It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS Reporter clotheslined by police officer at Cain campaign stop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I wonder if he was upset about the short air time Ron Paul got at the last debate. That was the 2nd shot taken at that particular reporter.
www.nationaljournal.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
That'll teach her to go running around and close to national candidates without clearly displaying her credentials. The article says she didn't have them showing. Simply having a video camera isn't enough.

I'd also note the Taliban have now committed two assassinations by people posing as journalists and using cameras. It isn't necessarily even a good thing to be seen running around with one and not showing the ID cards for the press. Live and learn.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Boy, these police when they get confronted act like high school jocks who had their ego hurt. This officer acts like a little kid at the end.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well the reporters won't have to worry about the security detail because after tonight he will be protected by the secret service. Nice to see even more of our tax dollars being wasted. He is getting millions in campaign contributions let him pay for his own security. Cain will receive Secret Service protection

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
so a plainclothes officer displaying no credentials attacks a reporter for doing the same thing?

i love america.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
so a plainclothes officer displaying no credentials attacks a reporter for doing the same thing?

i love america.

The difference is that the cop is known to all other security and police who need to know such things and prevent an incident just like this. The reporter just has a camera with a network sticker on the side without that ID card she's issued to avoid exactly this confusion. Ooops... Her bad.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i think wearing a uniform avoids even more confusion if thats what youre after.

what if someone came over to defend the woman and tried to beat up the police officer?
would the "not displaying credentials, could have been a terrorist" argument work for them?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
That'll teach her to go running around and close to national candidates without clearly displaying her credentials. The article says she didn't have them showing. Simply having a video camera isn't enough.

It is not against the law to be seen with a camera, without press credentials.

Did you know press credentials are not state or federally issued? they are issued by the media company.
I had my own Media ID when I wrote for my own magazine.
Very legal.
Press passes for individual events are sometimes issued by the city, however.
Lack of an ID only should warrant a question, not assault.
The cop ASSUMED the reporter MIGHT be suspicious.
His assumption flies in the face of liberty, and was in fact 100% wrong.

I'd also note the Taliban have now committed two assassinations by people posing as journalists and using cameras. It isn't necessarily even a good thing to be seen running around with one and not showing the ID cards for the press. Live and learn.

Source please...otherwise id didn't happen

i love america.

The difference is that the cop is known to all other security and police who need to know such things and prevent an incident just like this. The reporter just has a camera with a network sticker on the side without that ID card she's issued to avoid exactly this confusion. Ooops... Her bad.

Cops are not abpove the law, nor are they immune to legal action for their stupidity.
a question would have solved the issue.
Camera? check.
CBS Logo on very expensive camera? Check.
CBS on approved media list? Check.
Her name on said list? Check.
Cop doing his job and verifying all this info?..Not a chance.

The lack of professionalism shown is sickening, but sadly par for the course.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

what if someone came over to defend the woman and tried to beat up the police officer?
would the "not displaying credentials, could have been a terrorist" argument work for them?

I'm sure a Uniform does clear up all confusion. The bad guys know exactly who to avoid or sneak around without being seen. Hence.. Undercover police mixing in and out of the crowd no one knows to avoid.

Why work so hard finding ways to blame the cop and excuse a reporter who was violating the rules of her access to the area and got caught? I'm sure the cop didn't enjoy hyper-extending his arm, which is part of what happened.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
According to the cop she ran into his arm.

So obviously its all her fault for being a dainty little woman.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I'm sure a Uniform does clear up all confusion. The bad guys know exactly who to avoid or sneak around without being seen. Hence.. Undercover police mixing in and out of the crowd no one knows to avoid.

Why work so hard finding ways to blame the cop and excuse a reporter who was violating the rules of her access to the area and got caught? I'm sure the cop didn't enjoy hyper-extending his arm, which is part of what happened.

yeah i know why they do it, but its still a funny situation, you have to admit that.
im not working hard at all. im just pointing out what seems obvious to me because i happen to find it amusing.
why do you care what i choose to talk about?
im not forcing you to defend the police or anything. calm down.
you sound like youre working hard to blame the reporter.. saying she was "violating the rules" and "got caught" as if she intentionally hid her press pass for some nefarious reason and deserved to get knocked down.
dont be silly.

he hyper-extended his arm? ohhhh.. poor baby.
maybe he should get a different job then?
please.
edit on 17-11-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
here, ill get serious for a moment and give you a dose of common sense.

if some guy in a thick coat in the middle of summer comes running over screaming something in arabic, by all means, tackle him uniform or not.
if a small woman holding a microphone next to a guy with a camera comes running over, have an officer in a uniform yell at her and have her provide her identification.

the plainclothes guys should remain undercover in places they will be of actual use, milling around in the crowd. wondering around the building at weak spots, whatever.
the officers in uniform should be stationed around the person/place they are supposed to protect, clearly visible and intimidating. the last line of defense.

makes a hell of a lot more sense than mixing them all up and causing BS like this to happen.

plain clothes guys SHOULD NOT be acting like on duty officers, it totally defeats the purpose of being in plain clothes.
edit on 17-11-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Maybe she will learn her lesson and stop covering Cain at all. If thats how people are treated giving him media attention for his campaign everyone beware. Of course not only has he proven his is nothing more than an arrogant flim flam man. He is showing people he is not a very bright one. His latest tactic is try to get a war criminal Henry Kissenger to take a cabinet post, Aside from the fact that Kissinger has warrants on him. He would also have to come down from his Ivory tower of importance. Cain actually thinks he would work for him? Talk about full of himself.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

If she's been covering the story she should have been more prudent in her credentials. She knew he had been rushed by overzealous supporters before. They didn't kill her, just stopped her until they knew she wasn't a threat.

"Hyper extended" is double talk for, this part is sore. Wah? A sore elbow, big whoop. Walk it off, and wear your ID next time.

top topics

join