It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA asks Turkey, TX to change name to Tofurkey...WTH?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This my friends is the reason why vegans kinda scare me. There seems to be a loose wire connection in their brain somewhere (probably from lack of natural human needed minerals and vitamins. Talk about "I Need Attention" my gosh.

They recently released an ad reading, "Kids: If You Wouldn't Eat Your Dog, Why Eat A Turkey?"

In spite of PETA being crazy once again I would like to ask everyone to tell us your favorite Thanksgiving Day Turkey Recipe. I will post my recipe next post.

Story and link:

Welcome to Tofurky, Texas?

As Thanksgiving approaches, PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) has asked the mayor of Turkey, Texas to change the name of his town to "Tofurky," a vegan turkey alternative.

In the letter to Mayor Pat Carson, PETA writes:

In contrast [to Tofurky], virtually all turkey meat sold in the U.S. comes from factory farms, where birds are confined by the thousands to filthy, barren sheds. They are drugged and bred to grow such unnaturally large upper bodies that their legs often become crippled under the weight. These bright and social animals are denied everything that is natural and important to them, and at the slaughterhouse, turkeys are still conscious when their throats are slit.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 17-11-2011 by samlf3rd because: to add a link

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ingredients

1 (18 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
2 cups kosher salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large onions, peeled and chopped
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1 cup dry white wine
Directions

Rub the turkey inside and out with the kosher salt. Place the bird in a large stock pot, and cover with cold water. Place in the refrigerator, and allow the turkey to soak in the salt and water mixture 12 hours, or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Thoroughly rinse the turkey, and discard the brine mixture.
Brush the turkey with 1/2 the melted butter. Place breast side down on a roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan. Stuff the turkey cavity with 1 onion, 1/2 the carrots, 1/2 the celery, 1 sprig of thyme, and the bay leaf. Scatter the remaining vegetables and thyme around the bottom of the roasting pan, and cover with the white wine.
Roast uncovered 3 1/2 to 4 hours in the preheated oven, until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Carefully turn the turkey breast side up about 2/3 through the roasting time, and brush with the remaining butter. Allow the bird to stand about 30 minutes before carving.

Recipe from: allrecipes.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

That is what I love about the U S A.

There will never be a law against "STUPID" !

I would enjoy the opportunity to show PETA just how to treat animals.

At my house if they don't keep moving, they are called groceries.

Short of outright raw, any way you can fix most animals on this planet make them fair game.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Why isn't PETA doing anything about this meat/town?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

That is frikin' hilarious! They're called groceries... It's food what dummies.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
This my friends is the reason why vegans kinda scare me. There seems to be a loose wire connection in their brain somewhere (probably from lack of natural human needed minerals and vitamins.

As a former vegan, and current vegetarian, this kind of makes me laugh. I don't support PETA and didn't choose to eat the way I do because of animals and loving them, but because I ate some bad meat 9 years ago and eating this way just kind of stuck. Don't bunch me in with them

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I'm sure it's on the big target though. Can you imagine all those poor wieners and the earthworms that make them.
Can anyone find a PETA video with an animal attacking the crap out of them?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by haaat

I know a bunch of vegans, they always come back like cigarette smokers they need a slice of heaven.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
1 12 to 12 # turkey
2 bottles of Tony's Jalapeno Butter Injection
2 gallons of Peanut Oil
Propane burner with turkey frying accessories

VERY IMPORTANT: Remove the giblet packet

Inject turkey until new injections start oozing out of the previous holes. Let set in refrigerator overnight.

Preheat oil to 300. SLOWLY lower turkey on stand into oil. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes per pound.

Serve.

Critical prep tip: Put the unprepared turkey in the fry pot. Fill with water until turkey is covered. Remove turkey and mark the water line inside the pot. When adding oil do NOT fill above the mark.

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals.

link   
guess mummy and daddy renovating the basement .. so PETA out seeing how much they can annoy everyone with their idiocy..

Havent had turkey since the 70s .. (its expensive and hard to find over here)

turkey sandwiches were always good..
Dark Rye bread
Turkey
Swiss Cheese
Mustard

good thing its breakfast time over here am hungry now after reading your turkey recipe sounds quite good .. Think will have a nice waterbuffalo steak - rare , scrambled eggs and coffee..

link   

They recently released an ad reading, "Kids: If You Wouldn't Eat Your Dog, Why Eat A Turkey?"

They should go to Asia, they eat dogs there.

PETA are nuts... and they should stick to eating nuts.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Don't know of any of these videos but a couple of years ago there were news stories about how many animals were killed at PETA shelters.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Gawd... y'all are making me hungry... and sleepy at the same time... and for some reason I'm having the urge to watch football all day long and fall alseep on the couch.

No... I wouldn't eat a dog... they probably don't taste very good...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

That sounds amazing, I've never fried one but that sounds well worth it, jalapeno injection, man.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I love turkey sandwiches so much. Pumpernickel bread with some garlic mayo...I'm starvin I feel like John Pinette

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
pho with dog quite good in winter.. Cant eat dog all the time too hot not good for the body if eat too many hot/cold foods at a time have to balance meals...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
PETA actually do a lot more harm than good, I dont like cruelty to animals but these people are total fruitcakes and it makes people want to eat a burger just to stand up to them.

I naturally take the opposite side of whatever they are protesting against now.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have no problem with PETA, I also have no problem with this.

Will this affect any of you in a negative way? It seems like it will, from the responses so far in this thread. The truth is that we need organizations like PETA around in order for animals to have a voice and an organization that stands up for them. There are far too many sick individuals who torture, kill and psychologically abuse animals out of pleasure, and if it were not for organizations like PETA most of these cases would go unreported or ignored.

Don't forget the slaughter houses that kill poor cows and pigs without mercy. They get treated as if they don't feel any pain. They get crushed, skinned and in many cases they are still alive during the process.

Go ahead and continue to call PETA stupid, while you continue to enjoy your nice steak, or fried chicken and continue to forget that a lot of those animals died horrific deaths, and they weren't treated with the respect they very well deserved just because companies wanted to save a few extra bucks.

That's right, we don't need PETA let me enjoy my steak and continue to wear dead animals!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Got to include the obligatory....

People Eating Tasty Animals!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I doubt the good people of the Texas Panhandle are going to let a bunch like PETA tell them what to name their town. It is political correctness gone amok.

In the 1890s, the town was originally called Turkey Roost, for the wild turkeys who roosted on nearby Turkey Creek.

www.tshaonline.org...

They are celebrating the wild turkeys of the area. What is more animal-friendly than that??

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join