It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someome please ID these guys?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Being as anal retentive as I am, I searched through the National Geographic cds from 1927 through 1949 in every article about New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa, and everything involving sheep and found no reference or picture of these two. By their dress, it looks old. Any other possible clues? I love a good mystery.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have seen these guys on a site, I recall as 'Freepers'. The site had something to do with a list of 'anti-american' sympathizers that was circulated around the time the Nick Berg incident took place. His dad's name was on the list, as a result of his anti-war stance.

The site may have gotten the photo from the same place you did, this may be of no help to you, --it's all I got.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Thanks for all the help guys

I have had the pic for about 3 years on my HD, and my site, I can't remember where it came from but must have been off the net at some stage.

I suspect its 1930's rural America, but it really could be anywhere. I doubt its recent, from the grainy texture. I suspect the guy on the left is the smart one as he can tell the time, the one on the right bears a strange resemblence to that swedish chef from the muppets with the sticky up hair

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
They are not listed on this page of famous freaks

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Here's your freepers link with Nick Berg: www.conspiracyplanet.com...

No mention of where the photo is from though.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Maybe they were related to her:

The four legged woman had a malformed siamese twin, which meant she was left with two pairs of legs and two vaginas
from which she gave birth to five children, 3 from her body and two from her twins. Billed as the Four-Legged woman form Texas, Myrtle used to gallop across the stage like a horse and was a very popular freak in the early 1900's for her horrific deformities.

source

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If this helps any, properties:
www.stuffucanuse.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Being as anal retentive as I am, I searched through the National Geographic cds from 1927 through 1949 in every article about New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa, and everything involving sheep and found no reference or picture of these two. By their dress, it looks old. Any other possible clues? I love a good mystery.

Wow.. talk about dedication! Dang. maybe it wasn't NG?

I'm trying to recall what I can. I've seen it more than once.. as I say it's quite famous. I think it was part of an exhibition by quite a famous photographer/photojournalist. I can't remember the subject of the exhibition or when the photograph as shot, though I know it's quite old.

still racking my brains over this one...

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have definately seen this picture before.

Dammit, I remember laughing about this photo back in first year of college in Contempoary Photomedia.

There was a photojournalist who took photos of the people affected by the depression in the US. I'm not 100% sure these two relate to this photohournalist though.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Don't know who they are! My boss found this pic at uglypeople.com last year.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Someone here said that Bush and co are really reptilian creatures who can take on Human form. Maybe these are pics of them during the transformation. The pic I found above was taken a few minutes later I think.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm a little afraid to ask, but what is that dog doing to that doll in your avatar?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
I thought that I recognised them when I first saw them, but I think it's just their features that look familiar. one of the naked romeo cleaners from berlin looks very similar ( anyone who has ever watched eurotrash will know who I mean) Also Matthew Mcgrory, the giant in the film 'Big Fish' has similar features.

The first thing i thought when i saw the pic is that they look just like the giant from 'Big Fish'

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
don'no boss, but dey got mighty purdy mouths don' they?

(strains of dueling banjos rise from the distance...)

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Aeon10101110]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

I have this pic on my website, and am curious about their identity, such a great looking pair of inbreeds must be infamous for something

Anyone know the background?

The one on the left is most definitely Vince McMahon , the othet could be George the Animal Steel before the rogaine kicked in

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
As others said it looks like it was taken in the 1930's. To me it looks like a Dorothea Lange photograph, it's the type of subject matter she photographed, and in the era she did it. The Farm Security Administration hired her to take photo's of the downtrodden during the depression. I searched some online photo galleries to no avail, however. But I think she might be the path to go down...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This picture must date from after 1959, when the first sansabelt trousers hit the market. He's probably wearing a cheap knock-off pair which probably hit the market a year or two later.

www.sansabelt.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Are you sure it�s a legitimate photo? The faces look photoshopped to me. Or maybe I�ve just been on ATS for too long and I�m in auto-hoax mode.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Yup it's real.

and more to the point.....

I KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!!!

*dances round in circle, waving hands in the air*

Introducing......

Dresie and Casie, twins, from Western Transvaal, South Africa. The photograph was taken in 1993 by New York photographer Roger Ballen. Originally published in 1994 in his book/exhibition "Platteland: Images of Rural South Africa", and later in his 2001 book "Outland"

I KNEW I'd seen it before!! (though didn't realise it had only just been published when I first saw it!)

edit : ps. Special thanks to Toni, Curator of the National Museum of Film, Photography and Television, Bradford, UK, for identifying this. If in doubt, as an expert!

[edit on 10/9/04 by muppet]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I guess all of us thinking it went back to the thirties was way off.
Maybe it took the 60 years of inbreading to create such fine examples of genetic excellence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join