It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Military Chief Warns of Nuclear War Risks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Gen. Nikolai Makarov, chief of the General Staff of the Russian armed forces, cautioned over NATO's expansion eastward and warned that the risks of Russia being pulled into local conflicts have "risen sharply."

Makarov added, according to Russian news agencies, that "under certain conditions local and regional conflicts may develop into a full-scale war involving nuclear weapons."

abcnews.go.com...

He appears to be talking on pre-emptive terms in this article..

Any country would get on the offence if a coalition, known for invading/liberating countries, was slowly working there way toward their border.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Isn't Makarov the baddie from Modern Warfare?

Anyways, I agree, any country seeing the noose tightening would be worried. And considering Russia has always been a favorite enemy, it makes sense for them to issue warnings. As well they have ties with Iran and China, so any incidents with Iran would inevitably drawn them into the mix.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
And this is exactly why FDR said to walk softly and carry a big stick.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
When you poke the Bear what happens , and why would anyone want to ? There is no cage to hold them back from reaching out and touching you . When will they ever learn .

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If we stayed within our own borders and stopped invading other countries the world would be a safer place.. What is wrong with peeps...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
A large-scale war because of armed conflicts in seemingly unrelated countries?

Sounds familiar...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
As well they have ties with Iran and China, so any incidents with Iran would inevitably drawn them into the mix.

It's possibly, Bud... Although, Russia's been known for playing both sides, primarily for cash.

Sure they armed Iran with Surface-to-Air missiles, centrifuges, man-power and other key elements to build a Nuclear Plant and enhance their militaristic ability.. I just can't see Russia risking their own citizens and military infrastructure over Iran. They come off as too selfish.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
1 thing you need to learn here is the "start treaty" wasnt a treaty it was a message.

they dont care about us they got bunkers they can liver perfectly good lives in for years the big issue here is depop . we said this years ago
islam then communism then georgia guidstones.

they are going to do it no matter what you think your all way way way behind on coming events. the plan is and has always been de pop then their N.W.O utopia.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
All to familiar , these two have never really squared off face to face . Pimping out your partners to do your dancing for you when your money doesn't buy what it used to spells disaster . Wham bam thank you mam , give me your number and I'll call you tomorrow .

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Isn't Makarov the baddie from Modern Warfare?

Anyways, I agree, any country seeing the noose tightening would be worried. And considering Russia has always been a favorite enemy, it makes sense for them to issue warnings. As well they have ties with Iran and China, so any incidents with Iran would inevitably drawn them into the mix.

That the first thing I thought too...weird. Modern Warfare 3 commercial advertises as WW3 then flips the first W to an M to get MW3. Is this a sign that WW3 is about to go down with the Russians? Only time will tell.
edit on 17-11-2011 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I always found the whole Makarov/Modern Warfare reference interesting, even if they used it for fictional purposes it sure seems like they're trying to tell us something. They did something similar in "The Hunt For Red October" when they had a political figure with the last name "Putin" and he was reading a quote from the Bible about the Apocalypse, just sticks with you.

As far as the article, I can't say any of this is good news. Let's hope everything stays calm for now!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

(Battlefield) Bad Company 2 & Battlefield 3 are against the Russians as well. Better games as well. ~SheopleNation

new topics

top topics

join