It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cover up as to God's gender

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
lol, to the OP
Have you considered you worship a god, but not the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob? Really?
Let me say it like this.
If I told you I love ice cream and I love chocolate and I told you, on the internet, to go get some ice cream and try it for yourself and when you got to the i.c. parlor you chose strawberry because that was all that was at this store. And when you got back to me you claimed the only ice cream there is is strawberry and I am being decieved because the only ice cream ever is strawberry ice cream and evryone else is wrong, delusional and involved in a cover up because your vendor told you, in person, that "she" only had strawberry ice cream and nothing else, ever!

But you see, I have been to where they make ice cream and I have experienced the making of the ice cream and I know that there are many flavors of ice cream, but I also am aware of the manufacturer and the designer of all the different flavors and I can assure you, you have ice cream but seem to have no idea as to the bigger scope of the source thinking it originated in the i.c. parlor where you made your purchase and neglected to seek further to have a richer and fuller understanding of ice cream due to your insistance and pre-supposed idea that strawberry defines all ice cream

hey it's a rough figure but it seems to fit your insistance that your pre-suppositions are correct

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Just for the fun of it:
"God" made the MAN in his (or their) image; only after that he created the woman, some kind of pet to keep him company...
He presents himself all over the bible as the Father.
There is The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit; none of them women. Mary was only a tool, but in all his mightiness, he just couldn't father a son without a woman.

Jealous, revengeful, proud, egomaniac, obsessed with power...then the way he treats women, and blame them for everything.... he's definitely a male; and a sexually frustrated one. I can smell it from a mile. Ever wondered why he ordered to punish only the adulterous woman, and not both man AND woman? Stone the whore, but never the men who used her? Why a man can have many wives, but a woman can't have many husbands?

Of course, we talk here about the christian god, the one depicted in the bible, right?
Because I see no room for doubt in that book about what and how that god is.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If I were to assume, I would say that our original creator would be female. Females have always been known to be the nurturer and giver of life. Isn't maternal DNA the only DNA that remains unchanged throughout the generations, it seems the male 'seed' is only there to make numbers. The maternal DNA is obviously more important for some reason. The most primitive societies realised this and idolized women, I believe jealous men have tried to steal the admiration women deserve and have been slowly relegating them to second class citizens out of fear for the past few thousand years.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

no, you aren't very literate when it comes to the Bible. And you don't seem to understand the ancient cultures, or the idea that God is Spirit and created the material world where he defines Himself in the masculine only for our limited understanding as we understand only in parts.
You see, you gave us all a tell about YOU Fixate on sex much do we?

Sad how little understanding there is today from those that are haughty and proud. This thread is obviously troll bait as there doesn't seem to be much knowledge exerted by those that think they know something.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

And who was the cloners?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
'lilith' is a complete invention by early rabbis when they read that 'elohim' made humans in THEIR image'
So, since they had god as a man, they had to invent a woman to go with it. So they did, and they called her 'lilith'
and made her a sort of whore that suduced god. Elohim was the jewish name for god before jehovah came along.
If you read 'the gospel according to thomas', you'll see that Jesus actually worships elohim as 'his father', and, in reality, his 'father/mother.' Jehovah is not the father of jesus, and certainly not 'the same as'. Jehovah is a jealous god. Jesus is not jealous.
In the higher dimensions, in the sixth dimension, we have no sex, we are balls of light. We only break into sexes in the fifth dimension, the fourth, and now, our present condition, the third dimension.
This is the only dimension where we need babies, because, people die in this dimension, By the fourth dimension no one dies. This is what jesus calls, 'the kingdom of heaven'. He's in charge of getting you there, if you want to try.
What happens above that is another story. Sex is not needed in the fourth and fifth dimensions, but it is possible.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
God is Spirit and created the material world where he defines Himself in the masculine only for our limited understanding as we understand only in parts.

We, humans, are egotistical.

I find it nonsense to argue GODS' gender, as he's the holy spirit. People can argue Jesus' all they want because he was human form. Though, dealing with non-human form, I agree with your statement, manna. Thats how I believe it is. That's what I take from it when i've read the scriptures.
edit on 18-11-2011 by TwelveFifty because: edit

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It clearly says in the Bible that God/Jesus is Man, explain your findings..

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Matthew 22:30
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Luke 20
The Authority of Jesus Questioned

34 Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.

Maybe in heaven it is all different rules compared to earth but for now we have to live this out, the battle bewteen good and evil freedom of choice, right to rule and be kings, every out come has a reaction good or bad it makes the world what it is, I guess if we want God back we have to mean it, the least time did not turn out well.
edit on 18-11-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

oh undo, I do love your posts and insights. You convibced me from before after my due diligence that He is "I AM I AM"

But you just took a huge leap with the cloning and created sterile part. Please elaborate on this (Sigh, why did I have to read in between the op's post and the last page, le sigh, I was so done with this troll bait thread

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Ok firstly, as abit of a joke between some of us girls we say god is a girl, plus theres a few bands who have said it in there songs like Tatu, but to me God is everything in life, im not religious as religion is the destructor of mankind and the true meaning and rules of religion have been distorted over time and most who practace it are hypocitical sinners, the most common rule broken is thall shalt not judge the, which is the complete oppisite of what these religious nutters do, and then they kill people for not being religious! wether god is a woman or not, im sure if she was she wouldnt let half the stuff that happens to women happen at all, how you know god is a girl i have no idea but i appreciate your views, it would be a relief if God was a girl, but being of sexual desier? i think your exerting your own sexual desires through fantasey into relality.... keep it in the bedroom :/

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
this is a stupid subject, probably started by a brainless Womans liber.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by WhiteHat

no, you aren't very literate when it comes to the Bible. And you don't seem to understand the ancient cultures, or the idea that God is Spirit and created the material world where he defines Himself in the masculine only for our limited understanding as we understand only in parts.
You see, you gave us all a tell about YOU Fixate on sex much do we?

Sad how little understanding there is today from those that are haughty and proud. This thread is obviously troll bait as there doesn't seem to be much knowledge exerted by those that think they know something.

Well, nobody REALLY understands the ancient cultures, or god, don't you think? None of us was there. People only imagine this or that version of it, according to their own personality. So many currents, so many completely different ideas, all from the same book. And this is because the bible is full of contradictions, so everybody pick up whatever they want and ignore the rest, so they can make some sense out of it. There are interpretations, and interpretations to interpretations, and assumptions around nothing more than few words out of context; no wonder one needs tons of faith to stick with it.

Just like you interpret the same words through your own understanding and faith, I do the same. To me, the predominant note through the whole bible is that of a male character. But of course, the holy spirit isn't upon me to show me the obvious interpretations of the otherwise simple relation between a male (the father), a female, (Mary) and the resulting son (Jesus). What do I know?
Other than that, I don't think I misquoted something. And you didn't actually addressed my arguments, only my interpretations.
Not sad, just funny how we look at the same thing and see different animals...

And just to be clear, I addressed the god depicted in the bible, not the idea of god in general, or any other concept of divinity.
Too much noise for nothing; I completely agree that this is a troll thread. I found the OP question amusing and superficial, to begin with, so I answered accordingly...quote..."just for the fun of it..." No offense intended to anyone's faith. Relax.

edit on 18-11-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
To me anything that would be considered a supreme being and omniscient would be beyond gender and genitals. Different cultures around the world have differing opinions as to what a supreme being even is. To some its a white haired dude cloud surfing, others a mother figure. Then you have even older traditions that say they accept that there is a supreme spirit but it is so beyond our capabilities to comprehend that its not even worth trying.

Personally I think that "God" is more of a universal consciousness of every thing that is, has been and will be. So something that great would be persistent in male creatures, female creatures, asexual creatures, plants, rocks, bacteria and so on. That is my two cents. There very well could be lesser spirits that have an affinity to certain aspects of our physical realm such as stories of animal guides for example.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I thought gender was only a condition of our incarnation into a dualistic realm and that above the human level, gender is nonexistent. I'm not sure spirit has a gender....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
The cover up as to God's gender was very successful. There is no book in the bible being true about God's gender. Not even the books Jesus' words are in. Proving that Jesus is with the cover up. There is also no Christian religion teaching the truth to God's gender.

Link: Genesis 1: The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Link: Jesus’ Teaching on Prayer

1 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:

“‘Father,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
3 Give us each day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation.’”

Hmm... What an epic fail of an anti-christian thread.

edit on 11/18/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well... If God is indeed a woman....

It would explain the silent treatment.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So god being a male is not ok but god being a female is?

I'm pretty sure the bible does mention god and Jesus being males though and don't foget that Mary had god's son so if god was female.....well.......

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
As I am sure someone has already pointed out, any religion that uses the Abrahamic books of the Bible, which are basically the religions with the largest following, since they believe the Bible are forced to believe that God is a male. Why you ask? Well it is simple, considering that the Bible refers to God as "He" or "Him" in multiple locations. What more does a religious individual need?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Of course men have that presence and in fact is mostly men that give off that presence.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join