It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Hastings to speak at University of Virginia Friday, November 18

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Robert Hastings - UFO Speakers

Date/s:
November 18, 2011
Time:
6:00 p.m.

Description: Robert Hastings has been giving talks on UFO's for decades. He will be speaking about UFO sightings and the government's involvement.
Come out to this FREE event!

Location Wilson Hall 402

Sponsored by Special Events Committee/University Programs Council

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yet another post without any original comment from the poster

Please give us something more than just copy and paste .

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Is there a place where I can just post announcements?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hastings is a fascinating and unique character in the UFO field. He spoke here at Virginia Tech last night (Nov 16), but due to circumstances beyond my control I missed it. My friends tell me it was great.

Hastings hosted a 2010 National Press Club Conference, which was broadcast live on TV(!) He brought up a number of ex-military witnesses to UFO incidents in which UFO's showed up and suddenly nearby underground nuclear missile silos and systems were temporarily shut down, in ways that seemed impossible. Needless to say some of the military guys were quite chagrined by the incidents. This has been going on in the US and Russia from the 60's to this day.

To me these incidents are particularly fascinating as they don't seem to follow the fake alien attack senario that has been rumored to be one of the tactics of the NWO, in order to facilitate a world-wide fascist state.

Here's his website with a video of the 2010 National Press Club Conference:

Robert Hastings

Also his book "UFOs and Nukes:Extraordinary Encounters at Nuclear Weapons Sites" is available on Amazon for less than $8.00 (Kindle only, though there are links to other sites for physical copies). The first chapter can be read for free there if you'd like an introduction.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Videot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Robert Hastings is a confirmed liar and a fraud, and the only reason he's doing this little gig for free is because people are finally starting to realize it...

If you bother to attend, you might ask him for yourself. Of course, he doesn't bother to answer questions, so you'd probably be wasting your time. He prefers the "lecture" as his primary means of communication for that very reason.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Videot

Instead of merely believing everything you're told by these con-artists, you might try doing a little research yourself. Their claims tend to lose credibility pretty quickly once you start trying to confirm their little fairly tales. Hastings, at least, learned something from the fact that others started tracking down some of his witnesses and getting the story directly from them, instead of through him: he's now using anonymous sources!

Like nobody saw that coming...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by James Carlson

Please specify proof for your "proven fraud" case. I see nothing on the web. Hastings has plenty of evidence to back his claims, yet you offer none. And how does it make sense that he is now doing these lectures for free because his case has been disproven? What kind of logic is that?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well, I don't suppose you looked very hard then, did you? Go to www.RealityUncovered.net and reference almost anything having to do with "Echo Flight".

Or you can try using Google -- you are familiar with them, aren't you? They can be quite helpful as well. Go to Google.com and add whatever search terms you want. If you intend to search for proper names, you should use quotation marks, as in "Robert Hastings". This will prevent search results containing only Robert, as in, for instance, sites related to "Robert the Bruce", or search results containing only Hastings, as in "The Battle of Hastings".

If you want to search for exact phrases, do the same thing, as in "Robert Hastings is a fraud." This will also narrow your search significantly. If you want to search for associations, another useful method, you can use words like OR or AND, as in "Robert Hastings" liar OR fraud, which will list all mention of "Robert Hastings" when associated with the words "liar" OR "fraud" (you get 51,000 results using that method, although a combination of the terms, as in "Robert Hastings" liar AND fraud, brings up only 27,800 results).

If you like, I can send you copies of multiple emails from Hastings that contain a number of absolute and easily proven lies. His conduct on and off the internet has been dishonest, highly offensive, and full of outright lies. He refuses point blank to answer any detailed questions in regard to his claims, part of the reason being the very well substantiated fact that his own witnesses in regard to those claims have, on occasion, accused him of lying, taking statements out of context, and refusing entirely to assert the claims of those witnesses, who have insisted repeatedly that no UFO was involved in that incident, no UFO was sited, no UFO was reported, no UFO was investigated, and no UFO was ever thought to be involved by anyone in the chain of command. Even his methods for documenting the transcripts of telephone interviews have shown a deceptive streak, allowing him to hide the actual claims of such witnesses (see www.realityuncovered.net...). No offense, but when his own witnesses consider him a fraud, something is going on, and it has nothing at all to do with honesty on his part. He's even gone so far as to invent a number of medical publications and articles establishing a fictional association between epilepsy and violent mania for no other purpose then to raise the issue of credibility in reference to those who have established claims contrary to his own, and he did so without once refuting, explaining, accounting for, or, in some cases, even acknowledging the evidence defining his dishonesty.

Robert Hastings is a liar and a fraud, and it has been proven ... repeatedly.

join