It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning? Financial collapse possible within days says Willem Buiter.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I do not have the translated news yet , however the video is in English:

www.capital.ro...

CityGroup economist is warning , a possible collapse of the Euro zone and the N.American banking system could be possible in weeks or even days.

Video link (english) :
Video

Quite interesting, the people trying to tell us we are out of recession, are now warning for a proper collapse? Then what ? Is there any intention in all this? A lot of questions, not to many answers..

edit on 17-11-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have heard this as many times now as the world is going to end, nt saying anything about you.
Im just getting tired of it now anyone else?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Please can we not have a ten page anti-end of the world argument? That's what I'm getting tired of reading. Noone is claiming it is the end of the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Lol , then I have good news for you : the world is not going to end. Just very likely or convention called banking system could take a big hit. The thing is, conspiracy people did talk about the buble of 2007-2008 while presidents were sure the economy is greater than ever. After 2008 we were told we will have econ. growth very soon, some even said the econ. is actually growing and celebrated the end of the recession. Just in the last few months they started to accept that the situation could worsen , and I think this is an interesting evolution of this so called recession. Maybe they need the "I told you so" back-up ?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Then we start all over again and do a proper job this time.

The banking system we have was essentially created in the 18th century for an ever expanding economy, little did they know that 250 yrs later that it would reach saturation levels.

Think of it as a new beginning.

It will happen, it is happening, the cards are falling on a weekly basis now, a daily basis tomorrow.

Cosmic..

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
I have heard this as many times now as the world is going to end, nt saying anything about you.
Im just getting tired of it now anyone else?

Actually I am getting very tired of all the endworld scenario thing. There is very little doubt the financial world is in trouble and it will filter down to the "little people". there is very little doubt that sometime soon a war will come in the Middle East, and perhaps the entire world. But I am truly getting very tired of all the speculation and people setting dates for things they cannot possibly understand. If it comes it comes. No one can stop it and all this fear monger stuff is just plain tiresome.
DH

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is the page translated

Do not tell us, says an expert of one of the largest banks in the world: Willem Buiter, chief economist at Citigroup Inc.. Words such as bankruptcy or financial meltdown began to be spoken of more and more people in important positions and messages are received by prestigious media outlets. Buiter told Bloomberg TV that can be a matter of days to a financial catastrophe in Europe . "Time passes very quickly. I think we have a few months, which could be several weeks or even days to a bankruptcy of a country like Spain unwanted or Italy, bankruptcy could still provokes the banking system of Europe and North American one. So we must act now, "he said Citigroup. A weapon with which Europe could risk fighting fund would increase the financial stability of 3.000 billion euros. Surely this will not happen because of political inconsistencies. Swedbank: European financial system must be replaced in 10 years Current financial system, banks in Europe marked by debt, there can withstand long-term, which means that a new system will have to replace it, possibly in 10 years, said the Swedbank for sustainability, Staffan Dahlbeck.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

you are a member of a conspiracy website!?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If you could read my post. You would see it said i've heard this as many time as the end of the world. Notthat i think this will result in the end of the world

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Of course their is going to be a Global Financial collapse, now tell me something I don't know yet will ya, this is old news...

I've known this for years now..

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I agree, we knew it for years, but only recentrly is being admited by the media. I kind of wonder, is this done in purpose in order to change our behaviour and trigger the collapse, or we see the " I told you so" attitude?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
We should be so lucky as a total banking collapse. Not getting my money out of my bank would result in some serious "change". Could you imagine if we had a 30's era banking collapse in these times? Those in their Ivory Towers would not be safe..........

But no worries it is just TPTB fear mongering. We all know they print money at will.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I like it when people try to prophecy stuff with "it will happen in days..." That way if it happens in 3 days or 3678 days they will still be right.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've been guessing that it will collapse either in December or January for about the last 8-9 months so on the one hand I'd be chuffed to be right (or at least very close) but on the other hand its kinda depressing.

Even if it doesn't happen in the next few weeks it certainly feels like its very close... I strongly recommend to anyone reading to stock up on food in the next week or so and other essentials like medication for and current conditions, if you haven't already.

I really, really hope I'm wrong about the economy...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Hm.. it would be a hard to have this thing happening in the winter. In a lot of countries we have people unable to pay the winter heating bill. Then, what kind of food stock-pile would be enough? For myself I plan to move to the countryside but I need to work another 125 weeks to make this possible ..
edit on 17-11-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Interesting. Thanks for the link OP

Here we have a very experienced economist who wants the ECB to purchase the souvereign debt to avoid the financial collapse.
He wants the Central Bankers to act responsible and as "the lenders last resort" instead of letting the Nation States and ultimately the tax payers absorb the default.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

There's plenty of other sites you might find more suitable and where there is much less chatter about collapsing economies and end of the world fear mongering. Please allow me to suggest a couple:

CNN
FOX
ABC
SKY

I just cannot understand why people come to an alternative news site if they find the content so tiresome. I'm being serious. If a given site was so against what I believe or take any interest in, I would simply save my sanity and not go to it. Reminds me of people who scream at the bloody television. Weird.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
reply to post by DavidsHope

Reminds me of people who scream at the bloody television. Weird.

I'll stop yelling at the TV when the presenters on the news and those there interviewing stop saying stupid things!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Everyone who reads this will soon have the ability to # 24kt solid gold bars. Enough doom and gloom, lets # gold!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
#= s word for poop.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join