It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cover up as to God's gender

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sorry to piss on your bonfire, however, this is 2011, why do people still believe in God's? FFS people

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
No one knows who or what God is, no one. There are many an argument here, and in the minds of uncountable people, generations gone by, and yet to come. There is no need for sex in Heaven and it's not important to expound why, that is simply an expression of the questioners vulgarity and brazenness. God is less comprehensible than the big bang, of which few can understand fully (or even close) the mechanics of it. Try understanding an intelligence that could by speaking, bring all that is forth and into existence. What complexities in even the smallest particle, to the laws that govern the largest bodies. 'Simply thinking it into existence' .......who can even wrap their head around that? To know the properties of everything in existence, and then to form all that so as to interact in harmony. Beyond all of humanity's intelligence. God, I don't think is a woman, there are words from Christ to declare otherwise. You can argue whatever you like about the various translations of the bible, but it can be found in other literature that assert to the correctness of the Bible. There are versions that have been re-written to be utilized by a certain political ideology, but while being promoted, there still existed the Word of God, unadulterated, or in any way miss-translated. There then are many bits of information that would conclude that the Bible or Torah made reference to gender in the masculine. There would be nothing written that would not be clear, even the parables. In the last days it seems men are searching for anything and/or are mocking every ordinance given by Divine Illumination. Some of you post on this topic in the spirit of mockery, others in ignorance, as I started with, No one knows who or what God is, so down through the ages, man has built tangible gods, and re-written the original words of God to suit their purpose. These are frauds, the truth still exists. Just remember one thing... God will not be mocked, and life is fleeting. Frankly, I believe this whole topic just an exercize in foolishness.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
How can so many of you not get the slightest inkling that God is female? The cover up doesn't need to be any longer. This isn't the days written about in history books anymore. Let the wrong know. (no reason given)

god is a SUM of the trinity.

god is not without the holy spirit. OR the resultant 'son'...

there is feminine in the virgin mary (holy spirit) .. and masculine in the father.

the totality of existence .. the "all" is androgynous.

masculinity by itself is impotent. no feminine to contrast it by. both are necessary polarities for the existence of duality and offspring.
the entity of all is androgynous.. both polarities combined.

to think anything else is without analysis and serious pondering.

to cling to the story you were told when you were a toddler .. is to learn nothing new and discover nothing new about the existence of all reality... which is completely ignorant

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That's hillarious. Your whole premise is that the book that declares the existance of God is actually/factually wrong. There, you have nullifyed any basis for the existance of God and have recreated "god" in YOUR own image...simply hillarious...this should be a field day...

I think I'll sit back and watch the mouse preach to the cats...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

And you are basing this all on the assumption that there is a god, correct?
And if there is not?
Then i guess it just doesn't matter whether we think god is a male, female, or a crab.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
The God I know is radically sexual, and full of desire, in an elect's uttermost desireable ways. Do you all even know what this means for the elect when up in paradise? I think you do.

No religion has things 100% right. No book has things 100% right. Just the elect can attain certain things 100% right, let the motherly God provide them.

edit on 17-11-2011 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)

Your motherly God is radically sexual in your uttermost desireable ways? Are you saying that you desire to have "relations" with your mother... I mean... motherly God?

I think Sigmund Freud had something to say about this....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
God still looks male by description and since Jesus is God and God is Jesus he is likely male in his form

Revelation 1

12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,[d] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Text

Daniel 3
The Image of Gold and the Blazing Furnace

25 He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.”

Again he does not look like the daughter of the gods if he was female.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Since God is a Spirit, God has no gender. The angels also have no gender. That is something that's only for our world to procreate. You've are either ignorant or purposefully spreading lies. If it's the latter, why? Stop it. Stop going into fantasy land and stick with reality.
edit on 18-11-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I believe some Angels have gender not sure how the procreate but in Genesis 6 they did and after they produced the Annunaki and the giant races that battled Moses and the Israelites.

In Enoch

Chapter 6:1 it says..

1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters.

2 And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men

3 and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them:

Enoch then continues to discuss a deal he makes with fellow Watchers to all commit the same sin.

(In verse 7, it says that there were 200 chiefs on the summit of Mount Hermon, which is located on the border of Lebanon and Syria and stands over 9,000 feet high. They agreed to come to earth and cohabitate with women. )

These 200 chiefs were each in charge of tens of thousands of other Watchers. So how many fell with them.We do not know, maybe they all did. That would put the number into the hundreds of thousands that fell from heaven and came to earth.

Book of Enoch

Chapter 7

1 And all the others together with them (this indicates their armies did follow them) took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms

2 and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they

3 became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed

4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against

5 them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and

6 fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood (cannibalism). Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

VS

Genesis 6
1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky
reply to post by WarJohn

IMhumbleO we were created in His image. That refers to our spirit energy, the soul, NOT the body. I am amazed at how many people think of Him as a human being! He is way way beyond the human body.

Also, once again, in my humble opion, we refer to 'Him' because in this world we have shaped our culture in such a way that the man, the father is the breadwinner, the provider, the strength. (Though, in modern society this is fast fading.) We refer to Him as male because He is the Father.

God is way way WAAAAAYYYYYY beyond sex.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image after our likeness…

Well since it wasn't only GOD, as described by the use of 'OUR'...i question the entire validity of Christian beliefs about the origins of humanity and the resulting "assessment" of how "good" you were in life and what your fate will be...simply because of the denial of every christian that the word OUR is actually significant and worth exploring...

edit on 17/11/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

"Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image after our likeness…"

You need to study Hebrew the purality of let us make man speaks of the God head Father Son and Holy Ghost. It is Elohim is translated to. There are not a bunch of gods deciding on what to make man as. In the NT it says that in order to bear whittnes there must be more than one person God has followed this rule by being a triune God. The Father is the masculin verb and the Holy Ghost is the femein verb. God is both male and female but without the genitals.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There are those who believe the Source of all life is not truly a conscious personality, but rather a state of pure consciousness unsullied by patterns of self and ego...

Yet, I would remind them...there are two sides to all consciousness, and without consciousness...what does it matter?

The Prime Creator is not just the Creator of the universe but is in fact the Cosmos itself, and so, in accordance with the laws of our paradoxical universe, minae imbuo, the Creator is not just one sex, but both and neither....

The Creator is the Collective and the Individual...

Prime Creator is not just Christ, Satan or Buddha, but is also Freya and Aphrodite, Enki and Isis and all the other Supernals...as well as the angels and the demons...on through to the ghost, specters, shadows...and yes, even the extraterrestrials...right on down to you and me...

And yet, the Prime Creator...is a unique person also...just like you...

The Creator is unfettered unified bliss and yet compounded mind rending chaos all at once...

The Creator is not just the spirits of the wind and sea, but the Supernal Mother mind of our world; the Supernal Father mind of our Sun; the Supernal androgynous “all race” mind of our Galaxy...and the eternal whispering voice(s) of the Source of the Cosom...

So...as I intuit it...yes, the creator is female...

...and yet...sooo much more....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

"Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image after our likeness…"

You need to study Hebrew the purality of let us make man speaks of the God head Father Son and Holy Ghost. It is Elohim is translated to. There are not a bunch of gods deciding on what to make man as. In the NT it says that in order to bear whittnes there must be more than one person God has followed this rule by being a triune God. The Father is the masculin verb and the Holy Ghost is the femein verb. God is both male and female but without the genitals.

yes there are a bunch of gods. the word man there is adam. the translators deliberately put man there instead of adam because they thought adam was one person made by one god. but we see in the very next verse god making adam male and female, etc. in fact, the gods we were created in the image of were male and female, not hermaphrodites, but male gods and female gods. we were created in their images. once the translators made the decision to singularize a plural word, et al, elohim, they then added all the extra words to support that singular for example

So God 430 created 1254 man 120 in his [own] image 6754, in the image 6754 of God 430 created 1254 he him; male 2145 and female 5347 created 1254 he them.

the only words in that verse originally were "God created man image, image God created, male female created.

and the original language says god there is a plural word, elohiym. adam is a plural word! and if that's plural, then so is the rest of the grammar in the sentence! in other words, images is plural, males and females is plural. adam was a race of males and females. this is before the eve. so the verse would read

the gods created the adam images, images the gods created, males females created.

this is evidence that the translators, in order to advance the idea of a singular male deity, made a huge mess of the original language there.

edit on 18-11-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Personally I believe that God is Spirit and transcends sexuality. When I speak of Papa (my name for God) I always see Her as something other than the old bearded white man sitting in the clouds, ready for judgement. He is in my minds eye, a coloured woman who just loves cooking. And She thinks that we are all pretty damn special. If we weren't, Jesus wouldn't have needed to be the sacrifice. But that's another story.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
To be honest subjects like these should not get that much attention, but they do and the better more meaningful ones get no replies, things like this should not be an issue, people should know the basics but the world today is making it harder to have Bible knowledge right across the globe.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
To be honest subjects like these should not get that much attention, but they do and the better more meaningful ones get no replies, things like this should not be an issue, people should know the basics but the world today is making it harder to have Bible knowledge right across the globe.

what do you make of the fact translators put the word "man" (which should've been plural if it's going to be used to refer to more than one person!) where they should've put adam, so that it sounded like a generic title for everyone, but later insist that adam was not the name of females as the first female was eve, which isn't true. the first female was created in the image of some female god as the verse indicates once you remove all the extra words the translators put in the verse.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have to agree with people who have said Gods genderless. It would make no sense if God were a male or female, that would have to mean that he has a gender, therefore has been procreated. There would then be Gods, Goddesses, Demi-Gods and it would basically be a re-run of the Hellenic religion (which the Romans copied so well). Although most of the images of God and the angels are by artists using the Hellenic gods as a template. That image people have of a man with a big white beard is Zeus.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
We have both a Father and a Mother, Father is the Light, the Unmoved Mover, the Infinite Mind, the Sun, the Universe, the All. He is the One who Holds All Within himself, all is he. The Mother is the Emotionality, Passion, Earth, Moon, the Great Interceptor. She is the one who will come with a powerful energy when asked. Prima Mobilia.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Actually Adama means The first human ever to walk the earth was named Adam. The Torah explains the name. The Hebrew word for earth is adama. God formed man from the dust of the earth, and on the simplest level, that connection with adama, earth, is the basis for man's name.

There is still only one God big letter g and there are many little letter g's and the little letter g's did not create man.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
reply to post by undo

Actually Adama means The first human ever to walk the earth was named Adam. The Torah explains the name. The Hebrew word for earth is adama. God formed man from the dust of the earth, and on the simplest level, that connection with adama, earth, is the basis for man's name.

There is still only one God big letter g and there are many little letter g's and the little letter g's did not create man.

there was no case, upper or lower, in hebrew. the only way to tell there's a supreme head of a divine council, in those passages is if you add words that weren't there to begin with. originally, "he him" and "he them" wasn't there.
it doesn't matter what adam meant in this example, what i'm trying to say is the text originally said adam was created by elohim (both of which are plural words) to create male female. so the first female was called adam too, in fact, it was a race called adam. the eve doesn't come along till later and she's identified differently due to her procreative abilities. how did they replenish the earth before they could procreate? answer: they were cloned in the images of the gods, males and females. but they were sterile

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join