It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the DOJ wants to make lying on the Internet A Crime Then Surely This Should Apply To All Media?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The Internet is a media source and I am hearing that the DOJ want to make it illegal to lie. Surely this should apply to mainstream media also, they are caught lying all the time to suit the globalist agenda. For example the lie about the WMD and Iraqies throwing newborn babies out of cots. The politicians are always caught spreading untruths, are they to be thrown in jail also?

I do noy possibly see how the DOJ can enforce this law as it will cause an uproar. For example, if i see a youtube video targetted by the establishment because it identifies wrongdoing I will reupload it elsewhere for others to witness. Its going to be un-enforcable IMO. What are they going to do, arrest millions of people?

Whoever in the DOJ thought this up meeds thier damn head examined. Sorry about not supplying a link, but I am talking about the censorship issue regarding the DOJ and youtube.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Source please? No disrespect.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
How can the DOJ enforce any laws about lying when it's head, Eric Holder, just got done telling a string of whoppers on Capital Hill even the media couldn't bring themselves to report with an entirely straight face. When the national leaders can find it in themselves to be honest when they are speaking to the public, then perhaps they have a place to dictate to the rest of us what honesty should have for standards.

Until then,. they can sit down, shut up and worry as Nov 2012 gets closer. They're ALL unemployed right after that.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Flagged for the title alone.

2nd.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
That is an excellent point. You should be a lawyer.

I would most definitely support a law that would make politicians, Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck liable for what they say on public media.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
When i read e original breaking story on ats about this subject i sjust chuckled and laughed.
I thoughht, "who in the doj just waisted a bunch of time online on match.com only to find out he was talking to a fake account?"

Seriously, i guarantee someone high up at the doj got played throu online dating. Ahhhhhaha

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Illegal to use an online alias in Canada

internet ID for Americans

Search the title of the thread to discover tons of articles about this.

The U.K. was praised on their internet policy by China!

Internet Censorship is an issue....
edit on 17/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
How would you even enforce such a thing? If the weatherman from channel "X" posts online that it's going to rain and it doesn't, could he be subject for arrest. Or would that be one of millions of exceptions that would be made to the law?

What about all the idiots that go into chat rooms pretending to be eager 13 year old girls? If you take them off line, won't be make it easier to find the real 13 year old girls?

What about all the people who get online and pretend to be doctors and lawyers?

Virtually every single personal ad on craigs list?

What about people who add comments to news stories?

What about people on this very website?

Do you know what this is going to do to our already tied up and abused court system?

This isn't going to happen. Another idiot at the Justice Department pretending to have authority. Maybe he should be arrested.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity
This isn't going to happen. Another idiot at the Justice Department pretending to have authority. Maybe he should be arrested.

Couldn't have put it better myself... why aren't people waking up

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity

Virtually every single personal ad on craigs list?

I like that point, just think of all the lies told on dating sites about how a person looks or their personal and work history. Too funny.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I flag this just for the title as well.

If such a bill passes it will end corruptions as we know it and that means most politicians will be thrown in prison with the rest of the liars.

top topics

join