It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill would make wearing masks during riots a crime

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Why doesn't someone do something about this Bill dude? I mean, we got Osama so why can't anyone find Bill and take him out?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
I guess that will jepordise all the provacatuers. Most Provacatuers hide there face with a bandanna, mask, or shades to hide their identity..

Masks are for cowards. There is nothing more that can be said.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Seems a bit silly if you ask me . Seeing how people taking part in a riot rarely get arrested for burning cars , looting shops or beating other people , but wear a mask , then your realy going to have to pay ?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I disagree, and point that it is a general, sweeping statement.

Masks may be for cowards. Or they may be for someone with something to lose. Take me, for example. Do i want to lose my job that allows me to barely cling to what used to be the middle class American dream? No, I can't say that I do. But if a mask will allow me to speak my voice, without risk of losing my livelyhood in some massive political sweep, then THAT is what freedom is all about.

ETA: Our screen names are our masks, too. It allows us to speak anonymously in ways that we likely would not be willing to stand up in church and say. Some may call it bravery to decry child molesting in the middle of Sunday mass. Others call it disrespectful and stupid.

So one man's "coward" is another mans respectful, intelligent person.

And this is even in real life every day situations. We often hide our true feelings on things. If someone wants to say that don't, then i will point out that they are likely insufferable a-holes Of course, I am not calling anyone that, so as to not be misunderstood. My point is, you hide your true feelings/opinions all the time. You wear a mask that everyone knows as you. The real you, however, is only known to you, maybe to some degree your spouse. If not, then you are a very unusual person.

edit on 17-11-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
How will this affect the agents provocateurs that the police send in to start the riot in the first place?

Will they be let off the hook like most cops that break laws?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

I sure hope that the kind of mask I have to wear doesn't count...

www.icanbreathe.com...
I am allergic to perfumes,scented candles,air fresheners and
I'm sure that would include tear gas and pepper spray!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
most people know i'm a serious privacy advocate

But i'm not sure if i'm completely against this

Why wear a mask during a riot though?
But why isn't the answer, your right is your right.. sure I agree

I guess i'm on the fence in this
But if I think more I guess i would say I would be pro this in a better world
however in a world where questioning authority is becoming increasingly relevant like today I guess i'm not

However I would prefer Gandhi masks instead of Guy Fawkes
If your protest is truly non-violent why not have Gandhi instead of someone who blew up parliament?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Absurd. A riot is not a protest. A riot is wanton violence and civil disruption and as such, anyone participating in one has committed a crime and should be arrested. You should not be able to participate in a riot.

This is PC nonsense. Afraid to deal with the lawlessness of the riot, they now want to be able to get at the folks who are committing serious crimes within the group of folks, all of whom are committing crimes.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'd be okay with a ban on Guy Fawkes masks... So sick of it... go watch V for Vendetta again... Wear your mask while doing it... Comic-Con has been unbearable since this started.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
don't wear a mask
come as a caveman
www.costumecraze.com...

or come as Jesus.
www.costumecraze.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There are no official laws over our heads but common law and virtues. And those are soul development and agreed upon.

I do not empower any mcdonalds employee public servant to enforce prison terms on anyone that is not a murderer, and not self defense, defense of another, freaknig and acting temporarily insane because you're witnessing brutality, or any normal human emotions, they just need counseling. And not the battered wife syndrome which is self defense for women. Oh, and all corruption on high levels and crimes against humanity need house arrest or jail. So there is small use prisons for Canada, mostly high levels officials need to see the insides of them.

They'd have to kill me, I won't allow nazi fascists bullies to harm anyone in my family. I will not obey any corrupt laws. Its really time to get their butts into reviews. And I want their rule book in front of me to analyze in full. Most of it is crimes against humanity. Not that you'll see me in any riots. However, I don't give them any rights over people. They don't have them written in stone and we're not slaves with stupid stamped on our forheads. They don't need other elites opinions, they need mine, ours, and our chidlrens. And quite frankly if a majority are nuts and agree with their corruption then I denounce and renounce all of it. I still walk free. I am free.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Another thing, Mr. Harper and your stoogies, and all elected stoogies. I denounce and renounce our political system, all world political systems. They are abusive slavery and crimes against humanity. You have no rights over any of us. Ever. Period. You run pyramid systems. If they're not turned upside down with power to the people, absolute intrinsic equality, the rights of all people to land, resources, food, and collective will of services and whatever they dream of, for advancements, and if even one person is on teh streets or forced into slavery to corporations ITS CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY. I denounce and renounce your system and your actions, and all of their actions in the governments would mean I would seriously be weighing how much courage I have upon sighting you because I would need by righteousness to perform a citizens arrest. I denounce your rule of slavery.
I also renounce and denounce all banks, all realtors, all copyrights and all patents. You guys are arch criminals. Period!!!!

You have to meet with ALL OF US. Anything else is instrinsically illegal on every level of the word. Period. I am so completely fed up with even hearing one more crime. touted in our papers on behalf of you guys, the criminal murderers of humanity. And as for all the nuclear waste in the envirnonment. You guys should be put on trial for what you're doing. Pull out the clean energy and the frequencies/hz that can neutralize and do it the hell now! You guys have nothing over us. You are not the god given managers of this planet, you are not entitled to anything at all. And you are listening to ets or any form of corruption above, they're liars and sinners and renounce them. There is no excuse. Anyone can get it. Why can't you guys?
edit on 17-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by brill

This is PC nonsense. Afraid to deal with the lawlessness of the riot, they now want to be able to get at the folks who are committing serious crimes within the group of folks, all of whom are committing crimes.

Yes but you've got to be able to SEE the people in order to convict. If you're wearing a mask in a riot, you obviously know that you're breaking the law (unless it's for health reasons as previously stated) or you're not going hide your face. So if your friend turns you in, then it's just another way of making you pay somehow. Even IF you didn't do anything serious.

Look how they got Al Capone, not for murder or gang related activities, but for tax evasion. Just another tool used to get someone, whom everyone knows is guilty of something, off the streets.

BTW, I'm not really opposed to this bill either..

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Do gas masks and riot gear count ? Because I think the officers at a riot would be wearing masks as well right ? laws the law, if they can break it so can we. No body is supposed to be above the law, if it comes down to a matter of safety, I think it should be acceptable for civilians to wear gas masks if the officers are and then this law becomes moot really. If there is tear gas, and I'm just an innocent civilian I have just as much right as the officer to wear that gas mask, if not then the officers should be charged as well.. Get my drift ? I wonder how it will play out.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

They don't want you wearing a gas mask cause then it would defeat there use of tear gas on protestors, meaning all those tear gas canisters they purchased from the arms merchants wouldn't work, and they would be out big bucks. For shame. To think a citizen wearing a gas mask to counter effect the tear gas is evil. ::does a face palm:: Am glad I don't live in canada...this reminds me of TPTB taking about the rights of normal citizens to bear arms to protect themselves and the homes. So that only the criminals have guns, and now gas masks, and the police. Sometimes you can't tell which are the criminals from the police or..the politicials..

Hmmm..

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Let me understand this correctly, its okay to riot as long as you are showing your face?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I disagree, and point that it is a general, sweeping statement.
Masks may be for cowards. Or they may be for someone with something to lose.

True, and it is a general sweeping statement. However, my opinion has been somewhat coloured by the hockey riots in Vancouver, and the G20 so-called 'anarchists' in Toronto. Not to mention the riot cops that pull their name tags so they can indulge in illegal shenanigans with anonymous impunity.

There is a law against wearing a disguise during the commission of a crime, is there not? That should suffice, I'd think.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

They just want their Face Recognition system to work properly.

O course they need to know about every body in a police state.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Solution. Full lens gas mask. Your entire face is visible, yet you're still protected against tear gas. I've got one. I suggest everyone else who's a protester does the same. I also use a baseball bat to tape my sign to.... just in case.
We've come to the end of the peaceful portion of this protest, ladies and gents. The system is bleeding. Anyone who hunts will tell you there's nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal. Their tactics are going to get dirtier and more desperate as this movement pushes on. Be vigilant out there.

~FugitiveSoul

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What next ?

Wearing helmet and glasses during riot will be a crime to ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join