It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest What-If Hovering Over Obama’s Presidency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Senior officials don’t define administrations; presidents do, by making the strategic decisions that reshape events. For the latest confirmation of this age-old truth, we need look no farther than Jackie Calmes’s excellent article on Tim Geithner, the one economic advisor Obama “fought to keep.” Toward the end of her piece, she reports the following, which occurred on a conference call shortly after the 2008 election:

Mr. Obama spoke of the transformative domestic policies he had promised and now would pursue. Mr. Geithner, say people familiar with the exchange, cautioned that the crisis Mr. Obama had inherited was so severe that it would constrain him.

“Your legacy is going to be preventing the second Great Depression,” Mr. Geithner said. Vexed, Mr. Obama replied, “That’s not enough for me.”

www.tnr.com...

Seriously that's not good enough for ME that should never enter in to the equation for a Potus in fact it should be the last thing to even be thinking about Country comes first and should always.

This is sickening those policies haven't done a damn thing for this country not one .There is no difference now and there was 3 years ago the only thing that has changed is the national debt and no future as long as that ego manic is Potus.

One thing is for sure if he had taken Geithners advice how many of us can say would would be sitting at a 15 trillion national deficit.

Which is where i throw another article that relates to the path chosen by Obama:

The Treasury Department yesterday revised its loss estimate for the Government Motors bailout from $14.33 billion to $23.6 billion, thanks to the company’s sinking stock price. GM’s Sept. 30 closing price, on which the new estimate is based, was $20.18, about $13 less than its December IPO price and $35 less than what is needed for taxpayers to break even.

reason.com...

The national debt an the taxpaer money means absolutely nothing to him and he needs voted out in a bad way another 4 more years of this guy you think things are bad now wait for his 2 terms.
edit on 17-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
we all know obama is going to fight tooth and nail, to stay in another 4 years...just to ensure this country is totally destroyed..how many more bailouts is he going to give corporations? in some ways, what's happening in DC is similar to what's happening in Detroit, right now...the wonderful mayor we have, for the second time in the last few months, is saying Detroit is on the brink of being broke....and says if a "financial task force" has to be brought in, he will be more than happy to volunteer to head it....talk about double-dipping....the really messed up part, is Detroiters want all the surrounding suburbs to pay more in taxes, to bail them out...no way...i don't live there, i'm not giving them a dime....i say let them both sink!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

alot of people have ties to the main city in the suburbs. i dont think you would find opposition for saving the city. detroit is nothing like whats happening in dc. detroit cant afford half what it does the 500k that live their now are to spread apart in the city itself and is dealing with corruption left and right. i suppose D.C does have the latter though

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Gietner is CFR. Old man Boosh was CFR director for a couple of years in the 70s. We need not go into detail about the CFR, TLC, Bilderberg etc. It matters not who is in office. The same people comtrol all of the puppets despite the labels that appear on them for public consumption.

There is a single policy and it will never change. But can you see it through the crap?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Call him what you will,I tend to think he leans this way.....................

Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.
Benito Mussolini

The truth is that men are tired of liberty.
Benito Mussolini

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well said, Neo.

Though, I think Obama's legacy is already written.

He tried to ruin a nation, but when the nation is made up of more than just the sum of its parts, failure was assured.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

S & F Neo!

Obama’s legacy will be a failed economic recovery, record spending, record deficit, double-dip recession, high unemployment and…of course…Obamacare!

Wasn’t it Obama himself that said “…that after three years, if the economy wasn’t fixed he should be a one-term president.”

I wholeheartedly agree! Do I think he will do the honorable thing and step he aside?
Not A Chance!!

top topics

join