It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's flying boats!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So are these bad boys gonna be in action? Just LISTEN to these things...unreal. Iran is developing some super high technology and with these in action-no can defend!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Ha!

Check the first comment at the bottom of the video:

Sir, we seem to be picking up something on the gaydar!

edit on 17-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So are these bad boys gonna be in action? Just LISTEN to these things...unreal. Iran is developing some super high technology and with these in action-no can defend!

www.youtube.com...

Wow i never knew those existed, that would be an interesting weapon to try and defend against

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
LOL its called a stinger missle...

anyways... someone call Cid Highwind he lost his airship

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah...these are slower than they typical Cessna's that can land on water. What a feat!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Didnt Baloo have one of those planes in Tale Spin?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You are being sarcastic, right? I'm thinking yes, yes you are.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
they're martyrdom planes. each will be packed with a thousand pounds of high explosives and will fly just above the water in the cover of darkness and driven right into u.s. vessels.

so you could laugh, put it won't be funny fishing 3 thousand dead sailors from the sea.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I have a little more faith in my guys then to let them be subject to this... We have something called radar... have you heard about it?? it's kinda new

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Of course not!! This plane is unreal!!!

Originally posted by ILikeStars

You are being sarcastic, right? I'm thinking yes, yes you are.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Title of Youtube video...

Iran unveils 'Bavar 2' stealth flying boat with machine gun and camera -

Stealth ??

From Flying Carpets to Flying Crapfest...

I am really terrified now !!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Although I do like the idea, the plan of having the prop in clear view, on top and open, doesn't make much sense to me.

But that's me...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think Iran is speaking to Israel here and saying "look, we have some weapons you havent gone up against. We will cut off your hands." Its unconventional and takes some ingenuity to come up with a craft like this.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

cloudkicker.50webs.com... yes yes he did but his was yellow and a little bit bigger and had wing mounted engines instead of pusher props? if they are dropping mines they could be pretty decent and i guess if they had some kind of torpedo who knows a swordfish biplane disabled the Bismarck but other then possibly lookin like a sea gull on radar(speed?) i dont see too much of a tactical atvantage other then you cant take out their runway as easily

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thanks for the tip !! Some gems in those comments !!

I know ducks that can fly faster than that.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

www.youtube.com...

I wouldn't say those cannot be defended against. A 50 cal. would shred those things into tissue paper and the people flying them with it. There isn't a weapon or vehicle in the world that can't be defended against. Yes they can fly around in their glorified speed boats with the 25 HP briggs and straton engines taped to the top and all it takes is for 1 soldier with a 50 cal. mounted to a hummer to ruin their day.

This is like saying those 1982 mazda pick up trucks with the 50 cal guns on them can't be defended against. I can personally think if a variety of weapons that would make the pilots playing the Wright brothers in those boat planes wish they were anywhere but in those toys. A 50 cal. gun would make those guys wish they were flying a tank instead of a skiff.
edit on 17-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Title of Youtube video...

Iran unveils 'Bavar 2' stealth flying boat with machine gun and camera -

Stealth ??

From Flying Carpets to Flying Crapfest...

I am really terrified now !!

The stealth part comes where they fly under the radar, not that they actually have radar deflecting angles.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Naval Defense against flying boats

Unfortunately for Iran the US navy happens to load it's ships with CIWS systems that have 20mm gatling guns.

I don't even want to think of what a big APDS round from one of those would do to one of those boats but it'd be UGLY

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Thanks for the reply.

I just thought the way they evoked "stealth" in the title to make it sound more dangerous...but after looking at the video...well...

You know...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The US could counter with these!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join