It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mind-boggling infographic of all the missions from Earth to Mars, and where they wound up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

A mind-boggling infographic of all the missions from Earth to Mars, and where they wound up

io9.com

The Martian rover Curiosity, also known as the Mars Science Lab, is set to launch in the next few weeks. While you're jumping up and down waiting for us to get a closer look at Mars, you can enjoy looking back through history at all the missions we've launched to the Red Planet — and where they are now.

This infographic was created in 2009 by Brian Crystie Design, a group that has created a number of beautiful science-oriented infographics. When you look at something like this, you realize that humans really aren't going to give up on the dream of going to space any time soon. Look how
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I thought this was incredibly interesting.

This article contains an infographic that details all the missions to mars to date and a few future ones as well.

It's interesting to see how many of the missions have failed to reach the planet. Also interesting that since the 60's we have been sending craft to examine Mars.

I hope you all enjoy.

io9.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
loved mars since i first heard of it.
thanks a lot.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
That infographic was created in 2009. Not really Breaking News

edit on 17-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The article was posted yesterday. Sorry if I didn't look at the date the chart was made.

By Annalee Newitz Nov 16, 2011 4:28 PM

Feel free to move this to the appropriate area if deemed necessary.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Incredibly revealing. I had know idea 90% of all missions failed. Thats certainly not a way to learn much about Mars.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I only know because i saw it yesterday on io9 and was going to post it until i saw the date of the chart

Its still a great image.

edit on 17-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

whoa i never realised we sent up that many! thanks for that interesting bit of info.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
S&F!

Right-click. Saved! for future reference. Too bad we don't have an infographic for missions they haven't told us about. Maybe that will come later.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Interesting, China has not made one successful mission. poor china

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Incredibly revealing. I had know idea 90% of all missions failed. Thats certainly not a way to learn much about Mars.

Totally OT but as a moderator you might want to change your Avatar. I find it incredibly difficult to read your posts as I can't take my eyes off your Avatar...

Is that Kate Winslet? She is just amazing in that pic...

new topics

top topics

join