It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Max is upon us - With a Vengence!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

WOW! an 800,000 kilometer Magnetic Filament is now facing us. What's more, we have an incomming halo CME class c6 - not too big huh? Watched it on the lasco c3 with dates at 20111110 20111111...

Take a look at that magnetic filament again. Trailing behind it are a cloud of violent sunspots it appears to be creating...

I reviewed the movie on this web site and it's showing a rather disturbed north - south directional filament, another magnetic filament? it appears to be roiling with violent activity...

anyone see what I'm referring to?

wow....

That filament appears to be creating an entire string of nasty sunspots behind it does it not?

That other filament I was asking about is manifesting itself on the far horizon, center, running north - south, incoming. Another magnetic filament??!

Here's a shot from the other site:

Far left: filament. Above the suspected new filament, north horizon, appears to be what I can only explain as a solar volcano... it's a peak of plasma, and it isn't shrinking. It appears in this image like a bright mountain, see it?

A new solar object? Solar Volcano?

Look at the movie again:

Solar Volcano

That solar object isn't going anywhere, is more pronounced than any other flare, plume or cloud around the entire solar parameter, and is brilliant, like an eruptive feature...

WHAT.... is THAT! God's new pop gun?! I can't even imagine what a super volcano on the sun's surface would do.... but it's bigger than life, and bigger than planet Earth...

It'll be facing us by next week!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Its pretty that's for sure. Hydra flares aren't a big deal. Who says power failure is a bad thing....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
These are some amazing photos. The first one has a certain beauty in the Chaos of danger. What is the estimated size of this "Solar Volcano"?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This stuff has happened since the sun has been around! It is nothing new, nor is it going to kill us. Its just that we are just now having tech to see it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I emailed Space Weather dot com and asked the good doctor to extrapolate on this post, hopefully he'll soon chime in with some good old fashion government cool water to douse this 'oddity' on the sun's surface. Probably just a solariod flare up....

I hope....
edit on 17-11-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Actually, wtf is that in the top left in the last photo? I watched the SOHO clip, it barely moves, definitely looks like some sort of 'solar volcano' from the provided angle... should be interesting to see what happens when it moves into view...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidKnight
These are some amazing photos. The first one has a certain beauty in the Chaos of danger. What is the estimated size of this "Solar Volcano"?

No estimates, as no space agency is reporting on it - NONE OF THEM....

Still havent heard back fro the doc. My estimation of it's size is about 1.25 Earth masses

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
I emailed Space Weather dot com and asked the good doctor to extrapolate on this post, hopefully he'll soon chime in with some good old fashion government cool water to douse this 'oddity' on the sun's surface. Probably just a solariod flare up....

I hope....
edit on 17-11-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)
Could you ask him why the speed and (nt) graph is linear on 15 and 16 November?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Heck, I was wondering why Soho showed a flare eruption, next frame normal, then several frames later show the actual eruption back on the 11th...

Orbiters are phasing in and out of time shift zones methinks lol...

We just had two double CME events, one around 11:42 pm:

and the other at 6:18 today:

Getting rather wild!!
edit on 18-11-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

The new animation for today has two filaments that look like Steeds of the Sun. There’s one near the center and there’s one in the upper right. They look like ghostly horses. I read an old fantasy novel explaining they assume strange distorted shapes driven by the wind.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Where is the vengeance part?
Not seeing anything but sunspots.
Nothing remotely catastrophic

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here's our sun, this Thanksgiving day...

WHAT.... is so unusual?

really?

Take a look at today's plot:

(taken from the SolarSoft monitor)

The graphs show a rather SUBSTANTIAL increase in Solar output...

... with a VENGENCE!
edit on 24-11-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Had another exciting flare up today...

Space Weather.com Had this to say about today's solar activity:

RADIATION STORM AND CME ALERT:

A solar radiation storm is in progress around Earth. At the moment, the storm is classified as minor, which means it has little effect on Earth other than to disturb HF radio transmissions at high latitudes. Energetic protons, which make up the bulk of the storm, were accelerated in our direction earlier today by shock waves in a CME racing away from the sun at about 1000 km/s (2.2 million mph). According to analysts at the Goddard Space Weather Lab, the CME itself will reach Earth on Nov. 28th around 14:23 UT (+/- 7 hours).

Seems like this incoming event is going to also create some dramatic aurora activity... stay on the watch!
edit on 26-11-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Any chance we'll see the aurora in the lower 48?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caver78
Any chance we'll see the aurora in the lower 48?

They stated that the 28th and 29th may see minor geomagnetic storm activity... Lower 48 will be seeing aurora activity, although at minor levels, which means get out to the darkest spot you can find outside of the city and lay back on the hood of your car or truck, and look for the faint streaks of green and magenta magic in the night sky...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
This stuff has happened since the sun has been around! It is nothing new, nor is it going to kill us. Its just that we are just now having tech to see it.

How dare you inject some rationality into this near-death fantasy? The OP clearly gets high off of his delusions of a coming apocalypse.

Go and rain on another parade!

To OP: Those images are not from a video game. If you don't know how to read them or compare them, keep quiet and wait for someone else to notify us of anything out of the ordinary.

THANKS

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

You're quite creative in your choice of words in your post. Since you feel that I don't understand the operative reality of the items I've posted here then perhaps you can enlighten us on it's real methodology on understanding useage...

As this thread's author, who posted the items within it with a full understanding of what it is I've posted here, I take your comments as an insult, and thus must interject that if you have something different to add to this post then great! please ADD to it. But to come onto this thread with the unfounded and insulting comments you have made, is really bad form on your behalf.

go back you your xbox world and dream of HALO, while the rest of us analize this latest Solar Cycle and its real threat potential.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

It really isn't upon us with a vengeance at all.

We haven't had a big flare since September, that's over 2 months ago...and since then it's been pretty damn quiet.

Have you seen what the last solar maximum looked like compared to now?

We're a long way off from it being vengeful.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Well, yet again another CME.. this one occurring as I post this image of it...

Looks like it's gonna be another X class flare....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

It really isn't upon us with a vengeance at all.

We haven't had a big flare since September, that's over 2 months ago...and since then it's been pretty damn quiet.

Have you seen what the last solar maximum looked like compared to now?

We're a long way off from it being vengeful.

Hi Chad..

Today, we got hit with the inbound Hyder Flare. Yeah, wasn't too chaotic, however just the fact that a Hyder Flare was sent our direction should be reason to think this latest solar event is somehow special.. correct?

Vengence doesn't always mean harmful, My meaning in the term is related to the frequent occurance of solar events that could have had a negative effect on Earth. Wouldn't you agree that there has been an increase in these events?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join