It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIT think the government started the Tin Foil Hat nonsense?!? WTF?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I know this is an old study but I had not seen this before until this morning... and I was a tad humoured and a tad shocked.

Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals. Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We speculate that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.

They have basically worked out that these TIN FOIL HATS actually act as an antenna and amplifier for government radia signals.... now thats weird!

These paranoid folks with the Tin Foil Hats on may REALY be hearing messages in there heads... but probably due to the effect caused by the helmet itself.

I did a search on this but nothing came up.. and I thought a repost wouldnt hurt as many .. like me .. wouldnt have read this before. Its a fun and interesting 5 min read.

Enjoy!

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Yep.

Faraday cage or something similar is probably the way to go to keep the spooks out of your head & home.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
They can call us what they want but they can NEVER change the fact that we know who flew those planes into those buildings. We know who poisoned our food and water. We know ALL OF IT! They will do whatever they can to discredit the awakened

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Now that sounds a tad more extreme than the old tin foil hat lol....

I wonder how difficult it would be to setup a faraday cage around my home?!?! hmmmmm

Google me thinks! hehe

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

wow, i never thought of that. That's some tricky s@#t!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

i never gave a minute's thought about making a tin foil hat, but i can make a better one than MIT.

just fold as a sail boat.

great post, should be on The Daily Show.
edit on 17-11-2011 by citizen6511 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

It would be very interesting if some evidence of the tin foil/government connection was to surface somewhere in the ether.

I for one would think the MIT's albeit humourous hypothosis may hold more truth that we all think.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

Thanks bro... and yeah.. they are certainly scientists... but they are most definately not fashion designers!!!

Maybe they could have got Gucci involved for design ideas!!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Since tin foil is actually aluminum foil,
which is aluminum,
which is what trailers in trailer parks are made of.....
Are people who live in trailer parks safer than the rest of us?

That must be why they use HARRP
to drive the tornadoes towards the trailer parks.
Those rednecks are a threat to national security,
obviously!!
with all of their consciousness and what-not.
edit on 17/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

Now.. you could be onto something here! lol..

Maybe the government got the contracts running for the construction of aluminium homes in the first place! lmao

Maybe the Hat consipracy runs far deeper than we realise?!?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

I didn't hear anything when I had my Tin Foil Hat/Ensemble on:

ATS Live Studio: Tinfoil Hat Competition **Winner: Whateva69**

This was fun, ATS should make this an annual contest. As a matter of fact...I think I'll post in the B&B ?'s thread with and query other members.

ETA: OP, thanks for the inspiration
edit on 11/17/2011 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

now you my friend are more than welcome

I had no idea ATS had a TFH design comp>!?!?!?!

new topics

top topics

join