It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Glock just fell apart in my hand.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I am not sure what category this should be in, as it crosses many borders.
Weaponry, gray area, dreams, Etc. maybe more but here it is.
There has been a huge push for polymer as of recently and most guns are made of the stuff.
Recently I picked up a Glock 19 for the wife as it is compact and manageable for the small female type, yet it is a very proven design, family.
My problem begins last night about 3ish a.m.
I am asleep having a wonderful dream of the apocalypse, and I am firing into the oncoming….bad guys.
My friends are around me and we are putting up an excellent attack on the verge of victory.
The enemy then brought out a tank looking vehicle with what looked like a microwave antenna on top.
All of the firing from the other side stopped and there was calm for a few seconds until the tank started humming as the turret rotated.
The grip on my battle rifle fell off as I grabbed for the Polymer Glock on my hip as I thought of how angry I was that my gun broke at such a pivotal moment.
As I reached for the Glock on my hip, the thing fell apart in my hand as the slide and many steel parts fell to the ground.
I looked over to my buddy whose rifle had fallen apart too and anything polymer was destroyed, just disintegrated.
Rifle grips and butt stocks, forends, every plastic piece gone, leaving most weapons largely inoperable due to heat, and lack of a way to be handled.
Here is my question, with the large push on polymer parts in the last 30 – 40 years, how possible could it be to design a weapon to destroy polymer rather than lives?
Why pick up bodies, when you can take slaves for labor?
Don’t say so on an internet forum, but I hope you still have some steel guns with wooden forends and butts.
Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Extremely common dream for people who have been through combat.

The other common one is pulling the trigger and the ammo is bad.

Judging by that post roll i've had it a few times.....
edit on 17-11-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

I noticed you twitched here, maybe you had the same dream?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Easy solution: get an old fashioned AK-47 with wooden stocks and grips.

Nothin beats old school when it comes to offin your fellow man.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Interesting dream and post.

I was with you. I thought, "this guy maybe speaking of something that could save lives". Then you go ahead and say

Why pick up bodies, when you can take slaves for labor?

I hope that was a joke. Even if it was, it was poor in taste. We have to learn how to do better than this.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

The last part was the feeling that I had, was that we had no way of defending ourselves, we'd surely be taken as prisoners.
I'd rather die free than exist in a cage.
Luckily I woke up shortly after we got back to the pizza parlor...? dreams sure are weird.
But what if we have that sort of tech, scary huh?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Maybe if nano particles were in the polymer that heated up super quick and hot enough to melt it would be possible.(?) Cool dream by the way, dreams I have with guns that fall apart tend to happen when I need them the most. (ive ever been in combat)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have one word for you. Resonance. Certain materials have resonant frequencies which allow the transfer of a lot of energy to them. Humans have such a frequency as well and can be easily killed or immobilized. Resonance can be exploited both in the electromagnetic and sonic mediums. It's how Tesla almost destroyed the building that housed his lab in New York city.

Unfortunately the high tech. stuff makes it very difficult to fulfill the main purpose of the 2nd amendment: protecting the people from unlawful government.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yeah anyone who trains with firearms report similar dreams. I'm had numerous dreams of my gun not firing ending up allowing me to be shot instead. Or I fire and fire and it doesn't stop something coming at me. Gun breaks, can't find the gun etc.

I read something about it being about self confidence and being able to handle a stressful situation involving a gun. VERY common.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Yup. I've had similar dreams. My glock26 is my EDC. In my dreams, I either can't pull the trigger for some reason, my weapon falls apart, or some other malfunction. Worst dreams ever, I even wake up sweating. Those dreams linger with me all day long the next day. I hate those dreams, they seem so real.

edit on 17-11-2011 by becomingaware because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
What a crazy dream. You better pick up a 1911 and a good revolver just to be safe if you don't have them already. I own a Glock 19 and 23. But I'm glad I have my Springfield 1911 and .38 special revolver. I wonder if the wood would catch fire on my old rifle. I have an old cheap 1926 Mosin Nagant that I love. I can hit the 300 yard plate with open sites with that thing. I would cry if the heat caused it to combust. But that technology is coming closer and closer to being used on a regular basis. At least the rifle came with a bayonet.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It's not necesarily the gun falling apart in my dream, I have had those before.
The major thing of this dream was that there was a known reason for the mass malfunctions.
SevenThunders maybe pinned what I was trying to explain, with resonance.
It makes me glad I still have access to old weaponry.
But the creepy part as I said was that there was a known reason, makes you wonder.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

There is not anything scarier than a dream where things are not in your control and you are helpless. I had one where I was attacked by tweaker looking zombies. When I reached for my pistol, the only thing there was a knife and they got to me and took my knife before I could and stabbed me in the leg with it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
In all my dreams involving firearms, they always turn into water guns. Then when I'm forced to use hand to hand combat, my punches and kicks are soft and slow...

I guess our subconscious either plays on our greater fears or perhaps the 2nd amendment doesn't exist in dream land.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
When I dream I tend to be carrying axes, knives, shortswords , or just one massive scythe. Generally though I dont get the falls apart bit. Most everything else in my dreams does though, although that happens after my mental avatar has had its way with em.

Did a damn fine job of obliterating Mr Blobby in my head once. Dreams are strange, as another poster pointed out, but often ammusing.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've never had a firearms fail on me in a dream. I've had plenty of people around me fail though. Surprisingly not who I would have expected.

I wouldnt worry about polymer frame degradation. The H&K VP70's are in their 40's now and still function. Chances are in 40 years time you'll come across another firearm or just not live long enough to see your polymer framed gun fail.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker

Have the dream often. Go to squeeze the trigger, and nothing happens.
Or stuck in some kind of engagement where I end up only with my hand in the shape of a gun to use.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Shadowalker

Have the dream often. Go to squeeze the trigger, and nothing happens.
Or stuck in some kind of engagement where I end up only with my hand in the shape of a gun to use.

that's a little weird.

top topics

join