It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-INDIVIDUALS: Capture of Osama Bin Laden, Coming Soon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
According to counter-terrorism officials, with 75% of Al-Qaida senior leadership eliminated, the capture of Bin Laden is coming soon. President Bush has stated that the arrest of Bin Laden is "guaranteed." The time frame of Osama's capture could be today or it could be a month from now, but he will be captured.

armytimes.com
ISLAMABAD, Sept. 3 A U.S. counterterrorism official said here Friday that nearly 75 percent of the al-Qaida terror networks senior leadership has been eliminated and the capture of its fugitive chief, Osama bin Laden, is closer than ever.

Cofer Black, U.S. State Department coordinator for counterterrorism, told a select group of journalists that the arrests of hundreds of al-Qaida activists and members of its top hierarchy by Pakistan have brought the arrest of bin Laden closer.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Cofer Black, U.S. State Department coordinator for counterterrorism, and a former CIA agent, also believes that the elimination of the top ranking Al-Qaida members is also bringing us closer to the capture of Bin Laden.

It was recently believed that the United States placed the responsibility of Bin Laden's capture on Islamabad, however, Black claims that these accusations are false, that the United States gave no tasks to Pakistan.

President Gen. Pervez Musharraf and members of the Pakistani government have been applauded for their role in the capture and elimination of major known terrorists.

According to the article, the capture of Bin Laden will be very soon.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
pfffff........ $50 says hell still be at large after the election

[edit on 9/3/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Occurs bin-laden is going to show up right before elections I will say by November first he will all over the news.

I just had a conversation with a friend that assured me that bin-laden well being has been known for quite some time now.

This is the result of my opinion after a conversation.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
How Conveeeeeeenient. Who could be responsible for finding Bin Laden 60 days before the election? Could it be.... SATAN?

I have a bet with some friends that he will be pulled out of a cave just in time for a good media spin before the elections.

Funny that Bush didn't mention him during his speech at the RNC, and now we can find him "any day now."

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is reminesent of a story from either December of last year or January of this. The army was saying that the would get him within a month. Shortly after that month was over, and they didn't have him. The story went away.

In January there was a rumor that he was captured in SE Iran by US Special Forces. The news of his capture was not released because of the tense political situation it would have caused to admit that US troops were on the ground in Iran.

He will be captured or killed, of that I am sure. But will it be an orchestrated thing to help GWB get re-elected?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
That is what I was thinking, just in time for the elections. Just out him already and get it over with.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You know what one of my first comments was on the RNC?

"Man, this is so bad, they don't even bother to display and explain a decent agenda for the next 4 years. The only thing I'm seeing is hatred and Democrat bashing going on. Some small notions are made of plans but the majority is bash bash bash god god god and hate hate hate.

This "almost" (read more as in confirmation of long lasting suspicion) makes me think they have an ACE up their sleeve ready to deploy with wich they'll prolly be able to win the election. HERE COMES OSAMA"

Now what happens a day later, announcements are poping up about Osama prolly being caught soon :@

What I was thinking yesterday has been thoroughly discussed on the net for a few months now too. So many people were convinced the only way Bush could win was by martial law (thanks to another terrorist attack) or by surfacing Osama right before the elections.

Now the real question comes, will we believe they just caught him? Will we believe hes been in captivity(or has been freely staying in custody) for some time now and surfaced specialy for the election? Is it all a big coincidence if he pops up out of his rabbit hole right before the elections?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I always knew this and said this during 2002. September will pass by, October will pass by, but on Halloween, American's biggest bogeyman will be presented to the gullible American public on video, in a Saddam-like fashion, therefore allowing Bush to say, "I told ya, we smoked him out. Now go vote for me, or you become the next terrorist on my list," therefore clinching the election, and continuing his "war on terror" in a Hitleresque fashion as our Army marches through the Mideast conquering country after country, and breaking the American economy in the process.

After all this, the war criminals that run our country will take their ill-gotten gains and live long, rich lives, while the Americans enjoy the new police state that has been created for them. In the atmosphere of fear, the two party system will put forth Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton, trapping the American public in a pointless battle of idiot vs. idiot. And not long after that, George P. Bush will no doubt be up for bat.

All I have to say, while I believe in the US Armed Forces...we can't win every war. We haven't won every war in the past, and there is no reason to believe that we will always win in the future.

So come next year, when the Bush regime marches on to Tehran, and Damascus, the real terrorism will begin.

America, we ain't seen nothing yet.

God help us.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have serious reservation as to OBL indeed being alive. The latest Osama sightings have him as the "boogie-man" within/in children's bedtime stories. The "impending" or eventual capture of OBL has been of talk for many months....I guess this is or may be nothing more than continual stroking of the so-called 'liberal fires'...or maybe simply confirming Madeline's "Bush's October Surprise" thoery.

I have mentioned it many times on this board....I believe that OBL is buried in a cave within Tora Bora (ie: dead).

Here's a thought though: would this "impending" capture, if factually correct, be considered Bush's 'fault' also?

seekerof

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well the person I had the conversation with, told me that certain special forces has been taking care of his well being, after all he does need special care.

And is my opinion after a conversation I can not guarantee is real or true.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
In my opinion, now would be the time to bring out Bin Laden. There are only two months to the election and it is still too close to call. Bringing OBL out only a couple of days or weeks before the election would be seen as too much of a political ploy to work (as seen by the many posts on this website). It we had him, it would benefit the current administration to bring him out now. Unless, we are keeping news of this silent to try and get more info and not tip of other members. I find this highly unlikely as we (the US) have proven we can't wait to disclose the capture of an operative (even if it jeopardizes a sting).

[edit on 3-9-2004 by dcgolf]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
In my opinion, now would be the time to bring out Bin Laden. There are only two months to the election and it is still too close to call. Bringing OBL out only a couple of days or weeks before the election would be seen as too much of a political ploy to work (as seen by the many posts on this website). It we had him, it would benefit the current administration to bring him out now. Unless, we are keeping news of this silent to try and get more info and not tip of other members. I find this highly unlikely as the we (the US) have proven we can't wait to disclose the capture of an operative (even if it jeopardizes a sting).

Look at Iraq, then look at your statement.
Do you really think the average people won't be suckered by the short notice surfacing of Osama?

Alot of people on ATS would see that as fishy, but the general Citizen doesn't see further then what the T.eVil. tells them.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It's strange how when you keep track of Bush's "doings" these strange coincidental things always occur. Always at the right time too. Let's wait and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
You just gave the perfect reasoning....

Our officials:
"Due to America's security interests, we couldn't release information about his capture until now. But we have unfoiled a grave WMD attack on our homeland, and have captured Al-Qaeda's #!! Ladies and Gentleman, George W. Bush will lead us in the War on Terror better than anyone else has before!!! 4 MORE YEARS, 4 MORE YEARS, 4 MORE YEARS!!"

Our general public:
"Thank God we have George W. Bush as President. Look how safe he is keeping us. John Kerry is a communist and hates America. He went to Vietnam 35 years ago and shot himself to get medals so he could run for President in 2004 on the issue of National Security. What a disingenuous punk!! I support all the men and women of the Armed Forces, except John Kerry! George W. Bush served honorably in the National Guard, and Dick Cheney was trying to keep his grades up, so he couldn't go, but I am sure he would have, and he would have been a way better soldier than John Kerry. Thank God For George W. Bush..4 MORE YEARS 4 MORE YEARS!!!"

I actually heard a C-Span caller say:
"I know the economy is in trouble. I lost my job, and have to take care of my daughter full time now. My husband lost his job and is having trouble finding a new one. But I want my children to be safe, so I'm supporting our current Commander-in-Chief."

I just thought to myself, this woman's life is falling apart, but she is so terrified into thinking that Bush is the only person capable of protecting this country, that she is sacrificing her economic well-being for the myth that George Bush is protecting us.

How sad our country has become.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

In my opinion, now would be the time to bring out Bin Laden. There are only two months to the election and it is still too close to call. Bringing OBL out only a couple of days or weeks before the election would be seen as too much of a political ploy to work (as seen by the many posts on this website). It we had him, it would benefit the current administration to bring him out now. Unless, we are keeping news of this silent to try and get more info and not tip of other members. I find this highly unlikely as the we (the US) have proven we can't wait to disclose the capture of an operative (even if it jeopardizes a sting).

Look at Iraq, then look at your statement.
Do you really think the average people won't be suckered by the short notice surfacing of Osama?

Alot of people on ATS would see that as fishy, but the general Citizen doesn't see further then what the T.eVil. tells them.

I'm not sure what you mean by look at Iraq. If Bush were looking for a boost, we wouldn't have announced the capture of Sadam until later or we would have "found" WMD's by now.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Maybe we could airdrop some of those WMDs that we seemed to have sold to everyone back in the day, and then "find" them.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
What I mean is that the method used to persuade the people of the US to go to Iraq was the by media overhyped and by now proven, false claims of WMD's.

We were already suckered into going to Iraq, with just fake intel reports. What impact would Osama Bin Laden being put on show on television have?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
What I mean is that the method used to persuade the people of the US to go to Iraq was the by media overhyped and by now proven, false claims of WMD's.

We were already suckered into going to Iraq, with just fake intel reports. What impact would Osama Bin Laden being put on show on television have?

Thanks, I understand now. Is it possible that by now the American people, and for that matter the world, would be a little more skeptical of the timing of a release right before the election?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Thanks, I understand now. Is it possible that by now the American people, and for that matter the world, would be a little more skeptical of the timing of a release right before the election?

We can only hope they have. European people in general didn't buy into the WMD threat. Resulting in over 10 million people in nearly every big city in Europe holding protest marches.

Lets hope the wierd coincidences and events of the last 3 years have waken up enough people to let them not be caught up in this trap again.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I would hope the American public would be smart enough t osmell a rat, but I am not confident of that.

There's no IQ test that goes with voter registration.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join