It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party tells Cain, "drop out of the race!" After his comedy of errors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Link to article

Another article

This will be a blow to Cain's poll numbers. And guess who's sitting in second place? You guessed it, Ron Paul. I think the only reason the Tea Party endorsed Cain in the first place was to try to cancel their negative racist image. Now they're back peddling, saying WTF were we thinking? It's obvious to everyone with a brain that Cain is not, nor will he ever be presidential material. MSM, it's time for yall to get on the Ron Paul bus, or get run over by it. r3volution is at hand, Ron Paul 2012!

edit on 17-11-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Herman Cain isn't going anywhere.

He has $9 million and is debt free.

It's a good bet he will stick around for a VP slot.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I am not a tea party person. However if they supported him what could they have been thinking? There is nothing tea party about him. He is from the Federal Reserve System. He doesn't know anything about foreign affairs. He didn't know China had nukes? He is apparently a married man with a reputation of being a womanizer. Now he is linked to Henty Kissinger. This is just off the top of my head. I am sure there is much I have forgotten and much more to be learned.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

He isn't a VP type. He probably wouldn't accept it anyway. He has too many thoughts and ideas of his own to play VP to a Romney or Perry or Paul.

The best thing that can come from this, Cain has voiced his approval of Paul in the past!!! If he drops out after Iowa or New Hampshire, and he endorses Paul, then Paul will easily win Florida and be the front runner by February!!

This could be outstanding. We need Paul to run a close 2nd or 3rd going into Florida's Primary, and we need Cain's endorsement for Paul before that primary, and then the Ron Paul campaign will be in the driver's seat!!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

I know, what were they thinking? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ron Paul set the ground work for the tea party? I thought I heard that somewhere. So shouldn't he be there obvious choice?
edit on 17-11-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Too crazy for the tea party -- unpossible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

There is nothing tea party about him.

Same could be said about the current "Tea Party."

Anyone find out where his 9 Million dollars came from? I was watching a Cain interview and guess where? Not the people. He was actually critiquing Wall Street/ Bank contributions, when the journalist said and I'm paraphrasing, " How can you critique (I believe it was Romney's) contributions, when your receiving contributions from the same groups.

The fact that Today's Tea Party, doesn't support Dr. Paul, basically an unwritten founder of the original (before hijack) Tea Party speaks volumes. What exactly is Today's Tea Party? I kinda see them today as a Neo-Con Fox News spun group. Am I wrong?

Mind you, when they original began I was supportive, post hijack, I do not support the Tea Party at all...

edit on 17-11-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What Judson doesn't realize is that Herman Cain is the Tea Party.

The Tea Party is connected directly to the Koch Brothers and their Americans for Prosperity foundation and FreedomWorks.

Americans for Prosperity and the Tea Party
FreedomWorks

Cain was a frequent paid speaker and spokesperson for Americans for Prosperity. They are joined at the hip.

This nonsense that Ron Paul was a founder or co-founder of the TPM is just that - they throw his name around so they can sound like a grass-roots movement but it's funded by billionaires. The TPM doesn't even endorse Ron Paul - what does that tell you?

Now, I don't doubt the Kochs/Tea Party will find some way to withdraw their candidate as you can't bomb as badly as Herman Cain and still expect to get any votes - no matter who is pumping millions into your campaign coffers.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

What Judson doesn't realize is that Herman Cain is the New Tea Party.

There, I corrected that for you.

The New Tea Party portrayed by the MSM, and funded by the GOP and celebrity support is not the Tea Party that began in 2008. It is not the Tea Party that I attended rallies for on many occasions, and it is not the Tea Party that represents the grassroots movement that supports Ron Paul.

In fact, the Real Tea Party actually supports what OWS is trying to do, and still supports Ron Paul, and doesn't care all that much for Beck, Palin, etc.

The only person that seems to be able to freely flow between the Real Tea Party and the New Tea Party is Bachmann, and I haven't quite figured that out yet? I don't care for Bachmann's strong religious stances, although she is a very sweet person, and she does have some very good ideas on shrinking government and protecting the borders.

So, Yes, Cain IS the New Tea Party as portrayed on television. He may not be a Real Tea Partier, but he definitely plays one on television, LOL!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Correction noted.
Cheers!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn I think the only reason the Tea Party endorsed Cain in the first place was to try to cancel their negative racist image

Wait.. WHAT? They "endorsed" Cain? Really? I didn't hear about that...

Isn't Ron Paul the GODFATHER of the Tea Party?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If the NEWtea party has thrown Cain under the bus; then hasn't the GOP also ditched Cain as well.
What is the difference between the New tea party and the GOP? None that I can see.

And the OLD has lost most of it's influence due to them not having a serious platform other than antiobama.
And with Dr. Paul still a Republican and the Republicans solidly behind Romney; Paul won't get the nomination.....wtf?

American politics....Greatest Show On Earth!
edit on 17-11-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

It's a good bet he will stick around for a VP slot.

He'd be the latest in a long line of intellectual giants: Bush, Quayle, Gore, Cheney, Biden, Cain!
/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I heard that the purpose of the VP is to make the President look good.

Joe Biden does the opposite. He needs to go on a long vacation.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Currently, as portrayed on television, the GOP supports the big names Romney and Perry. Cain had his 15 minutes, but he's fading fast, Gingrich appears to be gaining his 15 minutes, but it won't last.

Only the true Primaries and Caucuses will tell us the real temperature of the voter. I don't think there is a single accurate poll out there.

If Romney and Perry lead the Primary votes, then I will believe that the GOP is completely disfunctional and the American voter has lost all semblance of free-thought.

For now, I'm going with the thought that the mainstream polls, and the MSM are completely skewed and biased, and I'm holding out hope that the real voters will make their voices heard in January. By the end of February 2012, I will either be celebrating and chanting, "told you so, told you so, told you so," or I will be quietly completing my survival supplies, and preparing for the worst, LOL! The mainstream GOP can't defeat Obama, and the country can't survive 4 more years of this.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Teapublicans are defined by TV and the polls (BTW if you really want to know about polls Nate Silver is the best analyst)

To say that the Fox and friends are not what completely defines the Teapublicans is just wistful thinking. I think many people who identify with the tea party are living in a bubble, and that bubble is easily manipulated.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

To say that the Fox and friends are not what completely defines the Teapublicans is just wistful thinking. I think many people who identify with the tea party are living in a bubble, and that bubble is easily manipulated.

There are two sets of Tea Partiers.

There is the set that types on the internet, and brags to their friends, and regurgitates everything from Fox News, but has never been to a single rally, meeting, townhall, or political event in their lives. (My parents fall into that group.)

Then, there is the original set, that organized before they had a name, set up rallies, went to the town hall events, campaigned for the folks they liked, latched onto the growing nationwide movement and absorbed the name "Tea Party." They had great success from 2008 through the 2010 elections, but by election day they were already starting to lose their identity.

That second group still exists, but they are a little embarrassed to go by the Tea Party name these days. They still support Ron Paul, they empathize with OWS, they are still having tax day rallies and 9/12 rallies, and they are still helping certain local candidates to campaign, and they are still attending local political events and meetings. We are still here, and we are still influential, we just lost our name to the big corporate bullies.

We are kind of like "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince, that can now be called Prince Again."

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'll go on the OP's fishing trip. I am a Conservative, associated with no one. Nor the Tea Party, but my views do lean in that direction. I'll take any of the their views, over what Obama has actually done to this Country. At least Cain has a plan. What is Obama's plan? He still hasn't even mad a budget and IMO should be removed from office just on that principle.
That is a failure of Leadership. if you had total control of Congress and can not pass a budget....? Now leave yourself at the will of some Unconstitutional Super Committee? How many more times are we going to extend the original budget from when he was elected?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

This could be outstanding. We need Paul to run a close 2nd or 3rd going into Florida's Primary, and we need Cain's endorsement for Paul before that primary, and then the Ron Paul campaign will be in the driver's seat!!

Not knocking Ron Paul, but Cain's endorsement or failure to do the same will have no effect on Ron Paul's numbers.

Cain supporters support him for various reasons, but they don't think in terms of "what would herman Cain do?"

Once Herman Cain drops out his endorsement will count for very little IMO. I think the same could be said about Perry. Newt or Romney? Their endorsement might carry weight, maybe even Hunstman or Pawlenti....not Perry or Cain though.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Cain's first real win was in Florida at the Straw Poll. The FLorida Straw Poll had registered delegates from every county in Florida and was a great indicator of how the Primary might go.

At the time, Cain was killing it with his religious views, his 9-9-9 plan, and his authoritative and assertive speaking style. He was an emerging force to be reckoned with!

Since that time, his womanizing has lost much of his Christian support, his 9-9-9 plan has fallen by the wayside because of the dangers in introducing a new tax without getting rid of any old taxes, and his affiliation with large donors and the Fed have cost him in debates. He also already endorsed Ron Paul once.

So, Florida voters are left with no Cain, and no support for Romney/Perry, and Ron Paul is now emerging with a better economic plan than Cain's, and a similar Christian belief system, (albeit less intrusive than Cain's), and the voting record and speaking and writing record to back up what he is saying.

If Paul got an endorsement from Cain and Bachmann and Johnson, he would be a landslide victor. We'll see who plays party politics and who stands by their belief system as the primary season emerges. Those candidates that drop out and support a mainstream Republican are posers, and they should lose all support in the future. The ones that drop out and support the candidate that actually embodies what they stand for should be rewarded greatly in their future political endeavors!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join