It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIOT POLICE NEEDED NOW!!! Occupy "Twilight".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Occupy Twilight?
so why is there no cops in riot gear here? what are these fellow Americans not doing that the occupy "wall street'ers" are doing? pot smoking? DON'T THESE PEOPLE HAVE JOBS? (since people attack the OWS movement with that) because they are well dressed? im sure theirs has been some kind of drug/alcohol use here, not as common but im sure their has (meibe not, never know). signs/posters? i see posters/signs, one that almost gave me acid reflux that said "we flew 3,700 to see you, we love you this big".

officers! where are you when we need you! end this madness!!!
ready, set, GO! ATS vilify about them the same way you've been vilifying about the OWS movement. this is just PATHETIC!!!!
People camping out for days to see Twilight
edit on 18-11-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Finally someone is talking about the serious issues facing the world today.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
This is a grand point. Nobody has ever really complained about people camping out until it became political. I can remember people camping out for movies for days as long as i have been alive. I am 26. So... ? Why the sudden need to repress?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Kevin Smith says "There is a plan... and it's working."

David Grouchy

"anyone watch Twighlight, was anyone here for Twilight?"

Audience: Boo!

"Alright shut-up, shut-up. No, stop. Come on.
That's the next generation.
That's the next generation of fans.
That's what I love about a comic book convention.
People will come to a convention,
stand there in an F(beep)ing Spock costume,
look at somebody in a Chewy costume and be like
'look at that geek'"

Audience: Laughs
Audience: applause

"How dare you pass judgement on those 12 year old girls who like vampires."

Audience: laughs and jeers.

"They need to be encouraged,
because in six years they'll be 18 year old girls
who love vampires,
and are all sorts of goth permissive and what not.
So... don't poo poo it,
it's ...
there's a plan..
and it's working."

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
Kevin Smith says "There is a plan... and it's working."

David Grouchy

"anyone watch Twighlight, was anyone here for Twilight?"

Audience: Boo!

"Alright shut-up, shut-up. No, stop. Come on.
That's the next generation.
That's the next generation of fans.
That's what I love about a comic book convention.
People will come to a convention,
stand there in an F(beep)ing Spock costume,
look at somebody in a Chewy costume and be like
'look at that geek'"

Audience: Laughs
Audience: applause

"How dare you pass judgement on those 12 year old girls who like vampires."

Audience: laughs and jeers.

"They need to be encouraged,
because in six years they'll be 18 year old girls
who love vampires,
and are all sorts of goth permissive and what not.
So... don't poo poo it,
it's ...
there's a plan..
and it's working."

thanks for the laughs dude.
i never even knew what Twilight was till a few months ago.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by floppynoodleson666
This is a grand point. Nobody has ever really complained about people camping out until it became political. I can remember people camping out for movies for days as long as i have been alive. I am 26. So... ? Why the sudden need to repress?

Key phrase?
"camping out for days". Then what happens? THEY GO HOME.
They don't all catch lice, they don't rape each other, and they sure as hell don't kick around smoking pot and complaining about the government.

You want OWS to gain the same credibility as people who wait in lines for the latest Twilight flick?
Tell them mommy called and it's time to go home.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

Originally posted by floppynoodleson666

Key phrase?
"camping out for days". Then what happens? THEY GO HOME.
They don't all catch lice, they don't rape each other, and they sure as hell don't kick around smoking pot and complaining about the government.

You want OWS to gain the same credibility as people who wait in lines for the latest Twilight flick?
Tell them mommy called and it's time to go home.

sorry but I have not heard of any lice epidemic going down at any of the occupy sites. Lol
what's wrong with smoking? Pot has been illegal for less than 1% of its time of existance. Just because our society perceives it as" bad", it really isn't. IMO.
Visit an occupy site yourself.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The cops probably don't care because the Twilight fans are not crapping on the side of buildings and cars, vandalizing the surrounding area and more than likely, the Twilight fans actually bathe.

Don't get me wrong, I cant stand those movies, but generally speaking, these people are not even remotely related to the OWS communist protesters.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
There's a clear difference between a set of harmless teenage groupies camping outside for a film premiere, and a disparate demographic camping out to support about 500 different messages, many of which indicate a high probability that criminal behaviour may be expected to occur.

Your comparison is not valid.

edit on 18-11-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

While I don't really care if these people choose to camp out for the movie...

You have made a good point.....

My answer would be these people are not considered a threat by the banking industry..They are not standing up against tyranny and the big banking ...if Anything they are in fact Indirectly feeding it.

Although its pretty obvious that the mistakes that the occupy protestors are making is being Exaggerated to make them look like animals....Hope everyone has figured that out.

Thanks for the post
SnF

edit on 18-11-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

well their is no" crapping" (lol) on the side of the buildings over here (l.a). From what I have witnessed myself they keep it pretty sanitary and not really any vandalism. This movement is pretty organized (at least here it is) but you always have your hand full of the people that try to" f# things up" but people immediately let officers know that they aren't involved with them. whatever they choose to protest should be ok right? It is our/their right to do so anyway.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
There's a clear difference between a set of harmless teenage groupies camping outside for a film premiere, and a disparate demographic camping out to support about 500 different messages, many of which indicate a high probability that criminal behaviour may be expected to occur.

Your comparison is not valid.

edit on 18-11-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" JFK
im not hoping that'll go this far but its not going any other way. If you've noticed most protesters are students, how much more harm can they cause than some teenage groupies?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Wow. For a second I thought you meant something was really going on. Seriously, have you not known about nerds and geeks of all kinds camping for star wars, Harry potter, twilight, and even comic based movies? There have even been people camping out for video games. As most everyone has said before me, they are mostly calm and non disruptive people. Heck, I was just out all night last Thursday for Skyrim and there was a large gathering of people. I understand that it's kind of a bummer all the OWS people got kicked out (even as unsanitary as those people were) but people need to stop pointing fingers when something they like doesn't work out.

With all of that said, please don't take this post the wrong way. I don't mean to insult you or your claim or disrespect you but you need to stop and think for a second. Camping at movies and other premiers has been happening since forever ago. Protests and junk had a run in the 60s and 70s and even then didn't get that far. Besides, against the fed it's not really going to work anyways. They'll always find a way to shut even the most righteous protest down. The govt will always win, and even to the ows'ers they didn't get violent really so how did they expect to win. You either need money or bullets to prove a point now a days. Which reminds me - the movie campers are good paying customers. Not people who are protesting the rich.

Either way, all I'm saying, and I'm sure everyone else already made this fairly clear, the twilight "movement" is not that big of a deal. Finally, I do apologize that my post came off as sort of a rant. Didn't really mean it to be. Meh, have a good one.
edit on 11/18/2011 by philosearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

my sister in law is in her late 30s and she is a rabid, I repeat, foaming at the mouth Twilight fan. I lived in the same state as her for 2 years and I ALWAYS found something to do when the movies came out because I didn't want to go, even as a pity. My poor brother had to endure it, just as he is tonight

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld
sorry but I have not heard of any lice epidemic going down at any of the occupy sites. Lol

Portland: www.thegatewaypundit.com...
San Francisco: quitenormal.wordpress.com...
Atlanta (now with added tuberculosis!) quitenormal.wordpress.com...
New York: blog.beliefnet.com...

that better?

...I also like how you didn't even discount the rapes. That's special. Just special.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

I think that the OTM Occupy Twilight Crowd Really..makes more sense than the OWS crowd...really, think about it. The OWS has no mission statement at all...all they want to do is yell and scream about nothing...they have no clear objective. If they do, well please share. Other than making fools of themselves, and creating a mess on PRIVATE property, Anybody camping at the3 Twilight gatherings yelling and screaming for Bella to share her self with everyone? Ok that was dumb....my point is you are really way off in comparison. Hey I Know...pick on the Tea Party...thats really popular these days....oh...sorry, you cant do that because there is ZERO comparison there. Other than they gather in large crowds. But they use public toilets, do not threaten violence, rape, use drugs openly, not bathe for daaaays on end, etc...etc...etc...Yawn.

edit on 11/20/2011 by paradox7 because: to many spelling errors to let slide.

top topics

join