It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC admits not a single person has died from consuming raw milk products in 11 years Learn more: ht

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

CDC admits not a single person has died from consuming raw milk products in 11 years Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

www.naturalnews.com

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) refuses to acknowledge that, based on all available statistics, raw milk produced on clean, small-scale farms is actually far safer than pasteurized milk from factory farms. But the agency did admit earlier this year, after being pressed and warned of a potential Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request if it failed to comply, that not a single person has died from raw milk consumption in over a decade.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What the...?
Corporate hypocrisy as usual so not much of a surprise but this is more blatant than usual. It seems as though the globalists want people to revolt so that they can force more tyranny at a quicker rate.

Honestly... the f?

I've had a weird week... Ignore my babbles.
/tinfoil hat off.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Why would anyone think 'raw' (I prefer to call it 'fresh') milk from a cow is dangerous? That is a classic example of brainwashing at it's best.
edit on 17-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I consume raw milk everyday at my home, I travel to Florida to get it every two weeks and is the best milk ever, no even once I have a problem with digestion, now when I drink manufactured milk it makes me cramp all the time.

I grew up with raw milk and will have no other as I am a big consumer of it, I just love milk.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Many people who chose raw milk thinking they would improve their health instead found themselves (or their loved ones) sick in a hospital for several weeks fighting for their lives from infections caused by germs in raw milk. For example, a person can develop severe or even life-threatening diseases, such as Guillain-Barré syndrome, which can cause paralysis, and hemolytic uremic syndrome, which can result in kidney failure and stroke.

These resulted in 1,837 illnesses, 195 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths. Most of these illnesses were caused by Escherichia coli O157, Campylobacter, or Salmonella. It is important to note that a substantial proportion of the raw milk-associated disease burden falls on children; among the 93 raw dairy product outbreaks from 1998 to 2009, 79% involved at least one person less than 20 years old.

Your answer is right on their website.

Death doesn't have to be the ultimate problem with these things. In fact, it is hard to calculate how many people have died:

cdc

E. coli poisoning is a nasty, nasty thing to deal with.
edit on 17-11-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've heard, (from the CDC) that last year there were 88 reported illnesses and 6 hospitalizations due to drinking raw milk. Is the number of deaths the best measure for determining safety?

I don't know how many people drink raw (or fresh) milk, but that seems like a high number of affected people.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I've heard, (from the CDC) that last year there were 88 reported illnesses and 6 hospitalizations due to drinking raw milk. Is the number of deaths the best measure for determining safety?

I don't know how many people drink raw (or fresh) milk, but that seems like a high number of affected people.

Well if you are going to consume something you should check the source of where you are getting it from. Raw milk is healthy but obviously it could be unhealthy if manhandled or sold improperly or something.

Checking the validity of whatever business you are buying something to consume from is just common sense. Although I appreciate that in this day and age it can be very hard to know exactly what you are consuming/where it is from or if it was produced properly.

Sigh.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Interesting, I guess I am not a CDC statistic so far, I still will have my raw milk and yes raw milk just like highly processed milk have expiration days, when I was growing up the best way to test milk was by smell and taste.

Nobody I knew has died from drinking raw milk in my family no even back in the days when milk was allowed to stay without refrigeration, just like raw eggs and butter, I still eat nothing but unpasteurized eggs now butter I do purchase that on the store as long it have not more than two ingredients, cream and salt.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Raw milk is heavily regulated and nobody has died from it, you kind of destroy your own argument there.
Cause= Raw milk is heavily regulated
Effect= Nobody dies from it

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
Raw milk is heavily regulated and nobody has died from it, you kind of destroy your own argument there.
Cause= Raw milk is heavily regulated
Effect= Nobody dies from it

It was probably just made up statistics to make people scared of raw milk. That seems to happen a lot. Guy has a heart attack whilst drinking raw milk. Raw milk kills people. People buy more over produced crap milk.

Like pretty much any industry I guess.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Everything in our great nation of the US is profti ridden, our govenrment job is to procted those corporate profits that is why they get to sell themselves to corporate pimps, manufactured milk is nothing but crap, with additives to make it look more attractive like vitamin D, still is sold like gold, well I rather pay 6 dollars for raw enzyme rich milk than manufacture trash with nothing left to be call "healthy" in it

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Everything in our great nation of the US is profti ridden, our govenrment job is to procted those corporate profits that is why they get to sell themselves to corporate pimps, manufactured milk is nothing but crap, with additives to make it look more attractive like vitamin D, still is sold like gold, well I rather pay 6 dollars for raw enzyme rich milk than manufacture trash with nothing left to be call "healthy" in it

And I think that just about finishes the thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

These resulted in 1,837 illnesses, 195 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths.
You seriously believe those illnesses or those two deaths were caused by 'raw' milk? For many years here in Australia raw milk was delivered straight to peoples front door in glass bottles. Cream still floating on top, the cream was the best bit, or so I've been told. Apparently it's illegal now (just did a google search). It seems like the insanity has spread over here too, I didn't even know about it. I used to drink FRESH milk from cows all the time, when I lived on a farm.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
For the most part try to stay away from natural news, they have a history of publishing false information then not correcting it. I think it was last year they ran some story about the FDA banning injectable vitamin C which turned out to be just a made up story.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
These are some of the worst arguments i have seen. You can't say that raw milk is safe for you while discounting all the evidence that it can make you sick by claiming conspiracy. By that logic you could be right about anything "The moon is not real and anyone that says otherwise is in on the conspiracy".
And the whole profit angle is just ignorant, you could say the same thing about raw milk "Raw milk is being pushed by the evil raw milk farmers to turn a profit boy are they greedy, they save money by not pasteurizing it and they don't even care if they make people sick"

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Sure, it seems like a lot, but consider products that do much worse even when acting in full accordance with their legal limits (usage volume will of course figure in) - prescription drugs kills tens of thousands in the US every year, alcohol is blamed for 100K + deaths, tobacco is 400K + deaths, and so on.

In the grand scheme of things, when we are otherwise effectively blind to such larger-scale death counts just because we're used to them, going so strongly after something like raw milk sales across state lines seems pretty silly.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

75,000 people DIE from alcohol a year.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Where are the jack boots when it comes to something so dangerous now?
edit on 17-11-2011 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Alcohol deaths are a bit misleading as decision making is factored in. People don't die from drinking one drink, some things to keep in mind in respect to alcohol death statistics.
Drinking Heavily for years= alcohol related death
Drinking too much in one night can= alcohol related death
Crashing your car drunk= Alcohol related death (more than one if you kill someone else
Doing something stupid while drunk= alcohol related death
With most of those things the danger is in the choice people made with alcohol not the alcohol itself.

With raw milk it can contain a number of things that can kill you or make you sick from having one glass. So stupid decisions can make alcohol kill just drinking raw milk can make you sick. Im not saying that raw milk should be illegal im just saying that statistics can be misleading.

edit on 17-11-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

OK. Chicken not cooked properly can give you the same illnesses. Where do we draw the line?

Not to mention sushi.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
reply to post by PrimalRed

OK. Chicken not cooked properly can give you the same illnesses. Where do we draw the line?

Not to mention sushi.

The point is for the most part you have to do something stupid to die from alcohol, where as food borne illnesses just require you to eat to be effected. Basically you have a choice to die or kill someone from alcohol and you do not have a choice to die from food.
And chicken that is not COOKED can give you problems, restaurants are not serving raw chicken.
edit on 17-11-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join