It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation interpretations I heard as a child might have been right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I grew up in right-wing circles not believing what the Bible thumpers said in church.

Well, I'm starting to have second thoughts. There was a prediction of the rise of the old Roman Empire that I heard as a child. Sure enough, now it appears that the EU (eerily similar to the classic Roman Empire I was also taught in school as a child) will be going to greater unity. Greece and Italy are no longer sovereign countries, and it looks like there's more to come in the vein.

I always heard that it would be Israel against Iran with Russia and China. Sure enough, that appears to be the way the lines are going.

I heard about the eternal sea being politics, or possibly economics, and the anti-Christ and false prophet arising from them. Now there's all this talk of union and financial consolidation. They said that a one-world government would be implemented due to some kind of financial or economic Armageddon. Guess what? We're just about there.

I started getting weirded out when I heard that there'd be a German pope the next time around and then it came to pass. Now I'm just freaked completely out.

Furthering, I'd like to point out that the Germans are basically running the EU now AND there's a German Pope that is super creepy. For a self-explanatory reference:

This is a painful admission for me, extremely painful, but the Bible thumpers might be right.

To clarify, I mean in their prophecy, not their theological stance.
edit on 18-11-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Anything can happen. Do not get hung up on Rome. It is all about deception. People are easily fooled because we are needful of so many things. Know the word and be prepared to die for it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
haha Ratzinger really does look like the devil, always thought so : )

These prophecies really do seem to match up to reality as it is happening.

Best practices:

- Ensure that we are positive and 'fulla light'.

- Practice a way of life that doesn't harm ourselves or others.

- Watch & learn as this phase of the cycle peaks...and goes (we just happened to be born in Kalyug)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I get the same eerie feeling. I'm agnostic but stupefied by the correlation with Biblical prophecies and the current state of tension coursing throughout planet Earth. At the very least, I get the feeling similar things have occured in the past --- including our forgotton history--- and this may be one way of warning.
Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
...you think those things are freaky...
go read Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38.

Links? Why, sure:

Psalm 83 is a little tricky, because you need to know and understand who the factions mentioned are... but research that and you'll see a rock-solid correlation between the days we're in and the prophecy contained in the opening verses. www.biblegateway.com...

The same applies for Ezekiel 38, but again, it's worth looking into. Bear in mind that neither of these passages reflect on current events, but BOTH reflect on events that are clearly not far away at all... and I say that both in terms of other prophecy in Scripture, and in terms of the world around us and the alliances being forged etc.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

As far as the revived Roman Empire, I've been toying with a different thought for awhile.

Tracing the lineages back far enough, effectively all US presidents have been descended from european royalty, which I believe is itself descended from the old roman bloodlines. As well, most americans are of european descent, AND the united States as a nation is by definition an empire - the individual states are (originally supposed to have been, anyway), fairly autonomous entities somewhat akin to individual nations just united in allegiance - the definition of state typically being what we would consider a nation.

Is it possible we could be interpreting incorrectly and the US itself is the revived roman empire? With our global reach and power, effective leadership of NATO (also including a good chunk of the former roman empire), a local population more than half of the entire EU, and various other factors...I don't know. I'm not honestly even sure of any implications to this as have just been bouncing it around in my head and need to look into it.

Anyway, I have to agree that things appear to be lining up somewhat. Old national alliances talked about in the bible are being formed in the pages of our own recent history and quite a few other things seem to be falling into place as well - then again, the world's never really been quite a lovely place, so a good many people throughout history have likely said the same thing.

Take care, and be blessed.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I rejected the Bible and lived as a world-class hedonist for years...then pretty much the same thing happened to me.

A couple of different 'research' avenues were converging and the evidence started stacking up that the Bible was different than other religious texts in the uncanny accuracy of it's prophecy.

It was hard for me to accept at first. I didn't wanna believe it, but I gotta go where the evidence leads.

Here's my meme these days: From UFO to NWO to Climate Craziness to Wars, Rumors of Wars, and Man's Inhumanity to Man--it's all in there and as a hypothesis EXACTLY overlays our world today.

There is no other hypothesis that fits so well. Word.

Some will say it's self-fulfilling prophecy, but when juxtaposed against the vast machinations--not to mention the varied religious beliefs--that these events are born from, then that explanation falls far short of making sense.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, OP. I know that took a little gumption.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Are the Bible stories coming true or is modern man using those stories to move us into a pre-determined path to a certain goal?

Who is to say that the Pope and or the Vatican is not controlling everything?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I rejected the Bible and lived as a world-class hedonist for years...then pretty much the same thing happened to me.

A couple of different 'research' avenues were converging and the evidence started stacking up that the Bible was different than other religious texts in the uncanny accuracy of it's prophecy.

It was hard for me to accept at first. I didn't wanna believe it, but I gotta go where the evidence leads.

Here's my meme these days: From UFO to NWO to Climate Craziness to Wars, Rumors of Wars, and Man's Inhumanity to Man--it's all in there and as a hypothesis EXACTLY overlays our world today.

There is no other hypothesis that fits so well. Word.

Some will say it's self-fulfilling prophecy, but when juxtaposed against the vast machinations--not to mention the varied religious beliefs--that these events are born from, then that explanation falls far short of making sense.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, OP. I know that took a little gumption.

I was raised in a Baptist Church and took both the Bible and everything I had been taught for granted. My Dad was even a Worship Pastor and I thought that was good enough for me to get by on. I was a really Good Kid and never got into fights or drank much (till college) but thats a different story. Beginning of this year I began much of the same research that yall have. Started with UFOs, and I was Hooked. When i followed the breadcrumbs like everyone else it allways came back to the Bible. I really couldnt believe this. At this time I realized that there was no stopping this machine once it had been put in motion, especially if the hand of God was guiding it.. I also invite anyone with an open mind to follow the breadcrumbs and it too will lead you to the truth. This coming War is inevitable. Its a War for Souls not for oil, money or profit. I beg each and everyone of you to Ask God with a Pure heart to reveal truth to youl. I am also Praying Daily because there is really only 3 ways out of this mess. Rapture, refusing the mark and being martyred, surviving till Jesus comes Back. I Dont know how it will all end, But my Faith in Christ will sustain me.

I also wonder why the US is not mentioned much in these Prophecies. Could it be the great Babylon that is destroyed....
edit on 18-11-2011 by ortsack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If you think you are paranoid now well.... Let me give you something concrete to watch. Candy little boy???

Ok here's what I'm watching. If the rebirth of Israel was actually a end time event that was four told in the bible then according to Matthew 24 a countdown timer started. Read up on the fig tree parable. Per the parable from the first end time event to the last all the end time events would happen in the lifetimes of the "generation" alive at the time.

If you assume that this is the lifetimes of those being born in the 1945 to 1948 timeframe then you can say the generation is 63 years old approximately. And per Psalms 90 a lifetime is approximately 70 to 80 years. The Apocalypse has approximately no more that 14-17 years. Assuming a 80 year generation.

Another item. Watch the prophesies of Daniel 8 and 11. Why. Because of a little coincidence here.

According to the end times of Daniel he makes a series of predictions based on the visions he had about what was supposed to happen. And the problem is? It appears that the first 3 events he predicted to occur have happened.

Daniel 11-2
A county that looked "Greek" to Daniel is attacked by four "kings or nations" from ancient Persia. The middle east. And wouldn't Washington DC make a wonderful 21st century "realm of Greece?" For a prophecy written in 500BC?

Daniel 8
According to that prophecy the "Greeks" attack and conquer 2 kings or nations in the middle east. So for the past 10 years Daniel has gone 3 for 3. With America as a worthy stand in for the Greece of the prophecy.

The coincidence is noteworthy. What's the odds?

This is the string of future events to watch for according to Daniel.

1. Persia is conquered.

2. Greece (US) and a number of other countries have their governments fail. The US comes back as 4 separate republics.

3. A new entity called the kingdom of the north forms and the 4 republics join it. At the same time a confederacy of middle eastern nations form and create the kingdom of the south.

4. The kingdoms of the north and south sign a treaty.

5. The south Pearl Harbors the north with a sneak attack apparently triggering WW3. Or is it 4?

Funny thing about that war. No mention of nukes. Where did they go? Were they already used? I know I would have turned Egypt into a new sea passage to the Indian ocean. I wonder why all the restraint?

Make of it what you will.

edit on 18-11-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Educate yourselves and you'll understand why Germany tends to have delusions of grandeur...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Holy Roman Empire was formally dissolved in 1806, not too long ago when you think about it...

top topics

join