for that claim?

The fact that the NSA has assumed jurisdiction over an environmentally hazardous site is raising eyebrows about may be happening there.

Any valid source for that claim?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

The source is listed in the post.

download original source

Here's the original source cited by my source.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

The source is listed in the post.

download original source

Here's the original source cited by my source

except that the source you posted does not mention it is now classified, nor that the NSA is in charge - so what is the valid source for those claims?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Very interesting,

But all we have on the anomaly is an anonymous NATO statement?

Just don't know what to believe, but its definitely strange.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Look directly under the second picture in the middle of the page.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Where, exactly, does this source claim that research on Lake Vostok is "highly classified?" I read the entire Vostok article, and I did a computer search for the words classified, confidential, secret, and access, and found no indication that the project was ever classified.

Where, exactly, does this source claim that the NSA has jurisdiction over Lake Vostok? I read the entire Vostok article, and I did a computer search for the words NSA, National Security Agency, signal, SIGINT, and COMINT, and found no indication that the NSA ever had jurisdiction over the program. Guessing that NSA may have been a typo for NASA, I also looked for NASA, and found no indication that NASA was involved.

When asked for a source, it's not enough to provide a link to a thing. That thing has to actually be saying what you're saying it's saying.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

You didn't want to read the part about a media blackout. If you've actually followed the Lake Vostok drilling project, you know that for the last 10 years a once hot topic has had next to nothing reported.

Drilling was stopped because of concerns about the potential for environmental contamination. But speculation intensified, particularly via the Internet, that scientists were about to expose the world to a deadly virus for which humans have no antibodies. When several researchers became sick earlier this year, requiring special airlifts out of Antarctica, the cries of a government cover-up reached a fever pitch.

source

Who cares who classified it? I'm sure the NSA is just jumping at the idea of making their classified projects public knowledge.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Are we all reading the same article.

Apparently, the site has been sealed off to the media and other scientists due to “environmental concerns”. The fact that the NSA has assumed jurisdiction over an environmentally hazardous site is raising eyebrows about may be happening there.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Its only top secret? Must be flight 19.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'm going with Volcano under the ice.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Look directly under the second picture in the middle of the page.

nothing there about it being classified - again, where is a valid source that shows it is classified?

Or how about admitting you do not have one, and it is not actually classified!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Who cares who classified it?

As it is not actually classified, no one cares except those who claim it is classified!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Where is the valid source stating it's not classified? I'm not sure the government is into leaving paper trails online so that conspiracy theorists can trace it and find out what's going on.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli
Where, exactly, does this source claim that research on Lake Vostok is "highly classified?" I read the entire Vostok article, and I did a computer search for the words classified, confidential, secret, and access, and found no indication that the project was ever classified.

That is because the claim it is classified was just made up.

When asked for a source, it's not enough to provide a link to a thing. That thing has to actually be saying what you're saying it's saying.

but you are not supposed to actually read the link, just believe what you are told by the op!

You destroy the conspiracy theory by actually reading the link!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Where is the valid source stating it's not classified?

Where is a valid source stating a tv guide is not classified?

you are the one making the silly claim that it is classified, so it is up to you to back that claim up!

I'm not sure the government is into leaving paper trails online so that conspiracy theorists can trace it and find out what's going on.

But they must be in this case, as you claim it is classified, so show us that paper trail....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

And you read it all huh???

Eyesight playing up maybe??

“But at the end of Lake Vostok is what’s known as a gigantic masscon—a mass concentration of metal, very similar to the masscons they discovered on the Moon — a gigantic, circular-shaped, metallic object deep under the ice at the end of Lake Vostok. The National Security Agency took it away from JPL. It’s one of the most sensitive things in the world now, the anomaly at the end of the lak. It’s now classified, top secret.”

Please note the last sentence and then maybe apologize to the OP for being a jerk..

Whether it's true or not is a different story but it was definitely said.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipleadthe5th
Please note the last sentence and then maybe apologize to the OP for being a jerk..

Whether it's true or not is a different story but it was definitely said.

I said a valid source - which you cannot find!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

I also gave the download link for that quotation from the article. It's a legit source.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join