It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you be willing to sacrifice ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
What would you be willing to sacrifice for the good of the country? Pay more for gas (just an example).

What kind of sacrifices could people make that would have an impact on the greater good?

Thoughts?
I would give up driving altogether and ride a bike or public transportation. But, where I live its hard to do so with no public transportation at all.. I live out in the sticks of Minnesota ..Peace.sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Uhm, i dare not have my eyes burn with the fire of 1000 suns, but you can just look up "Jersey shore" and go to images, then when you see a bunch of Giant carrots with eyes, you'll know exactally what could be sacrificed for the good of our country.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Don't we give enough already? take all my money and the illegal immigrants have all my jobs. Maybe I should just prostitute my wife and kids. If i don't the government will.

I'm done giving. I'm getting ready to start taking what's rightfully mine.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i already gave up my car....couldn't afford to keep it
already gave up my home...couldn't afford to keep it, moved in with roomies
already gave up use of my insurance...cant afford to use it

how much more do i have to give up before the country starts doing better?

the only thing i wish to give up is my government..i think that will solve the country's problems lickity split.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Thats a good answer
thanks for posting ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
the only thing i wish to give up is my government..i think that will solve the country's problems lickity split.

This is the solution and everyone knows it. Just that some people are still comfortable with their dwindling possesions and job they have left and continue to keep their obediencce to their slavemaster. Those are the ones who are SCARED and accusing us as being the problem instead.

You'd have to be blind and ignorant to not realize it's the Corruption of our terrorist gov't.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Explanation: S&F!

I would be willing to sacrifice everybody elses huge sense of greed!

Personal Disclosure: Stupidity and Prudishness also need to be sacrificed ... but 1 thing at a time, because OL is not greedy!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Amen. The giving has reached the maximum tolerance levels for me and many others.

Example - Many in my town own our own homes, no mortgage. Our tax rate is about $23 for every $1000 our homes are appraised at. I bought my home for $113,000 LESS than it's been appraised at for the past 3 years, so my taxes are through the roof and beyond affordable for most of us here in NH.

We are making choices now of food, utilities, gasoline, car stuff, and some on miscellaneous expenses, which leave nothing left for ridiculous tax rates, especially supporting families in this obnoxious economy. It''s ticking time bombs of IRS vs the people world war waiting to take place.

People in my town will shoot first and ask for names later when the IRS tries taking their homes for bogus over estimated tax rates. Going to be the wild west around here in about 2 years.

edit on 17-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Revealation..I understand what your saying and good luck with that..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

We have all had to sacrifice including myself ..I think there is allot of people out there that would like to give up the government ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

OmegaLogos thanks for the reply and yes there is allot of greed in the world..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

OL you always make me laugh.

In true seriousness to the topic i am 18 without a job. I have done little sacrifices in my life however in my understanding what i would want to sacrifice personally is something i just really can't comprehend at the moment but there are certain things that i would much enjoy slashed mostly in the Federal Gov't. The Fed vs the States has been a cold war for a long time and really needs to be addressed to the people with terms of peace so we can put the nonsence behind us and move foward

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
A few things my partner and I do to reduce our footprint

- stopped keeping a car a couple years ago, biking and transit are the cheap way.
- No cable in a few years, whenever I am at someones house and I see cnn or any other news my jaw drops at how scripted and opinionated it is, its not news any more its just brain poison.
-Gave up buying coporate goods, I actually bought sunlight dish soap yesterday since I had no other choice, its so much cheaper than buying local products. 3.99 for a litre of dish soap vs 9.99 for 500ml of the good for the earth stuff. That goes for clothing, shoes, food items.... its really expensive to not support the coporate monopoly, even fruits and veggies are expensive, even if you ignore the 'organic' stuff.
-Stopped eating meat a few years ago, at first because modern meat processing is terrible for the animals and us alike, then the decision became reinforced by my spiritual beliefs.

oh

and no more paper-towels, that one hurt! They cant be recycled, so my spouse and I cut it out, however I never realized how much of that stuff I used, its much easier to pick up a mess and throw it in the garbage.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Many in my town have lost there farms and there jobs and its so sad many of the farms were in there family for generations ..Our farm was worth allot of money now its been appraised thousands below what its worth..I go to the grocery store and buy hotdogs and cheap food because the food in the stores are so expensive i cant afford to buy what i use to to feed the family..Life around were i live is very grim and not getting any better..peace,sugarcookie

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I still have my car but i don't drive it unless its to go somewhere important the price of gasoline is more then we can afford right now..
We cut cable out also but keep the internet..
I very seldom buy local to expensive but id like to id like to help the community..
We have cut out so much that we use to have its now down to basics..
But its wonderful your trying to reduce our footprint ..thank you for posting ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hi SC1..I had to sell my truck last week, I just couldn't make the payment anymore..instead I now am the proud owner of a 2004 Pontiac that I picked up for 1200.00$ bucks..I moved into the hood..for cheaper rent..believe me it's scary here..especially after dark..not safe. And..I have cut back and given up many of the small things I used to enjoy..just to buy food..So I have nothing left to give up..I hope things get better..Cheers Coco

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Im sorry to hear things are so rough in your town. Buying local is hard especially if you are taking care of a family. Its just me and my girlfriend for now it makes things managable for now.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

I'm so sorry you had to sell your truck but at least you were able to buy another vehicle so thats a plus..
I'm hopeing things get better itscocobaby so you can get out of the hood and into a safe place im sure its very scary!
Many of us don't have anything to give up anymore we have gave all we can im just hopeing the future wont be so grim for us all..I guess we just need faith...peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

This is true my friend..hope, faith and love..perhaps that's the lesson..fighting back anger and bitterness and blame..they say "poverty is the mother of invention" I believe their is truth in this..even if it's to invent a better state of mind..with just that..who knows..anything is possible. Cheers Coco

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Its just me and my husband normally but for the last few months we have another family living with us they lost everything in a fire so were helping out till there back on there feet..sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join