It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish Authorities using a new EMP weapon on Citizens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
ok... here's an odd article I thought I'd share with you all...

Spanish Authorities using a new EMP weapon on Citizens?

While the writing style is representative of a biased freshman, the info is quite interesting...

The difference this time was that the local police force used some high tech device from the police station that caused most all electronic items within 500 meters of the police station to be knocked out for about one hour. The Police told the locals it was a safety wave .This safety wave
effect lasted for about one hour in the early morning times while the Helicopter flew in and about one hour later flew out. The effects were no mobile phones in that 500 meter radius of the police station would work. No cars within that field effect could be made to start their engines. All other cars outside the region were not allowed to enter this safety wave region so it’s not known if they
can knock out engines that were running at the time of the safety wave event.

All satellite TV and cable TV devices in the safety wave region were knocked out also. We are talking a region festooned with multi story apartment blocks with hundreds if not thousands of normal Spanish going about their normal lives unaware that there was some sort of test of a safety wave device about to be given to them.

What do you make of this ATS?...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

An EMP would permanently damage electronics...correct?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Yes, the emp is essentially an electro-magnetic wave. anything within it's range, on or off, would have most if not all of it's circuits shorted out, and I believe any microprocessors would be wiped clean.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

"Safety wave"? Yeah that'll keep em safe... One would think it would knock out all those electronics permanently, but it doesn't sound permanent.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead

An EMP would permanently damage electronics...correct?

not really, depends the intensity of it

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It think it's a dubious report at best with some basic facts wrong.

An emp would permanently disable all electronic devices within range. It would not pick or choose. A running car motor shouldn't stop cold unless maybe it's a fuel injection engine. I can see you not being able to start the car, and any circuits within it to die (the starter) but the engine should be fine.

As well, this would effect ALL equipment, not some, and would be permanent until circuits were replaced, not a matter of hours.

A jamming device sounds more plausible and would account for phone/sat/internet disruptions.

And the claims of a spike in deaths because of burials THAT day, what? Are they THAT efficient in Spain that people are buried within hours of death? I know this is Jewish tradition, and I think Muslim too, but is this the norm in Spain?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

A jamming device sounds more plausible and would account for phone/sat/internet disruptions.

This sounds more plausible to me as well. Like a more powerful version of the cellphone jammers you can get online...
edit on 11/17/2011 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think you will find this is standard military grade jamming equipment. I've seen it used on TV out in afganistan.
RF Jammers. Shuts down mobile phones, TV, Cable ect.
They use them for stopping RF operated IED's
I guess they jam immobilisers on cars too. Would make sence, anything that can trigger a bomb.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What about people with Pacemakers?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I was thinking generally more along the lines of the local police force finally getting their first directed enegry crowd control device and since nothing was kicking off they decided to use it for sh*ts -n- giggles, just to get a raise from the shocked victims...

new topics

top topics

join