It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Have A Disorder... According To This. You Do!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Nicely put, When I buy organic, someone... EVERYTIME in line says something along the lines of, " what are you afraid of, hippie?"

I just say to them, don't forget your refills at the Pharmacy.. " oh yeah, thanks mister! I don't want to forget them, I get a lil nuts if i don't take them!"

And...... HERE'S YOUR SIGN!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Good grief. I have been SO anti-doctor since my old doctor put me on thyroid meds about 10 years ago.
I did not research it, just thought it was a temporary thing. wrong.
once you're on it it's almost impossible to get off it.
Normally a mellow quiet person, I have since been put on anti-anxiety.
And 2 years ago when my husband died they added anti-depressants.
I went off everything but the thyroid meds myself. I tried several times going off the thyroid but I get super sick every time. I've even tried natural thyroid meds, to no avail. yet...
It's sad how much americans trust their doctors.
Oh, "Internet addiction disorder" - that one is funny. what med will they come up with for that?
and I think the flu shots this year, well, I don't trust them. don't want one. Seems like they are pushing it way too hard, who knows what's really in that vac?
Bottom line is listen to yourself. you can just say no.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

90% of the disorders in the DSM aren't treated with prescriptions. You are basing your assumptions that all of the things you list will be treated with prescriptions. This isn't the case at all. They won't be giving out pills for internet addiction.

Okay, that's a bit of a relief. Thanks for the clarification. However, could you explain how they determine when a person who is diagnosed with a disorder needs medication prescribed?

Originally posted by AzureSky

I have my own way of self medicating, and it works better than any pharmaceutical will, ever.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate a little clarification on that. Whenever I hear the word "self" immediately followed by "medicating", a red flag goes up and I get an uneasy feeling. Sorry if I seem to pry, but I got a LITTLE concerned when I read that.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

To add to this madness, I got my mother into working out at the local gym and she's weened off many meds and she's thinner, happier, and she's tells me that her doctor says that too much physical workouts and less meds will kill her, and she comes home with two new meds. Then she says how upset he stomach is and how ill she feels, and then stops all here trips to the gym because of feeling sad and worn out. Hmmmmmm? then her doc says to her, "your doing much better"... Son, she says, this will help me, he tell me so..

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

"They are all tremendously well-meaning," Frances says of the DSM-5 task force members, both psychiatrists and psychologists. "They are not doing it because they are in bed with drug companies. What they are totally naïve about is how the things in the book are transformed in actual practice."

The last sentence is not analyzed at all by your article. Allow me to explain it. I have a degree in psychology btw.

90% of the disorders in the DSM aren't treated with prescriptions. You are basing your assumptions that all of the things you list will be treated with prescriptions. This isn't the case at all. They won't be giving out pills for internet addiction.
You aren't going to find any psychologists who think the DSM is perfect. They teach you in college that there are many flaws. But it is an extremely valuable tool for treating very real disorders.

All you do is list the names of some of the disorders being added without saying specifically what they entail, or what the symptoms are. You can't judge the validity of a disorder based on its name alone...

TLDR: You're making a big deal out of something that isn't a big deal. The reality of this situation isn't anything like what you are implying in your post. The OP is extremely misleading.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I agree completely Ghost 375: Though I believe your quote of 90% to perhaps be conservative as I believe closer to perhaps 92-95% are not treated with drugs. Many people also do not understand the difference between a psychologist, and a psychiatrist. Further many would not pick up on the fact that Humanistic Psychology is basically a "holistic" approach to the field. They would naturally consider drugs counter-productive. As such they like so many others in various medical fields are somewhat biased toward their own expertise of study.
Everyone needs to read your response and if concerned about this should do their own in depth research.
Nice Post....
DH
edit on 17-11-2011 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If you haven't seen PSYCHIATRY: AN INDUSTRY OF DEATH, it's a must-see. The information is awesome. Don't shoot the messenger. The message is good.

The psychiatric industry may have a plan. It turns out that some psychiatric drugs cause mental illness! What a money maker. Everything in their diagnostic manual is treatable by a drug.
edit on 17/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

A degree as well for me, I would put any ridiculous amount down saying that your closed mindedness is wrong, I can damn near guarantee that a internet addiction reducer pill will be available over the counter by the next two years, to keep your job career alive, puke!! if not, another failing college grad searching for long time employment will to keep his pension growing! so when your out of a job what next, just a thought?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EPH612

Okay, that's a bit of a relief. Thanks for the clarification. However, could you explain how they determine when a person who is diagnosed with a disorder needs medication prescribed?

Originally posted by AzureSky

I have my own way of self medicating, and it works better than any pharmaceutical will, ever.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate a little clarification on that. Whenever I hear the word "self" immediately followed by "medicating", a red flag goes up and I get an uneasy feeling. Sorry if I seem to pry, but I got a LITTLE concerned when I read that.

I think it is against the T&C,
But.
Marijuana, I will go no further than the name, as i do not want to get in trouble here. But nothing to be concerned about, if i could freely talk about it here i would give everyone a wealth of information about it, but since i cant, you can just message me if you would like to know more.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Well,it looks like I might have a problem or two.I am
addicted to the internet[ATS] and I have problems with
my memory.I can verify that I do have a brain,I just had
a cat scan the other night.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
RainbeauBleu - thankfully you posted a link to the psychiatry movie. In parts it is tough to watch but I persevered and learned a lot.

Other research disturbs me with regard to grief and the grieving process. Psychiatrists want to list grief as a mental disorder - if you are grieving beyond (I think) three months then - that's it - you are not mentally well. So, let's consider your Child has died or your life partner has died and you are still feeling the effects of grief for more than three months - onto some medication for you!

It is insane. When are people going to wake up and see what is happening? I hope it is soon.

I recommend to anyone reading through this thread to watch Psychiatry:Industry of Death.
I also recommend The Wayseer Manifesto - there is a direct reference to disorders...very apt!

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

WELL YOU SHOULD GET A MRI, EKG, ETC..... YOUR STILL NOT WELL, CAN YOU COME IN ON MONDAY??

They have to pay for the tools to fix you, feel sorry that they pay billions in tech to help you some how.

Well there are organic, hehehe, ways to help but I will be banished from this site if I go into details for caring and loving your life, my friend. good luck

Much love

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Okay my last reply on this topic

EQUALLIBRIUM people, watch it!! if they control your thought process, and emotions, you WILL NOT have anymore control of yourself, EVER. banks and pharmacuticals companies our part of the biggest profit scams in the world, grow your gardens, veggies and whatnot but be prepared to serve time in jail!!! No Joke! I saw somewhere that a lady was arrested or garden destoryed on her property for, well i don't remember, but its a start for the PTB. just a thought

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5

Other research disturbs me with regard to grief and the grieving process. Psychiatrists want to list grief as a mental disorder - if you are grieving beyond (I think) three months then - that's it - you are not mentally well. So, let's consider your Child has died or your life partner has died and you are still feeling the effects of grief for more than three months - onto some medication for you!

I agree. I lost my husband august 2009. I still cry. who's to say when I should stop grieving? To each his/her own. He left this world at the age of 46, way too young.

and to the OP, yes, I've considered something physical like working out. It's got to stimulate endorphines. I've never been very physically active but it's got to be better than the meds and lurking on ATS all evening...

edit on 17-11-2011 by horseplay because: oops didn't mean to put my comments in the quote.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Nice Attack. Love your wording. HMMM time for a beer.
DH

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Touche, I'm just keeping it in perspective, (Keeping it real). I have three degrees, yet no employment, mostly work cash in my trade just to stay afloat, but when you have love in your heart and you can be anywhere and make it. I have SO MANY FRIENDS with degrees up the waazooo PHD's, Masters, and they have been working years at Best buy, wally world, McD's, etc paying off their $100,000-350,000 bills to wells fargo and others waiting to be judges, lawerys, blah, blah, blah... Some leave the country to get a job( surprising?) The only reason they are not employed, is because they will not sign over their souls.

My friend just left the Pharmacy to have a job at the local walmart to stock shelves because of what Geenva woods wanted her to do. No details, I wish, but I promise you I would be banished from this site if I told you, no nice or easy way to say it, most four letter words cannot be used in others, like I have said, I'M BLUNT AND TO THE POINT. She left because she couldn't do certain things to her family and friends which was stressed by her employers, DISGUSTING!

edit on 17-11-2011 by AK907ICECOLD because: Corrected spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You guys are making it sound like there are mandatory psychiatric tests, and if you are diagnosed with one of these made up disorders you are forced to take drugs. Don't you sort of have to go ASK the quacks to diagnose and prescribe you? So you are pretty much doing it to yourself and your kids. Or is it really full on Brave New World already? Take your SOMA, it will fix you right up.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

well in some cases here in the fine state of AK, its legal drugs or jail, or mental insti.... yadayada.... I will tell you now, I'm pretty sure you'd be happy to digest whatever before your mates with Bubba, Just a thought

Blue pill or the red???? too many choices, tell me Doc, which one, your prescribing them?!?!?!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD

Touche, I'm just keeping it in perspective, (Keeping it real). I have three degrees, yet no employment, mostly work cash in my trade just to stay afloat, but when you have love in your heart and you can be anywhere and make it. I have SO MANY FRIENDS with degrees up the waazooo PHD's, Masters, and they have been working years at Best buy, wally world, McD's, etc paying off their $100,000-350,000 bills to wells fargo and others waiting to be judges, lawerys, blah, blah, blah... Some leave the country to get a job( surprising?) The only reason they are not employed, is because they will not sign over their souls.

My friend just left the Pharmacy to have a job at the local walmart to stock shelves because of what Geenva woods wanted her to do. No details, I wish, but I promise you I would be banished from this site if I told you, no nice or easy way to say it, most four letter words cannot be used in others, like I have said, I'M BLUNT AND TO THE POINT. She left because she couldn't do certain things to her family and friends which was stressed by her employers, DISGUSTING!

edit on 17-11-2011 by AK907ICECOLD because: Corrected spelling

You have just received a star for total honesty. most excellent!

I only stated my education to support my comment. Nothing more. However you need to be aware.
Your friend has done the right thing. Because of what I do I truly suspect and I know your friends dilemma.
I am near retirement now and have worked so many years it is devastating for me to see America going down the tubes so quickly. The way the world is going now there is only one thing that can protect you and your friends and you already stated what it is that is needed..you said.....
..."but when you have love in your heart you can be anywhere and make it."
Hang in there, You already have that love because you have seen your friends' pain. You will make it.

Nice post...DH

edit on 17-11-2011 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

You also have my respect Sir.

I quit college because of being my own boss, I make more as a honest person, which is not much compared to the corrupt. They would kill me if I got in, for real! I make more now than if I would have finished my degree 10 years in, sick, huh?.. BTW, Somehow I wonder, how I do make it? for the last ten years, I am just a meal or $20 away from losing everything (materialistic) and being on the streets, I have been homeless countless times. I'm not kidding when I say "home is where the heart is." I'd rather be somewhere warmer though, Alaska is not one to bend for you.

Thank you so much for your reply, heartfelt

Sadly most here won't see what's really going on

God Bless you in your travels and search for ...........

Much Love

edit on 17-11-2011 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I believe it would be a huge improvement if GPs were not allowed to prescribe any mental medication.

They don't understand it, aren't doing proper follow-up, know nothing about dosing. They're just in a hurry to rush the weeping patient out & bring in the next one.

How many of those "1 in 5" or "1 in 4" were prescribed by a GP who was just in a hurry to get rid of them?

Medications should be divided, and ONLY psychiatrists should be able to prescribe mind-altering drugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join