It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: We Have Failed!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Just like everything else regarding OWS. No taking ANY responsibility for their own actions or in this case inaction including the fizzle at the end.

Lack of Leadership

Lack of a cohesive Agenda

Lack of a clear unified message

Lack of Real Content

Union participation.

Communist Agenda....

I could go on but what would be the point?

So please, let's again [as always] lay blame elsewhere...

I've said quite a few times to Fall back, Regroup and come out swinging in the Spring with a Clear message and an established leadership who will articulate the groups clear agenda. Also, Many of us have been saying all along.

Take it to Washington and End the FED ----> Case in Point!

link   

Because not everyone supports the whole occupy movement....as I said in my post before (and you are illustrating this perfectly) not everyone sees it in a positive light or sees something they want to be apart of as hard as that may be to believe

link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Wait, is this some kind of pathetic attempt to blame ATS members for the failures of the occupy movement?

No. What I am saying is that for a website that talks about change and freedom, most of us sat on our hands and ridiculed.

All talk, no action.....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Skippy1138

And my point was why weren't more of us out there helping them use the right methods?

What are the right methods?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You are making the assumption, at least you seem to be that all of ATS are of like mind, certainly in your use of the "we". The beauty of this site is that everyone is never on the same page.

Personally, I think the OWS business was a parody. An incoherent mash of the failures in society who are railing for change but have no coherent depiction of what the changed system would look like other than bromides like "pass the wealth around".

They should have turned the water cannons on them weeks ago.

Many of folks on this site could care less what happens to the clowns on the streets.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
did the protesters get the munchies and go home?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

The right method is the opinion of each individual. Each one of us has an idea of what OWS should have done, but my point is why didn't more people make their opinions heard instead of sitting on their backsides?

reply to post by dolphinfan

You are making the assumption, at least you seem to be that all of ATS are of like mind

No I am not. What I am saying is that diverse knowledge would have been invaluable. I'm sorry if I am lumping all of ATS together, but many, many people on this site, including those against OWS, have talked about the system needing change yet shy away from acting on their "principles".

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

But it looks as though we are going to fail. It looks as though the NWO police state is one step closer.

Where you been brah? We've been a police state since the end of WWII, this is nothing new to me. There isn't going to be any "change" for this country other than the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer as the middle class disappears.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've said quite a few times to Fall back, Regroup and come out swinging in the Spring with a Clear message and an established leadership who will articulate the groups clear agenda. Also, Many of us have been saying all along.

I agree with your whole post, but I would suggest, instead of falling back and regrouping in Spring, make the moves now while the numbers are there. Go to these white collar criminals' homes, with evidence in hand, arrest them, and have their trials before the Spring. No need to stay cold all Winter if the bad guys are in custody, no?

edit on 17-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: i hate keyboards

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

See I agree with that!

Did you go to your local Occupy and talk about your ideas to aid in American change?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

reply to post by JibbyJedi

See I agree with that!

Did you go to your local Occupy and talk about your ideas to aid in American change?

My local Occupy group is in Nashua and they are too few to do much of anything besides get arrested. Then there's Boston an hour away, also just getting arrested for the most part. The bad guys aren't in Boston or Nashua, but I do try to give my advice via ATS & other well known OWS viewed sites, just as good if not better , I reach more eyes on here.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I haven't given up, even though my local Occupy is dwindling away. I am still participating. What I am saying is that we could have done more and supported change.

ATS would have been an asset to coordinate ideas and spread them to each of our local Occupy's.

If an idea is true, then it doesn't need "coordination" or "validation".

If an idea requires the collective, then you've lost before the race even started.
An individual voice can enact change.
An individual voice has enacted change.
Rosa Parks didn't need a group or a crowd to do what she did.

Neither do you or anyone else.

I don't agree with the OWS movement. But I acknowledge the fact that you have a right to do, to say, what you believe. Just as I have a right to disagree.

ATS is a sounding board for ideas, for concepts, for conspiracies. Not a hub for just one idea or concept. I defy you to come up with a single idea that has a consensus here.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by LightAssassin

The Federal Reserve runs the banks in America, as it is the central bank.

But you have a point.

We should be going after groups like the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, and the Central Banking networks.

Well, actually I have been going after them.

I will always be ready to educate people about those organizations.

I agree with you. The first step is education. Maybe some of these college kids need some deprogramming after their Marxist professors told them Capitalism is evil, but they forgot to tell them that communists still use Capitalist mechanism to fund their activities.
edit on 17-11-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Much like the political idelogy behind OWS guess they expected "victory" to just be handed to them oh well we can still give them trophies for showing up and "trying".

Meh

edit on 17-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If an idea requires the collective, then you've lost before the race even started. An individual voice can enact change. An individual voice has enacted change. Rosa Parks didn't need a group or a crowd to do what she did.

This isn't Braveheart. Those days are long gone and now reside in movies. The Eugenics has mentally damaged half the population into apathy, one person will just be targeted and taken out.

Example: Alex Jones goes to OWS, megaphone in hand, gets the crowd wild, then is taken out by cops, thrown in jail, crowd goes back to bongos. American adrenaline/attention span has shortened greatly.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
May I ask exactly what has happened that has caused anyone to declare this movement as a "failure"?

In my mind, it is actually only a beginning and Occupy has provided an answer to a question many have been asking for years.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by beezzer

If an idea requires the collective, then you've lost before the race even started. An individual voice can enact change. An individual voice has enacted change. Rosa Parks didn't need a group or a crowd to do what she did.

This isn't Braveheart. Those days are long gone and now reside in movies. The Eugenics has mentally damaged half the population into apathy, one person will just be targeted and taken out.

Example: Alex Jones goes to OWS, megaphone in hand, gets the crowd wild, then is taken out by cops, thrown in jail, crowd goes back to bongos. American adrenaline/attention span has shortened greatly.

If fear is a factor as to whether you speak out or not, then perhaps people should say at home.

Less traffic for those of us unafraid to speak our minds.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If the idea is true then why does it need a leader?

We don't need a collective, we need more people adding to the pool of ideas. ATS has many good ideas but many sat on their butts and complained.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I went to my local Occupy Adelaide. I was disappointed. Plus we don't really have the same problems here and the support was lousy.

All we can complain about is high taxes, a Prime Minister in power due to a bloodless coup, and Carbon tax.

And I did complain.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If fear is a factor as to whether you speak out or not, then perhaps people should say at home. Less traffic for those of us unafraid to speak our minds.

Speak your minds till your head explodes, you're just preaching to the choir down there. I have more courage than most people, but I also have sensibility and a rational evaluation of the situation at hand. 2 months in parks, yelling, holding signs, banging drums, getting on camera, posting videos of blatant police brutality.... what has come of it overall? Mainstream America is laughing at them, making jokes, not taking them seriously. Why? Because that's all they are doing!

edit on 17-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join