It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Dreaming Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A while back, I had an astral dreaming experience. This was different from a lucid dreaming experience in that though I knew I wasn't "in reality" I couldn't manipulate the dream (as it were) or force myself to wake up like I can when lucid dreaming.

I was in a distorted version of my old room in my parent's house. The room was extremely elongated and the door was in a different place. There were only two small beds in the room and those at opposite ends. I was strapped down in one bed and my sister was in another. I try to get out of the restraints and I can't. I look over at my sister and she slowly crawls out of bed.
"Help me," I beg her.
She looks at me and when she does, it's not her face I see, but a demonic distortion of her face. Never saying a word, she smiles wickedly and leaves me alone in the bedroom. At this point, I start freaking out and trying to control the dream. It doesn't work. After thrashing for a while, the bedroom door opens and a silhouette creeps in. It resembled Spring-Heeled Jack. I start screaming at it to get away and it smiles and walks to the head of my bed. Then it tries to jump INTO my crown chakra! This starts a struggle with the demon. I'm screaming as I'm fighting the thing, trying to keep it out of my head. The struggle lasts for a while and I finally manage to expel the demon. But I'm seriously exhausted. There's no way I could survive another onslaught, so I start saying a prayer.

I feel myself being lifted up and before I know it, I'm staring down at the whole scene and standing between two beings of pure light dressed in black coats. They are discussing something. All I manage to make out is:
"He's getting stronger, but he's not there yet."

Then the vertigo again as it felt like I was being thrown back into myself. A blinding flash of white light filled the dream and I woke up screaming.

Anybody out there have similar experiences? Or ever been caught in a lucid dream they couldn't get out of?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Anybody out there have similar experiences? Or ever been caught in a lucid dream they couldn't get out of?

How would you know you got out of it, if it were a real lucid dream?? What says you arent in a lucid dream now??

Anyways, cool dream....very much guided by you're beliefs, as are all dreams.
Id call it more of a nightmare than a lucid/astral dream...but thats us skeptics for ya

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

How would you know you got out of it, if it were a real lucid dream?? What says you arent in a lucid dream now??

Anyways, cool dream....very much guided by you're beliefs, as are all dreams.
Id call it more of a nightmare than a lucid/astral dream...but thats us skeptics for ya

Did you miss the experienced dreamer part? If you haven't done it or experienced it, I could type till I get Carpal Tunnel and you still wouldn't get it. But here it goes anyway:
A lucid dream is a dream in which you realize you are dreaming. You are actually inside your own subconscious. You can manipulate the dream however you wish. Do anything you want. And most importantly, you can make yourself wake up. You can tell the difference between the types of dreams by the way you experience and interact with the Dream World you are in. When you are astral dreaming, you know you aren't in your body. You know you should be in a dream, but you cannot control the dream like you could if you were dreaming inside your own head. Why do I feel like I'm repeating myself?

As I said before, if you are lucid dreaming you KNOW IT. I wish I was in a lucid dream right now. I'd be dreaming myself somewhere cool and exciting instead of being stuck fixing these damn computers all day.

join