It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moutians of Madness REAL!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
for all you lovecraft nerds. You know the story already. for the blissfully ignorant "At the moutians of madness" was HPL's olny novel clocking in just over a hundedred pages. It tells the tale of an expedition to the south pole to investigate the south pole and all the horrors they find. id suggest reading it since there is alot of "ancient alien" theroy that many have taken and pervert HPL's phrophetic story. here is the yahoo link to the aritcle

news.yahoo.com...

keep in mind love craft wrote about this moutian ranges 30 years before scientists knew there was a moutian range in the south pole. HPL was a mad poet and strange nuclear phrophet. And yet his words and wrighting get swept into the finge.

IAIAIAIA

Ps i dont know if this post belongs in this forum. mods please move to where you feel it belongs.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Upthepunx because: for got my t's

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
link goes to the old "doesnt exist or isnt available right now". i'd like to read the article if you know where else it can be found

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I've read the article,
Scientist have known for 50 years that the mountains were there, they just weren't able to explain them.
NOW they have explained them.
Aliens making mountain ranges? Probably not.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
scientsts discovered them in 56 and are olny now being able to study them. the "aliens" in HPL's story didnt make them. this was where they lived when the south pole wasnt an ice block. lovecraft wrote at the moutians of madness in the 20's or 30's way before scientsts knew they were thee. also i dont buy into the moderen idea of "ancient aliens" because it was stolen from HPL's and other body of works. the ariticle is on yahoo news right under the science selection. Lovecraft was a lucid dreamer and a leader in the pratice of lucid dreaming. mabey he taped into something with his works? id like to think so and that he is more important than people give him credit.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
spread the word to all the lovecraft people that would actually get a kick out of this article.

top topics

join