It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member Applause: Request

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
intrepid,

I used to enjoy their post, so don't be hasty, I miss Mr.Guillermos too, but he was not as bad as Colonel.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
intrepid,

I used to enjoy their post, so don't be hasty, I miss Mr.Guillermos too, but he was not as bad as Colonel.

Only example I could think of where two mods were SO opposed to each other.

BTW, I like the new avatar.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I�ve gotten 3 applause 2 for Jill St Claire, and 1 for Qrio,
The mods u2ued me, with the name (link) of the thread as well,

[edit on 4-9-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
C'mon guys.
This has been addressed more than once already.

Here's a couple threads on it with plenty of input:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Maybe these applauses don't mean #...

I've been applaused like 2-3 times...What it's supposed to do is make your post bar reder and reder.....Not happening for me yet

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Why do you care so much about gets applauses or not, they are given and good for the ones that received them, and that its not big deal, be happy with your contributions and the responses you get that is enough to show how important your post are.

Exactly, marg.

I got TWATS twice and didn't know who voted for me. I was happy that people thought my contributions worthy of votes and that was enough for me.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I guess that if people did know what members got their applause for then the mods would be getting U2Us left right and centre saying , if they got applause for that then I deserve applause for this etc. It could cause a lot of resentment. I think that as others have said, a positive response in replies from members has got to be worth a thousand applauses, and they are there on show for everyone to see.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Change it:

Call it "the Clap", instead.
It will lose it's desireability.
People will no longer feel bad, that they don't have it.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I had two....it was nice

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It's not about twats duh, it's about seeing what threads got an applause. It's not about vanity like some of you would easily like to spew,
because you just OBVIOUSLY don't READ the whole POST...

Now that I understand, it would just be a hassle because whiny babies would be u2uing the mod's about whether they think they should get an applause too and yes your right that would be ridiculous[some adults just never grow up]...

So I guess just keep it a private thing, i'll keep reading the lame brain threads with lame brain canned responses, and i'll never be able to see the threads that are worth taking a look at...

I love how some people can easily rip an idea apart, thanks for crushing my spirit. yeah I know, the drama of it all..

I just find it abit "stupid" that you can actually click on someone's warning and see what the post was about, but with a good post?

Well I guess we'll never know...

Some people would rather pay attention to the drama and negative responses, but thats how the world works, why pay attention to good ideas or informative worth your while posts... When you can click on the warning button to see someone's "shameful" response...

As a few people in this thread have already proved their ignorance, let's just all swim in the same pool as them, I guess it's better to get more ignorant and lame brained then to actually learn something or at the least appreciate someone's attempt to make this board informative...

I'm done now, let the flames begin... But i'm not responding...

If you argue with an idiot nobody's going to be able to tell who the real idiot is...

I'll end with letting you know I'm a tad disappointed, in this case it's obvious the positive would outweigh the negative but some mods would rather think about the negative and think it a hassle...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join