It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy The Consequences of Corruption Not The Root, Why Support That?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GringoViejo

correct
occupy the source not the symptom

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Stupid will never lead any revolution of any sort..

..leaderless group of protesters is completely non-intellectual.

I don't oppose change, I do oppose stupid and idiotic approaches to change when the spearheaders don't even know what change they want however....

...please remember I want change!

perhaps OWS does not want a 'leader' and are content with co-operating captains and teams... whose interest currently align, diverse as they are.

perhaps part of the problem is with 'leadership' in general... with 'plans' in general.

true change is neither rational nor orderly. any 'academic' who studies the physical world knows this.

punctuated equilibrium.

punctuated by chaos.

sometimes the rational mind is simply useless and we must act to express how we feel: knowing = not so necessary.

do or do not : there is no try.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The total ignorance towards Capital Hill and the White House by OWS has stumped me since the first week of the protests. Clearly, solutions were never supposed to be a component of the Occupy movement. We are back to the old ends justify the means ideology. Its classic and its pure textbook tactics.

Chaos and disorganization were the intent here. Attention for the screaming baby who can't express himself any other way.

Van Jones just summed it up the other day with his "You haven't seen anything yet" remark. In his warped mind he thinks that all eyes are on Occupy and that everyone is just drooling to hear and see what comes next. LIttle does he know that it will all blow up in his face. The poll numbers say it all.

Jones claims that he has 2,000 candidates primed and ready to enter the election fray to give formal political voice to this movement. If that's the case, they will have to do so under a new third party identity.

Beware of "Phase Two"

“You’re going to see an evolution now as you go from protests, keep the protests, but now expand into politics,” Jones said. “And if you thought there was an earthquake in 2010 when the Tea Party moved into politics, wait until this 99 percent movement moves over into politics. You haven’t seen anything yet.”

Jones said the movement is “going to be recruiting 2,000 candidates to run for office now under this 99 percent banner“ as Occupy Wall Street enters ”phase two.”

www.theblaze.com...

Bring it on Jones!!!
Your goose is long overcooked! These protesters are just being used as tools and simply part of the means to an end. That's all. They will all be spit out in the end.
edit on 18-11-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I believe that if they were called "Occupy Capital Hill" they would have many more people on their side. Most Americans are sick and tired of the corruption in this country, but OWS is barking up the wrong tree.

It really gets me angry when I see videos of OWS'ers complaining about big corporations getting bail outs, while at the same time demanding that student loan debts be forgiven. I'm a firm beliver that no one nor no company should be bailed out. Period.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by galactix

perhaps OWS does not want a 'leader' and are content with co-operating captains and teams... whose interest currently align, diverse as they are.

perhaps part of the problem is with 'leadership' in general... with 'plans' in general.

You are always going to have diverse views present in a protest, unless its only like 15 people outside of an abortion clinic. This is the exact reason you need leadership. Otherwise the message gets lost, no one knows who to turn to for answers, no effective plans can get made, etc.

If you have no leaders the media has no choice but to interview random samplings of people, and who the hell in their right mind believes the media won't cherry pick details if left completly to their own devices? How are the public, of which you're trying to gains support, going to make an informed decision if there aren't any clear goals? This goes beyond each city, there has to be some sort of unified voice between the camps. That is, only if they want to be successful.

true change is neither rational nor orderly. any 'academic' who studies the physical world knows this.

punctuated equilibrium.

punctuated by chaos.

Again, if you want to stage a successful protest you have to remain non-violent. This requires discipline. When everyone is a 'leader' so to speak, this becomes harder and harder to maintain for each person present in the crowd. A leaderless mob is what you have when you have no discipline, a tinder box, a powder keg.

Why do you think MLK was such a great leader? Because he kept people inspired, motivated, and aware of how things needed to go in order to achieve success.

Of course there is chaos. Especially when you feel like you aren't getting anywhere, which I imagine some occupiers feel that way. The trick is staying the course.

sometimes the rational mind is simply useless and we must act to express how we feel: knowing = not so necessary.

Which ends up with a man and a hunting rifle on top of a department store expressing how he feels. He's either crazy or irrational.

do or do not : there is no try.

Rubbish. You must try in order to do anything.
edit on 18-11-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wow. First recourse is they are all commies, or lead by commies. Then they do not know what to support, they have no demands. Then they have no leaders! Then why protest business rather than government? they need a shower.

Judging by the level of shilling as of late, the PTB are getting extremely nervous, since they realise the brainwasing gig is over and they will eventually have to answer to their crimes. I see lots of jail time and maybe even executions happening.

You can't say you never saw it coming either. Criminals have their day, but so does everyone else. Redistribution of funds will not come from the millionares, it will come from the billionares and trillionares who STOLE PUBLIC FUNDS with their cronies in washington.

In the meantime, keep shilling fellas..it is your last hope!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join