It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Secret Iran Attack Plan: Electronic Warfare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Israel's Secret Iran Attack Plan: Electronic Warfare

www.thedailybeast.com

A U.S. intelligence assessment this summer, described to The Daily Beast by current and former U.S. intelligence officials, concluded that any Israeli attack on hardened nuclear sites in Iran would go far beyond airstrikes from F-15 and F-16 fighter planes and likely include electronic warfare against Iran’s electric grid, Internet, cellphone network, and emergency frequencies for firemen and police officers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ww w.haaretz.com

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Israel is planning to launch an attack on Iran by jamming their radars and turning off their cellular networks during the attack. It probably won't work as well as intended, though, since Iran also uses optical radar systems and doesn't just use cellular networks for communications.

With all this talk about an attack on Iran, when do you guys think it will start? Has anyone had any "dreams" lately that could give us more clues, or any other sources of information or predictions?

www.thedailybeast.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

I think it depends on how this UN vote goes tomorrow.

VIENNA (Reuters) - Major powers closed ranks on Thursday to increase pressure on Iran to address fears about its atomic ambitions, and the U.N. nuclear chief said it was his duty to "alert the world" about suspected Iranian efforts to develop atom bombs.

The six powers involved in diplomacy on Iran -- the United States, Russia, China, France, Britain and Germany -- overcame divisions exposed by a hard-hitting U.N. nuclear report on Iran last week and presented a united front toward Tehran.

They hammered out a joint resolution in intense negotiations and submitted it to the 35-nation board of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), a Vienna-based U.N. body, which is expected to debate and vote on it on Friday.
link

If they go forward with more sanctions this thing will drag out another few months or until Israel decides Iran’s nuclear program has crossed the point of no return. It also depends what affect the increasing covert actions have on Iran’s progress. Tough sanctions plus covert success could defang Iran and set it back another year.

The conspiracy side of me is saying that Obama won’t go into this election without a good war going on (wag the dog) because he knows he will lose on the economy, so the election has to be about ANYTHING but the economy.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
secret ? yeah right the u.s probably drew up the plan for those genocidal psychopaths israel..

They will probably attack when israel feels theyve conned enough stupid westerners into supporting their latest plan for mass murder...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
From where I stand, Israel can not attack without first garnering enough support from the international community. I feel, there may have to be either a shocking discovery (live nukes or the like) OR a false-flag terrorist attack at the behest of Iran.

They are the only two methods I can see that will summon the necessary support to launch an offensive on Iran.

The third option though, is an all out retaliatory strike should Iran make the first move. If you have a look at the last few weeks, I believe it is quite obvious that Israel (and The U.S to a degree) are trying to force a strike from Iran, but Iran aren't being sucked in that easy- I believe they are trying to buy time.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
secret ? yeah right the u.s probably drew up the plan for those genocidal psychopaths israel..

They will probably attack when israel feels theyve conned enough stupid westerners into supporting their latest plan for mass murder...

You are beyond a bigot.

Just because you think something in your sick mind certainly doesn't make it correct.

Israel is one nation; The only Jewish nation. There are so many Islamist nations, with so much land; Yet genocidal psychopaths such as yourself want it all and spit filth from their mouths because... well, that's all you can do.
Sad

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't see any bigotry in that comment, merely an informed observation of the nations PTB which, with not much effort can be proven that yes, in light of evidence easily presented 'genocidal maniacs' is an accurate description.

There are also plenty of Buddhist, Christian etc. nations, so what is your point?

Chill mate, chill.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
I don't see any bigotry in that comment, merely an informed observation of the nations PTB which, with not much effort can be proven that yes, in light of evidence easily presented 'genocidal maniacs' is an accurate description.

There are also plenty of Buddhist, Christian etc. nations, so what is your point?

Chill mate, chill.

You don't see any bigotry in calling Israel genocidal psychopaths??!?!?!
edit on 17-11-2011 by Confusion42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics

Chill mate, chill.

You don't see any bigotry in calling Israel genocidal psychopaths??!?!?!

"Israeli War Crimes Were Daily & Too Numerous To Count"

Names & Photos Of Israeli War Criminals In Gaza

Palestinian Genocide

I don't see it as bigotry and that is the biggest bloody problem with Israel! You can not criticise the Israeli government without being labelled a bigot, anti-Semite whatever.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Israel is trying to protect itself from "being wiped off the map."

And more!

Khamenei told Iranians in July 2010 that he personally met with the Twelfth Imam. He also claimed to be the personal representative of the Mahdi on earth, and said all Muslims must “obey him.” Meanwhile, Western intelligence agencies say he continues to work with Ahmadinejad and the Iranian military to develop nuclear warheads and the ballistic missiles to deliver them. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

You sick people call the whole country of Israel genocidal psychopaths because they are protecting themselves from annihilation?

Islam is so utterly extremist and disturbing to the point where it should be said they should be wiped off the planet. However, most people such as myself would condemn wiping ANY group of people from the planet, INCLUDING their enemies! Only in Islam is where no tolerance is shown.

Just because Islamist nations stone woman to death doesn't mean it can try to "stone" a country to death; If you mess with Israel than your planting your own seeds of destruction.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I find it strange that military tactics and plans are released to the media.
especially a Secret one?
edit on 17-11-2011 by 12voltz because: of the burning heat

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
People seem to either hate Israel, or love them. I guess if You hate them, You are no different than Iran,Syria, etc. My question is ,why?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Because genocidal psychopaths need to have a plan drawn up for them.

I appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate your lack of self-awareness, and my overall superiority.

They are more than capable of taking on that region's military powers with minimal support from foreign governments.

Moreover, Israel is having difficulty justifying the number of multinational civilian casualties that would come from a major offensive against Iran. Sure - Israel is more than capable of taking Iran by the horns and neutralizing much of its industrial capability (preventing them from obtaining nuclear or more complex chemical/biological weapons). . . but it is self-defeating when you look at the end-game. Israel does not have the capacity to occupy and control, and would face severe retaliation from terrorist affiliations and extremists in the region in the wake of such an offensive. They would create an entire nation that would harbor -personal- justification for a hatred of Israel for many generations (lost parents, grandparents, children - and those sentiments would be passed on to offspring for several generations being raised on that history).

This is, basically, why the U.S. hasn't already steamrolled much of the Middle East. From a military standpoint - we can knock that whole region (and then some) back to the stone age (those that aren't there, already). But it's kind of like beating back the tide with a baseball bat - if your goal is to eliminate Terrorism - you can't go around, striking down organized governments/military factions with raw operational efficiency. You've got to go in and aid in restructuring that society into one that, bluntly, doesn't suck and thrive off of warlords and addictive substances.

As for the "secret" being electronic warfare... it hardly counts as a secret. ELINT and EW have been staples of modern military capability since the 60s. Information and control/manipulation of it is, hands-down, the most important aspect of any combat effort. Simply knowing your enemy's tools/weapons and their capabilities gives you a huge advantage (makes it less surprising when an IFV gets hot-dropped out of a C-130 flying balls-to-the-wall overhead - or when the helicopter overhead is able to see your night-time offensive as though it were broad daylight). Going steps further, and knowing what the enemy has at their disposal (and even knowing where it is) turns the tables from blind fighting to raw statistics for you to manipulate. Going further than that - being able to shut down communications and jam a wide array of sensors ... gives you most of the knowledge and your enemy blind, deaf, and dumb.

It probably won't work as well as intended, though, since Iran also uses optical radar systems

Uses... what?

No. Most of their serviceable tech is soviet-era with some domestically produced replacement and modification components.

They may have a few LIDAR installations - that is possible, however, not in any number that will be significant.

and doesn't just use cellular networks for communications.

No country does. However, modern EW capabilities should not be underestimated. It would be negligent for me to get too specific... but it is very difficult to design an electronic system that cannot be jammed and/or fried with a microwave burst.

The "secret" (most overlooked) little factoid is that modern avionics have much more control over the operating modes of an aircraft's radar and peripheral systems - which gives most modern aircraft considerable EW capabilities against anything not specifically designed to resist EW tactics.

Think of modern avionics like your smart-phone. "There's an app for that."

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42

Israel is trying to protect itself from "being wiped off the map."

And more!

Khamenei told Iranians in July 2010 that he personally met with the Twelfth Imam. He also claimed to be the personal representative of the Mahdi on earth, and said all Muslims must “obey him.” Meanwhile, Western intelligence agencies say he continues to work with Ahmadinejad and the Iranian military to develop nuclear warheads and the ballistic missiles to deliver them. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

You sick people call the whole country of Israel genocidal psychopaths because they are protecting themselves from annihilation?

Islam is so utterly extremist and disturbing to the point where it should be said they should be wiped off the planet. However, most people such as myself would condemn wiping ANY group of people from the planet, INCLUDING their enemies! Only in Islam is where no tolerance is shown.

Just because Islamist nations stone woman to death doesn't mean it can try to "stone" a country to death; If you mess with Israel than your planting your own seeds of destruction.

Mate, the fact that you cited Fox as a reference in defence of Israel is now obliging me to cease discussion with you. I'd put money on you jumping off a cliff if Fox said it had reported health benefits.

All the best pal
edit on 17/11/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Confusion42

they're a nation that commits crimes against humanity on a near daily basis. there is no justifying the cold blooded murder of elderly, women and children that israel does nor the atrocities they commit upon them.. their illegal blockade that keeps even basic items from people forcing them to live in near starvation and inhumane living conditions worse than most 3rd world countries. Gaza is the worlds largest concentration camp. The nazi's would be proud of israel. Nothing can ever wash the innocent blood off israeli hands.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I don't see it as bigotry and that is the biggest bloody problem with Israel! You can not criticise the Israeli government without being labelled a bigot, anti-Semite whatever.

You've got some interesting ideas of what it means to criticize.

What are Israel's Theater Rules of Engagement?

What are Israeli soldiers trained to do in a given situation?

Are the cases referenced demonstrating a soldier in violation of their training, and if so, to what degree?

Of the casualties in such situations - what actions led up to the use of force on them?

What has the Israeli military's investigative action been?

To effectively criticize, you must be able to do a few things with each of those questions. First - satisfy the question as factually and completely as possible. Next, you must be able to set a set of criteria as your base-line for comparison to the listed actions (IE - "What do you think the TROE should be? How should soldiers be trained to handle such situations?") Then, you must be able to compare what happened with what you would like to see happen and provide feedback to that end.

Simply spouting off "genocidal maniacs!!!" Doesn't get much done.

Iran is not beyond reproach in this matter, nor are other nations and affiliations in any other situation, for that matter.

Now, before you fly off the handle - what I did was critique your response. Compare that to how you've been responding.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I used FoxNews on purpose.

If YOU get to use biased news sources, than I get to use biased news sources.

If you'd like to now bring un-baised sources for Israel's being genocidal psychopaths I'd like to see it;

Calling people names without throughly examined, independently confirmed proof is horrible; Calling em genocidal psychopaths is just insane.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Mate, the fact that you cited Fox as a reference in defence of Israel is now obliging me to cease discussion with you. I'd put money on you jumping off a cliff if Fox said it had reported health benefits.

So if anyone references ABC, NBC, CBS or any MSM in opposition to Israel should we apply the same logic? We should all listen to both sides and filter the content for ourselves. The media stopped being balanced at least 20+ years ago.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I think it depends on how this UN vote goes tomorrow.

VIENNA (Reuters) - Major powers closed ranks on Thursday to increase pressure on Iran to address fears about its atomic ambitions, and the U.N. nuclear chief said it was his duty to "alert the world" about suspected Iranian efforts to develop atom bombs.

The six powers involved in diplomacy on Iran -- the United States, Russia, China, France, Britain and Germany -- overcame divisions exposed by a hard-hitting U.N. nuclear report on Iran last week and presented a united front toward Tehran.

They hammered out a joint resolution in intense negotiations and submitted it to the 35-nation board of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), a Vienna-based U.N. body, which is expected to debate and vote on it on Friday.
link

Well, it looks like the UN has once again failed to deliver anything that might stop Iran.

But the text - adopted by 32 votes for and two against - omitted any concrete punitive steps, reflecting Russian and Chinese opposition to cornering Iran.

Moscow's and Beijing's reluctance to further punish Iran, a major oil producer, makes clear Western states will have to act on their own if they want to tighten sanctions on the country.

That in turn is likely to disappoint Israel, which has not ruled out military action against its arch-foe if diplomatic means fail to stop a nuclear program which the Jewish state sees as an existential threat.
In Paris, French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said: "If Iran refuses to comply with (its) international obligations ... we shall, along with all our partners, adopt sanctions on an unprecedented scale."

We’ll see if the west moves forward with those “unprecedented” sanctions they’re talking about. The clock is ticking…..Israel is sharpening it’s sword! If they (the west) doesn’t act soon and strongly then the inevitable strike will happen very soon.

edit on 18-11-2011 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Really? Well then ,prove your point.
How many Palestinians Israel "genocided" since 1940s. Expat888 refused to present the numbers,by the way. Since it will really mess with throwing poo at Israel. After all, it is about repeating the lies over and over ,and not facts.
So - what is the number of people Israel killed in 60 years of mutual conflict?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join