It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More data shows neutrinos still faster than light

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

Time to re-write the history books!
edit on 17-11-2011 by Confusion42 because: (no reason given)

Time to RE-re-write the history books!

Ya know, science is always changing, and I can't wait to see a final verdict on this one. Part of me wants to see neutrinos emerge victorious through the skepticism. I don't want Einstein to be made a fool of either, but exceptions to rules always gives that little extra hope to let your imagination ponder that which is regarded as "impossible"

The data is still inconclusive from what said here.

As for Einstein being made to look like a fool, this doesn't cause that. Look at Newton. Newtonian laws worked very well for their time. Einsteins work changed and replace alot of Newton's, however his equations and theories are still applied in various fields. We still regard Newton as one of the greatest minds of all time. . . Relativity works plain and simple. It will continue to work for our purposes even if it is found to be incomplete or completely wrong.

This discovery if proven will change our perception and eventually lead to new tech but for everything we've already done relativity will continue to give successful results.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Tachyon, the God particle.

a curious post I read on another site.
******************************************************************************************
Now the tachyon is a theoretical particle that travels faster than the speed of light. As you may already know, nothing can accelerate and continue to accelerate to light speed or for that matter beyond, the energy required is infinite. But, I believe that faster than light speed IS possible, as long as acceleration is not used, but instead, instantaneous travel is employed i.e. worm holes or some such. A tachyon particle to travel faster than light MUST do so instantaneously. A tachyon particle could theoretically visit every point in the universe at the same time, simply because the time it takes it to reach any point is 0 (instantaneous travel!). So to reach ALL points in space the time would also be 0.

Now let's assume a technology was developed that could in fact detect tachyons. The device would detect countless tachyons in every direction. But those countless tachyons could just as easily be only the 1 (visiting every point in space-apparently at the same time!!). One tachyon particle is all that is required to fill the universe with tachyons. So one tachyon particle could be seen as omnipresent maybe even as God himself touching ALL matter.
**********************************************************************************************

<< 1  2   >>

join