It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember my great news about my job i finally got?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I went back for my THIRD interview, had my drug test (don't use so it was clean), and they had to do a background check. I told her about the time in 02 that i was working for a guy seal coating and repoing cars, how he was paying cash then turned around and started doing checks. long story short, year later, I get pulled over and got arrested. figured it was cuz i was driving on a suspended and had no insurance, right? Bad move, I know. It was in 2002. I've since fixed that issue LONG ago, lol.

Anyway, turns out the guy was a criminal felon and had done time in prison on and off for almost 15 years and had written me and a few other workers what turned out later to be forged checks as work checks!! So they (the cops et al) 'assumed' that all of us were in on this and tried to give us felonies. I was ready to go into the Army and had my recruiter come in, got a letter of approval from a guy huge up in the army; the judge told me i could sit in jail for another 6 months and have the felony dropped fully or get out right away so i could make my army leaving date and drop to a misdemeanor. I took the misdemeanor cuz I figured I'd be in the Army til I retired. Was my plans. Then I got injured and had to get my DD214's but that's another story...... Seriously, that was my only offense ever and to this day don't know why someone can get in trouble for cashing a bloody work check *eyes roll*. Believe me if I knew he'd been a criminal felon, I NEVER would have worked with him.

Enter Walmart, 2011. I told her about the check and she was all shrugging saying, 'Wel tha'ts no big deal, bad check. Just put it down and it will be fine. We just look for things like drug dealers, abusers, murderers, pedos, that kind of serious thing. besides, it may not be on your report any more anyway."

So I get a copy of my background. The ONLY thing on it was that suspended and no insurance thing. I was on cloud 9! Definitely have the job, 9.75/hr, can FINALLY get off food stamps cuz I hate being on em when I can work.... blah blah.

They called today and told me I'm not hireable because of the background check. O_O
I've been crying since getting the news and just had to vent. So let me get this straight.

They won't hire murderers, rapists, drug dealers, abusers, pedopheliacs, armed robbers, and those with no insurance/suspended license from 2002.

all righty then. I understand I'm on the fbi most wanted list of terrible law breaking horrible disgusting menace to society people. I understand how dangerous it is for a suspended license/no insurance driver from 2002 to work in walmart. I understand. I'm an evil bad disgusting horrible creature who has no BUSINESS working in the public.

I understand.

Then why does it hurt so badly? I can't get ahead for trying.
edit on 17-11-2011 by sarra1833 because: edit to clarify

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Im sorry for your situation. I hope thing look up for you. Namaste

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
That's horrible. I can totally empathize too- last year I was close to getting hired at Wegmans as a sous chef (lol sous chef at wegmans); the chef loved that I knew what I was doing etc; I had 3 interviews and bam- not hire-able because of my "bad" credit (medical bill I've been working on paying off).

This- after 2 years of being unemployed. It's taken me a whole year more to finally get work.

I finally did though- 2 jobs! One is only ~12 hours a week cutting veggies for a little mexican place and the second will be almost full time as a sous chef at a new german restaurant (opening night tomorrow!!).

Good luck and don't let the idiots get you down too much. Something will come along.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Oh sweetie, I know you're disappointed. I too have been "on cloud 9" fully expecting a life-changing event to come to fruition only to have the rug ripped right out from under me.

IDK about your religious inclinations, but it has also been my experience that when God closes one door He always opens another; and what lies behind the 2nd door is usually better for you anyway, just something we hadn't thought about. I'm sure that if you really want one, you can find a job that will satisfy you much more than working at Walmart in no time at all. You seem really motivated and that is the key.

You're better off not having to work at Walmart anyway. They are the epitome of evil; Godless, soul-sucking heathens that have sold out the "Made in the USA" ideals of founder Sam Walton in order to get into bed with the Godless, heathen Chinese.

edit on 11/17/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

To everyone; thanks

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

I'm so glad this all worked out for you

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You definitely will! Maybe you could try talking to some of the businesses around your town about doing some web design/advertising for them? Might be time to get a little creative and MAKE something happen if you can. Maybe something else you're interested in as a hobby might be a possible career move?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm so sorry things didn't work out for you as you had planned. I'm sure a job at even walmart looked good after what you've been through but the universe has greater plans for you. It's Walmart's loss that they didn't hire you!
You deserve better than them anyway and it will come - just keep forging ahead.
Count your blessings however small they may seem.
Best of luck to you.

Asktheanimals

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thanks all. I don't know how good I am at doing design yet because I'm still learning a lot of things. I'm still in the beginning of schooling right now. I'm keeping my head up though. Things seem to dive then pick back up. Maybe this next time will be the charm, the winning ticket. I can't stay sad for too long. Not in my nature

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hey... Sorry to hear the job fell through... Do you have any lawyers around that may do pro bono work? If you need anything pm me. Stay strong and stay positive....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear that you didn't get the job at wal-mart but I really believe that you didn't get that job because something better is on the horizon.

Lots of good thoughts being sent your way

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Well now that you know what your background check will report. When looking for another job, you ONLY list what will show up. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, I got my DD214 because of the Big Chicken Dinner (contraband [nudie pics of wife] in Saudi and the USAF still has my laptop) and have worked in several places since. I always list nothing as on my background. But I got termed from a job and when applying for a new one, I listed being termed as the reason for leaving and didnt get hired for it. This taught me to Lie through my teeth to employers, let them look for whatever to not hire, dont give them an easy excuse to not hire, make them work for it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
sorry to hear it ..
Never give up.. Something better will come along for you.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

The problem is that right now It's an employers market, they can pick and choose who they like, more so than ever... which is not good if you're looking for a job and have a gap in your history or a little mark against your name like you have,

BUT

There are still jobs and if you keep trying, you WILL get a break.

Just don't let it get you down too much.... easier said than done I know... but seriously, keep at it

edit on 18/11/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

join