It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police bloody protester @ occupy wall street

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

A friend of mine posted this video on good old facebook. He does live in New York City, and has been going to the protests, so i can only assume he was the camera operator. At around 2:05 you can see the officers taking turns kicking this protester. Later in the video you can see him laying on the ground with blood in his hair. Then you see blood on the ground. As he is on his feet it leaks down his face. Its a incredibly sad video, and the scene was crazy. The protesters were quite active physically, however I have to give them credit for watching this and applying a heel in not harming the officers. Let me know what you think.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

This is the guy who occupiers knew as Romania, it has been 'rumored' that he died. I do not know and I did see earlier video of him la few minutes after this clip and he was trying to explain in hand gestures about whatever started this problem he had , and then we do not see him anymore.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Please, the visuals in this video are important for all too see, no matter preemptive bias. Lets keep it cordial in here, so that more may get to see it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
this is getting ridiculous... i know its a peaceful protest and all...but come on, i wish they would atleast fightback
its so horrible to watch when everyones standing watching it happen

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Wow. Hopefully they are just rumors. A day where an american dies at the hands of police for applying his freedom of assembly is a very dark place I would not like to see our society go.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The audio is also telling, I knew before I saw the man in the video from having watched the livestream with Tim from the park.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I fear the worst as time draws forward for this movement and it will take many and great sacrifices.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detrucci
this is getting ridiculous... i know its a peaceful protest and all...but come on, i wish they would atleast fightback
its so horrible to watch when everyones standing watching it happen

I know what you mean. I really have to hand it to these OWS folks for not destroying those officers. It helps the cause to show that you can be contrary and not harm the people who would wish to do harm to you or ye brethren.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

When this was happening they locked down Zocotti Park, no one could come in or go out, the police barriers were set up and double zip tied from the video I saw. Seemed nobody really knew what was going on for several minutes.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I've seen all I need to see now of the cowards in blue.

All respect is gone.

Don't tell me about good cops.

Do you hear their voices anywhere?

Peace with cowards such as these is impossible.

Honor and the badge are strangers.

Corruption and abuse are the things they worship.

I'm going to laugh heartily when the mob is at their doors.

as in rome

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Firstly my apologies for my outburst. Sorry.

Secondly - it's a tricky climate we live in. The protesters are us. Every person who has been wronged by the system, every worker who has faced antagonism from corporations.

And the way we get treated? Kicked, beaten and treated like cattle.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
I've seen all I need to see now of the cowards in blue.

All respect is gone.

Don't tell me about good cops.

Do you hear their voices anywhere?

Peace with cowards such as these is impossible.

Honor and the badge are strangers.

Corruption and abuse are the things they worship.

I'm going to laugh heartily when the mob is at their doors.

as in rome

Im right there with you, except on one part. There are some good cops, and some are speaking out and some threads have been started here on ATS. That being said, I know that most police will not wake up in time.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I noticed that it appears, once again as in so many police brutality videos, the officers never attempted to cuff this individual until after beating him senseless. I am in agreement with many here that at some point the people should fight back to protect the life of another person.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is getting ridiculous.
Wouldn't it be cool to have a group of people who could represent both sides and discuss the issues? They could all meet in a big hall and work on the problems in a fair and civilized manner.
We can call them the "congress" or the "senators" or something like that.
I think I'm gonna puke.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Secondly - it's a tricky climate we live in. The protesters are us. Every person who has been wronged by the system, every worker who has faced antagonism from corporations.

Personally, I feel that an outburst was the appropriate response. At least internally, cause in a public forum we need to keep our reputation. Agreed on all other statements.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I disagree. A "good cop" is not one who does not take part in abuses such as these... a good cop is one who would see another officer assault someone and arrest him. They don't do that. They minimize.. they cover.. they enable. They don't deserve respect either.

They can all reap what they sow. I'll do nought but applaud.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Extreme Violator of T and C.... But at least you never got Banned right
.....We all have our own reasons to have little outbursts but this is the time and these are the problems we are facing together..... Hopefully we can all rise to the occasion and avoid using violence or aggression to solve this one otherwise we will be our own undoing....

Peace

edit on 17-11-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
This is getting ridiculous.Wouldn't it be cool to have a group of people who could represent both sides and discuss the issues? They could all meet in a big hall and work on the problems in a fair and civilized manner.
We can call them the "congress" or the "senators" or something like that.

It would be nice if they weren't bribed millions and millions. In broad daylight no less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join