It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 9 Ships Near BP's Macondo Well (yes...THAT Well)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Where do you think I am wrong?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's getting to the point where I don't know where to insert my anger or draw my attention to anymore.
On land? (The collapsing economy? Monsanto?)
In the sky? (Chemtrails? Falling satellites? Rocket failures?)
In space? (Gawd know WHAT they're doing up there)
In the water? (GOM, EXXON)

What's left? Are volcanoes still relatively safe??

This doesn't surprise me but it sure incenses me. We never get the truth about anything so it's just mind numbing. Why do we even have a president? Can someone PLEASE explain his role? Thank you!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There is now an Oil leak off the coast of Brazil, said to be around 638 barrels per day,
found that by searching will forward a link when possible.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here's the best source of info on this.. www.onwingsofcare.org... I have to leave for work, I'll reply asap in the morning. Thanks for reading!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The oil will follow lines of weakness in the geology. The leak can travel several horizontal miles from the location of the leak.
In other words, the geology beneath the seafloor is so fractured, with soft and unstable salt formations, that we may never be able to fully kill the well even with relief wells.

Scary. Plus all the other oil and dispersant still sitting out there... somewhere.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Exactly, there should be no drilling in areas so unstable regardless of which company is to do the drilling.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

HumanA....I know what you mean! There are so many things it's hard to focus.....but this caught my attention, because they are gathering near this particular well. They made it seem like they got reports, went out there and inspected with the ROVs....and "all is as it should be"....the oil slicks are still coming from the area, and now all the ships. Like I said, at first I thought it may be a recovery mission for the rig....but the ships and equipment seem to be for a different purpose.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
S&F OP, thank you for bringing the matter into our attention. I have been boycotting BP since the oil spill, and will most certainly continue to do so. Of course that action alone doesn't help, unless it is done by millions of people and for a very long period of time but... Anyway, if BP got a permit to start drilling in the area again, there is not much we can do about it - unfortunately, we can only keep an eye on the situation... Maybe the residents of the area could organize a protest against BP working in the area again or something like that though. I am sure that many environmental causes, like Greenpeace, WWF etc would be more than happy to help, and it has the potential, if done rightly and in an organized manner, to send a very serious message.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

...but this caught my attention, because they are gathering near this particular well. They made it seem like they got reports, went out there and inspected with the ROVs....and "all is as it should be"....the oil slicks are still coming from the area, and now all the ships. Like I said, at first I thought it may be a recovery mission for the rig....but the ships and equipment seem to be for a different purpose.

I think your "feline sense" is working cat. If the cops return to your neighborhood to the same house where last week there was a "disturbance", then you know they are back for the same reason they were there before.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

"Do it better this time"

Okkkkkkkay..

[not towards you at all. just the absurdity of the statement.] I can't believe they got a permit again, this is bs.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I did hear a couple of months back that the sea floor had ruptured near the well head due to the massive pressure build up. We were told at the time of the original incident that this would happen after sometime as the pressure started to take its toll on the surrounding sea floor. I will see if I can dig up the video regarding this. It was suggested that this would happen by a scientist not of the mainstream, i believe he was a scientist who refused to accept one of the massive "pay offs" that BP were involved with to the universities and other establishments.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How many holes can you drill through a salt cap before it loses its integrity and collapses?

I've been keeping an eye on this ever since it started.

I'm still firmly convinced that the oil leaks, as bad as they are, aren't the main concern, it's the methane that worries me:

The deep-sea hydrocarbon discharge resulting from the BP oil well blowout in the northern Gulf of Mexico released large quantities of oil and gaseous hydrocarbons such as methane into the deep ocean. So far, estimates of hydrocarbon discharge have focused on the oil released, and have overlooked the quantity, fate and environmental impact of the gas1. Gaseous hydrocarbons turn over slowly in the deep ocean, and microbial consumption of these gases could have a long-lasting impact on oceanic oxygen levels2. Here, we combine published estimates of the volume of oil released1,3, together with provisional estimates of the oil to gas ratio of the discharged fluid4, to determine the volume of gaseous hydrocarbons discharged during the spill. We estimate that the spill injected up to 500,000 t of gaseous hydrocarbons into the deep ocean and that these gaseous emissions comprised 40% of the total hydrocarbon discharge. Analysis of water around the wellhead revealed discrete layers of dissolved hydrocarbon gases between 1,000 and 1,300m depth; concentrations exceeded background levels by up to 75,000 times. We suggest that microbial consumption of these gases could lead to the extensive and persistent depletion of oxygen in hydrocarbon-enriched waters.

gulfblog.uga.edu... 11.pdf

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

What's left? Are volcanoes still relatively safe??

lol. nope: el hierro

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Imogene72

It's a helpless feeling, but we still need to let BP and ALL of them, know that we have not forgotten and are still watching. I know people get tired of hearing about things after a while...but this is exactly what they are hoping for. I've been pretty busy today, but have a little time before work, so I am going to see if I can find anything more about why they are there again.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Well I just see it like this...

*Oil slicks coming back right next to well

*Boats go out and watch oil bubbling to the surface, collect oil, and tests show it matches Macondo oil

*BP denies it is their well and sends down ROVs, releases the video as "proof" (the video shows that the cap is sitting crooked BTW, maybe from the pressure)

* Oil continues to be seen in the area

* Ships on the scene, along with ROVs at a very expensive daily cost (they don't spend that kind of money for nothing)

All this tells my "feline sense" that there is a RAT nearby!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Well if you find it, please post it....I need to find someone who can find out if the ships are still there....and maybe pics somehow (google earth?) I'm trying to find info....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
At this point they should drill a relief well and make it count. I'd rather have the well producing than leaking into the gulf and slowly killing the entire eastern seaboard.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

You and I both Apacheman....I have said that from the beginning....the methane scares me big time....and the numbers are still sky high. I have some videos I recorded off the live feed from the last few days before they shut the feed down. There were pieces of "refrozen" methane EVERYWHERE....like a blizzard. When the temp gets high near the oil, it melts....I'll post those vids in a few minutes. In the meantime, I saw this on the History channel....
Not fearmongering....but just thought it was interesting. Yikes!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

They already drilled two relief wells....I am thinking that the bulk of what's leaking is coming from AROUND the well...there are craters and fissures all around it.....and yep, I have the pics so it did happen
The seafloor is very damaged around that well.....I'm getting some vids together to show it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join