It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Awake & Aware: You Are Wasting Your Time On Here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm glad you told us what not to do, old wise one. but you forgot what to tell us what to do, so you failed and are underneath the ant in terms of enlightenment.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Life is what you make it, man. Sorry that you're too awake and aware to enjoy yours more.

If you feel that a college education is worthless, don't get one. Just don't come around complaining about how you can't get a good job or how other people make more money than you do.

The everyday process of life, which includes watching television, shopping, actually paying your bills and all these other percieved evils (by you) are not really evil. But then I'm not a jedi like you.

You know there is a balance to be achieved between happiness and conspiracies. I wonder if the potential you see in others that you feel is wasted on enjoying the life you are given for the short amount of time you have to do so, might better be put to use on yourself.

Certainly feel free to be "awake" about whatever conspiracies you want, but also try to work on being awake to the reality that you need to do what it takes to enjoy some of your life. This is just a dang website, ok? Reality and all it's wonders are right outside your door...if you're not too paranoid to enjoy them.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Here we go, let me get my coffee and cigarettes for this....

Because I see that you think you know, but you don’t know - in fact, you even graciously provided a picture of your perception of what awake and aware is

I'm past thinking, so yeah I know. That picture depicts what it feels like when you first wake up, really wake up that is, Chakras, Kundalini, the whole bag... if you felt it, you'd know too, and knowing what I know while seeing what I see, yes it is frustrating, because either we all go home, or no one goes home, as the phrase goes. Except home is *Peace & harmony with nature/source/The Force* We haven't learned how to go to peace yet, we like war right now.

So you wish you didn’t have this awareness but you do and it makes you grumpy. And to boot, your only on ATS to help educate the masses! What a noble and self-less thing to do. No wonder your grumpy.

I wish I wasn't alone with the awareness I have, I'm not alone online in places like ATS, but I'm certainly alone where I live. I'm surrounded by 5 sense stimulated talking monkeys in fight or flight mode 24/7, it's exhausting to be around. And no, I'm not on ATS to "educate the masses", I contribute and receive contributions of knowledge and wisdom, it's symbiotic, so yes I am here for you and everyone else.

So you are confirming that you no longer seek growth, wisdom or learning.

No, I'm saying I know the basics, which the majority have no clue about because they're preoccupied occupying their couches watching TV and paying their ever rising taxes. I'm always seeking growth, because that's evolution, it means growing and expanding, losing the ego and pride and accepting one's place in this reality for what it is, not for what they want it to be. The rest of that part of your comment is basically attacking me personally from an insecure ego base you seem to be coming from.

News flash - not only do you not have to - you shouldn’t be. Nothing worse than someone who is clueless about what they are clueless about trying to teach others to follow in their infinite wisdom. So to summarize. You know. Others don’t. You generously try to teach them. You get grumpy when they don’t take your wisdom like good boys and girls.

Ok you lost me here. I'm not one of the blind leading the blind like you assume I am, I have been helping people for the majority of my life, from mentally & physically handicapped, to friends & family, to homeless strangers. I have helped people cure their diseases, and helped them better be able to help themselves, teaching one to fish so to speak. I'm doing what I can with what I got, are you? And grumpy is a normal reaction to the situations at hand, optimism opium is not.

You are exactly what you rant against. An ego driven, self-aggrandizing spewer of thoughts who clearly doesn’t even understand his own rant. Yes, some get lost in the midst of popular culture, entertainment, etc. But someone lost in their self importance is no better off - in fact, perhaps worse.

LMAO!
Whatever fills your Twinkie man.
I spend 12+ hours per day, when I have that kind of time, learning and researching, self educating to better myself. Should I just sit on my 20,000+ hours of study and research over the past few years, along with my 1000s of hours of personal work experience in the field and just sit on my hands with it? Or should I process it all, then recontribute back to society what I can for those who don't have that kind of free time?

You are the unawake and unaware seeker - no strike that. You are not seeking - we already covered that. You are the unawake and unaware non seeker. You are the one who thinks he knows. And until you deal with that - you aren’t even a Padawan. Not even close to Jedi material yet.

Did I accidentally key your car or something? Talk about me being grumpy, damn. I've seen some nasty threads on here, but I've never replied to any of them with such vicious malevolence toward the author, so much anger and patronizing apathy within you I sense. Perhaps you could enlighten me on your vast wisdom that trumps all of my work and life experience in my 4 decades of hard living?

I can go all day and night, what else you got?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
And thinking your dollar-less votes actually matter in this reality...

That should be a picture of one of those really cool and ultra-secure Diebold voting machines.

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

If you feel that a college education is worthless, don't get one. Just don't come around complaining about how you can't get a good job or how other people make more money than you do.

I don't have one, I have an incomplete one. What I also don't have is student loan debt and a mortgage. I am debt free and have had great jobs, some not so great, but at least I'm not a degridiot (degree'd idiot).

The everyday process of life, which includes watching television, shopping, actually paying your bills and all these other percieved evils (by you) are not really evil. But then I'm not a jedi like you.

When did I call them "evils"? I'm always amazed at how my words get scrambled in translation of perception by the reader, even tone & mood is assumed just from cold white text words.

You know there is a balance to be achieved between happiness and conspiracies. I wonder if the potential you see in others that you feel is wasted on enjoying the life you are given for the short amount of time you have to do so, might better be put to use on yourself.

I'm good, finally achieved the elusive "balance" I had been seeking, now I can fully enjoy happiness and anger and be content with myself, can you? I enjoy helping others, I don't "force" my beliefs or ideals on others though, I give them a cookie and if they ask for more, I'll give them more, if they refuse, that's fine by me. To each their own. That's why I posted this in "rant" and not in a designated area of topic, it's a rant, not a forced lesson by me to everyone, it's a venting mechanism.... and I wrote it last night after a few drinks which loosens me up some. I don't regret what I posted, I just didn't expect so many to interpret it in such an egotistical manner.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
I'm glad you told us what not to do, old wise one. but you forgot what to tell us what to do, so you failed and are underneath the ant in terms of enlightenment.

Trying to be a good thread host and respond to as many as I can.

Do you think it's my place, or anyone's place to tell others what to do? I don't. I offer suggestions, difference! I suggested people get up, get out, and reclaim their respective countries from the elite that are destroying them. That's a suggestion, and a good one that I wish more people would seriously consider.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

so that would mean you have done nothing, because the info has been out there long enough. People dont care and aren't do anything about it. So, I guess my question is why bring it up again?

Because it would seem you are caught up in the circle of mundane. It seems we both agree that forcing people is a bad idea, and the info is not new.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

We already know what we need to know, which is that many of you still don't know what we know, which is why we bang our heads in here trying to get you to pay attention to what we're trying to tell you....

Serious question. How do you "know"? Your own conclusion based upon information you've processed? Personal experience? Channeled from some superior entity? Are you sure enough to completely disregard any new information or insights? Is your degree of certitude equal to say, the degree of certitude you have about your own existence? How do you know you know what you need to know without presuming you know everything? Do you think you know everything? Is there a difference between believing and knowing, in that a distinction can be drawn between believing you know and knowing?

The whole epistemology thing really fascinates me, especially since I'm a big proponent of "maybe" logic.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

so that would mean you have done nothing, because the info has been out there long enough. People dont care and aren't do anything about it. So, I guess my question is why bring it up again?

I'm no Mother Tereasa by any means, but if I have changed even one life for the better, than I have at least done something positive in such a dark and negative world. Life is cheap in many countries, and I'd like to prevent such a mentality from spreading that's all. Maybe remind people of who they are and what they can accomplish, for themselves and for others.
Yes the info has been out there for a long time, but parroting it all repeatedly seems to work for the MSM and elites, so it should work to reverse the damage they've caused too, no?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I see the MSM just jumping from topic to topic not really staying on one thing for to long, but thats just how I see it. I don't know maybe try a differnt way to reach people instead of ats. What you are saying is just common sense here, so what if people like to argue.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Serious question. How do you "know"? Your own conclusion based upon information you've processed? Personal experience? Channeled from some superior entity?

All of the above, except the channeling part. I've researched practically all there is about 9/11 and I have come to that conclusion 100X over. It's difficult to see the bigger picture when things written on paper cloud one's judgement and discernment. "Because Bush and the 9/11 Commission said so" isn't a "fact" to me, but it is to so many others and how does anyone move forward from that kind of base level?

Are you sure enough to completely disregard any new information or insights?

Absolutely not, I hunt for information to convince me that the official story is the truth, the last thing I want to believe is that my country would do such horrible things to it's citizens, but considering their past with Eugenics, Gulf of Tonkin, Tuskegee experiments, etc., I have to consider that as a possibility of reality.

Is your degree of certitude equal to say, the degree of certitude you have about your own existence?

No, when it comes to 9/11 there's only so much one can discover in the information, because much of it is for their eyes only. The meaning of my own existence can only be discovered by me, I don't need references to help me understand who and what I am, just need a clear mind and heart.

How do you know you know what you need to know without presuming you know everything? Do you think you know everything?

I guess because I know enough to know that I know nothing, as Socrates said, "As for me, all I know is that I know nothing, for when I don't know what justice is, I'll hardly know whether it is a kind of virtue or not, or whether a person who has it is happy or unhappy."

Is there a difference between believing and knowing, in that a distinction can be drawn between believing you know and knowing?

There is a difference. For a blind man, he can only believe the sky is blue, until his vision is corrected, then he will know it is blue. Then he has to learn that the blue color of the sky is just what his eyes have decoded as the color blue, which is a whole other aspect of what we think is our reality.

I am a big fan of logic, but I hardly see others practicing that in their everyday lives. They seem to have an issue at their core, which usually is lack of self respect, self esteem, or self awareness. Having a strong foundation makes it possible to build and rebuild many homes on that foundation, changing it as one learns new things, always changing, always growing, and always evolving forward toward progress.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I see the MSM just jumping from topic to topic not really staying on one thing for to long, but thats just how I see it. I don't know maybe try a differnt way to reach people instead of ats. What you are saying is just common sense here, so what if people like to argue.

Common sense for you or I but hardly for everyone here. Arguing is helpful in moving toward progress I think, more debating than arguing I'd say. I try many different ways to reach people, ATS is just one of many tools I use.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I don't have one, I have an incomplete one. What I also don't have is student loan debt and a mortgage. I am debt free and have had great jobs, some not so great, but at least I'm not a degridiot (degree'd idiot).

I too have had my share of bad jobs. I do have a degree that has come in handy for me. I do have a great job (not the slave you imply workers are) and I do have the accompanying debt. It did cost to go to college. An I, like you, am certainly not a degreed idiot.

When did I call them "evils"? I'm always amazed at how my words get scrambled in translation of perception by the reader, even tone & mood is assumed just from cold white text words.

Sorry. you did not actually call them evil, but the overall tone of your photo captions indicates that these things consume society at large.

I'm good, finally achieved the elusive "balance" I had been seeking, now I can fully enjoy happiness and anger and be content with myself, can you? I enjoy helping others, I don't "force" my beliefs or ideals on others though, I give them a cookie and if they ask for more, I'll give them more, if they refuse, that's fine by me. To each their own. That's why I posted this in "rant" and not in a designated area of topic, it's a rant, not a forced lesson by me to everyone, it's a venting mechanism.... and I wrote it last night after a few drinks which loosens me up some. I don't regret what I posted, I just didn't expect so many to interpret it in such an egotistical manner.

In fact I am quite content with myself and I do have a nice balance. I'm glad you have found that as well. I can understand posting something after a few drinks. Who hasn't done that? It's just that when you say you didn't expect it to be interpreted in such an egotistical manner, it makes me wonder if you really know what you posted? I would suggest that had your OP not been so egotistical in nature, I might not have replied in such a terse manner. Honestly, the OP reads to me as you complaining that people spend their days less enlightened than you, which is egotistical. It's all cool. I'm just here for those free cookies you mentioned!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

And based upon that, what appears to me is that you have a set of conclusions you've arrived at that you believe to be true, based upon the information available to you and how you interpret it.

I will agree, if that's what constitutes Awake and Aware, and it's so frustrating that others don't hold the same conclusions that you have to beat your head against a wall (even metaphorically), then not only is the time here wasted, it's detrimental.

Just my observation.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
your first pic is totally what i feel like all the time now
when i discovered all i was ever taught was a lie i became the KOOK of my family
there is no going back no trusting of info of any kind
seems to be a never ending gut check , i will never know all but i know more than most in my circle of friends
helping some to SEE is a frustrating exercise but rewarding if get through to just 1
great minds will not be stopped
when thought is as powerful as action the reality will collapse and mankind will reemerge as the loving being we were meant to be

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Did you ever see the Matrix? The original? Sure you did...it is near a classic even given Keanu's robotic/wooden acting. Anyway small side tangent. But you know at the end NEO says I don't know how this will end but I know how it will begin? All that...then what happened? They made 2 more movies and TPTB got in there and retcon most of what we thought we knew and made it lame vision of hippy orgy and disillusion. And instead of waking us up they put us back to sleep for another 10 years...

You know StarWars yeah same sort of thing happened my Jedi friend...They keep stealing away humanities bright and golden future because they are scared. Scared of losing that power and what it might mean...but they really don't have to work to hard as most people would rather eat that cheese burger then step out and see the real world.

I recently have been waking up to what and where we are and frankly it is scary and difficult because the "System" is setup in such a way as it is hard to pull the plug,,,TV, power, Entertainment...all of these controls in place for generations.

But who knows maybe we will become the Jedi we were supposed to be and humanity can finally step into a Golden age.
edit on 18-11-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Jedi is a state of mind and especially heart. It's an awareness of all that is (within our awareness perception) and all that can be. I've been using the name JibbyJedi for most of my internet life, it came from ROTJ when Jabba knocks Luke into the Rancor pit.
At 2:54 he says, "Jibby Jedi, Jibby Jedi..." which is basically me, a Jedi with some serious bad luck falling down the Rabbit Hole, kind of like Luke has in that scene.

I've had an unlucky series of unfortunate events overtake most of my life, which made me more powerful than I could have possibly imagined.

Strength from adversity, vision from blindness, love from hate. They say you can't have one without the other, I say you can't know one without the other. Just trying to embrace the horror but can't help yelling at it from time to time, we all need to let off some stream at times. I didn't mean to come off as a "know it all", more of a "knows a lot and wants to wake up as many as I can" that's all.
edit on 18-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So for those of us trying to get it....
how do I know I'm going the right way? you mentioned feeling outside yourself. Lately I have been the opposite, withdrawling very much inside myself. I thought I was doing something right, but maybe not?

I have some friends very much into the 'cosmic awakening', Buddism, Indians, and the likes. They are still searching, I just kind of watch, read, study, do what I can to take it in and learn something.

But is paranoia a correct start? being suspicious of almost everything?
Turning the TV off, spending more time with my animals?
And do paranormal activities factor into this state of higher being?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join