It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwaitis show the 99% how to do it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Time to learn, newbies in America.

Kuwaitis Storm Parliament

Thousands of Kuwaitis stormed parliament after police and elite forces beat up protesters marching on the prime minister's home to demand is resignation.

Time to man up, 99%ers. Stop occupying worthless sites and storm the White House, congress, Camp David, the Pentagon, the big banks, the stock market, the states capitols.

Occupying a park won't do squat.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
then if people do that that there will be an order for police and troops to shoot any protesters on sight- shoot to kill
edit on 17-11-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
then if people do that that there will be an order for police and troops to shoot any protesters on sight- shoot to kill

Then let it happen if it has to happen. They do that, cops and soldiers are gonna be shot at, there will be lots of defections and soldiers/cops turning against the government.

I pray they are stupid enough to do that.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

then things will spiral out of control either a French revolution style chaos or even a civil war

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

That... would be a very bad idea. Openly murdering protesters would crack this can of worms wide open.

I doubt (and sincerely hope) they would never go so far. They know the people are armed as well, and no one in power wants to start a new civil war.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

but put yourself in the shoes of the congressman if a mob of people are starting to storm the Capitol while your inside the building what would you do? In desperate times a person would do stupid things

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
well if they try to occupy a military base (isnt that what camp david is?) or "storm the whitehouse" you better belive they will get there asses shot and i dont think too many people would be suprised when it happens. as to the banks sure thats much safer and sane idea then storming the white house or military instilation,hell the people that stormed the isralie embassy were lucky they were not shot by the idf security (diplomatic immunity and such) i wouldnt advocate trying to get a bunch of people to storm the white house or carry out other violent acts as there is a diffrence between shooting peacefull protestors sitting down and not being violent compared to mowing down a bunch of idiots trying to climb over the white house fence

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Exactly!!!! Zuccotti Park won't do anything. They need to walk to DC! haha

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hmmm....One side says "Peaceful gatherings/protest won't work!!!" and the other says "Ghandi did it in India we can too!!!" Hmmm.....maybe we should all gather at the White House and yell our asses off at them. Just one massive roar. Yes? No?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

one problem what if some idiot decides to hijack the protest just like what happens in g20

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Kuwaiti's have it rough maybe they should topple their government.

Snippet from news source:

In January, Kuwait's emir, Sheik Sabah Al Ahmed Al Sabah, ordered 1,000 dinar ($3,559) grants and free food coupons for every Kuwaiti. Those handouts have been since dwarfed by other Gulf rulers trying to use their riches to dampen calls for political reform. Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah has pledged about $93 billion for more government sector jobs and services. Last month, Qatar announced pay and benefit hikes of 60 percent for public employees and up to 120 percent for some military officers.

Kuwaitis are used to a cradle-to-grave social security system that has increasingly become a burden on the government.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 17-11-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i doubt soldiers will start to shoot civilians, that just goes against what they stand for. I can see cops doing it but, not a soldier. I agree with the OP.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
i doubt soldiers will start to shoot civilians, that just goes against what they stand for. [...]

Right, that's why the number of dead civilians in the Middle East is zero.

Unfortunately, many soldiers will do the government's bidding without questioning it, no matter how unfair or immoral it might be. It happens every day, all over the world.
What makes you think it's going to be different in the US?

top topics

join