The cover up as to God's gender

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't believe that God actually has a gender, but, would like to state...

the earliest versions of a "God" are FEMALE...
long before the bible was written, matter of fact, the story of the garden of eden, the tree of life, it has been suggested was some of the first propaganda out there, used to dethrone the goddesses, and level their groves, in order to give more power to the new patriarchal societies that began to sping up!!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Hi Don't

How do you get HAYYAH (or HAYYIM - 'lives') out of HAV VAH ('talker' )?

Do you not know that there is a GIANT difference between the 2 paleoHeb consonants YOD and a VAV?

HAYYAH v. HAV VAH

Have you seriously thought about taking a basic paleoHebrew course? At least that way you might be able to post a sensible INFORMATIVE link that actually is germane to this argument (hint: your posted link / quotes are quite irrelavent to the facts of this matter) - or at least one that knows the difference between a YOD and a VAV !!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I remember a few years ago listening to a group of Negroes claiming Jesus was a black man, they at least had some very good evidence unlike the OP.
Its interesting to note at this point I couldnt care any less what colour Jesus was. I am more concerned with his mission of salvation for those who ask and have faith.
Bit like this thread. Who gives a toss.
Though the fact that God being a female, then would conotate a male partner, and that would suggest paganism not Christianity.
An Earth mother. Time to find a tree to hug

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Have you seriously thought about taking a basic paleoHebrew course? At least that way you might be able to post a sensible INFORMATIVE link that actually is germane to this argument (hint: your posted link / quotes are quite irrelavent to the facts of this matter) - or at least one that knows the difference between a YOD and a VAV !!

I don't see how this is relevant to the post i made. I simply referred to the fact of Chava being related to the word for life.

Go brag about your knowledge of paleo-hebrew to someone who cares.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
God's gender is conclusive proof there is no God!

Since God is omnipotent there is no need for him/her/it to reproduce therefore there is no need for gender.

The only point of gender, without procreation, is pleasure which means there has to be two God's, but we are led to believe there is and can can only be one.

Both of which means any God is genderless. However, since all books, writings, beliefs etc insist on gender (either one!) all books, writings and beliefs about God are wrong. Since everything about God is wrong, there is no God as proved by the believers.

Thanks for inadvertently proving what I already know.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Silly anthropomorphizing person.

It's from sacred geometry:

God the father because of the masculine principle represented as points and lines
there is also Goddess present at creation, representing the feminine principle represented as a sphere and curves.

There is no cover up aside from Christians who insist that God is a human looking man only bigger sitting up in heaven.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Interesting post, its irrational to claim anything for sure and it also depends about your definition of god.

I would hope that god would be far greater than a man or a woman, since we classify man or woman by reproductive organs and God does not have a physical body i think is ignorant to classify God as such or you could say that God is everything so he is any gender possible in existence and everything else all together.

I do not like how "Holy books" depict God, its a bit delusional to think that whatever created this Universe in all its grandness and beautiful glory is a man or woman.
edit on 17-11-2011 by CesarO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

What a bunch of incoherent nonsense. Is this a serious post, or are you just trying to push people's buttons ?
Go back and start over...or not.
FAIL

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have thought about this over the past few years, God is a combination of both genders, The Holy Spirit is a Female, and Jesus is a Male. If you really think about it God can become on or the other genders to fit what a person needs to see/believe.

The Holy Spirit is too graceful to not be a female. Males are just too clumsy to make me believe that the she is a male. Think about it the next time you truly listen to God.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

we only have gender to be able to multiply..The source is neither male nor female it is both just as both male and female humans are both..Imagine a welding stick,OK..The source is the stick and we are the sparks coming off the stick..
edit on 17-11-2011 by earthship35 because: wrong word

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

lol....yeah it doesnt work that way, thanks for playing anyways.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Not another "God is female" post. Its says literally hundreds and hundreds of times that God is the heavenlyFather. Yeshua ha Meshiach is God in person and Yeshua (Jesus the Christ) said "if you have seen me, you have seen the FATHER" and "I and my FATHER are one" etc.

Yeshua being God incarnate is a male not a female.

John 14:8-10) 8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” 9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

No God is not a female.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Not another "God is female" post. Its says literally hundreds and hundreds of times that God is the heavenlyFather. Yeshua ha Meshiach is God in person and Yeshua (Jesus the Christ) said "if you have seen me, you have seen the FATHER" and "I and my FATHER are one" etc.

Yeshua being God incarnate is a male not a female.

John 14:8-10) 8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” 9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

No God is not a female.

What he said, god is not female.. move along people

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
if god is in fact, a female, as you say...then all the depictions of her indicate she needs a shave.....bad!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
did it ever mention he was human either?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Nothing is everything, But Everything is not nothing.

1st law
The Law of Gender
“Gender is in everything; everything has its Masculine and Feminine Principles; Gender manifests on all planes.”

www.virtualsynapses.com... aws-in-hermetic.html

Knowledge is the father, Wisdom is the mother; Understanding is the son

Since nothing is a song to which no one listens. and the knowledge speaks for the wise to listen and take in all of it, until one understands the knowledge of wisdom and the knowledge of truth making it all in the mind, completing a world within worlds of worlds that 7 laws govern making the 7 circles of hell and 7 heavens both having six directions but only 5 ways out of to move Because if everywhere you look can be up then what is down really lies within one and all that is without one above it;or below it
Which 1 know its The One and not a tenth (1.1) : (1;1) which point sees one way and winks the other making all the other1s less then or negative to 1 since its stuck looking ( : ) = ( 0 ) - ( 0 ) between two Zeros/ 2 points one way looking for the point of a point never seeing 2 Zeros the same since 1 Point is always different ( . ] : { ; )

"Maybe our world is but one note upon the mind and played throughout making our life simply living within the fading of a soulful song one note, that which seeing cannot describe, nor listening can all be heard but in feeling can every note be understood in the songs sung to all composing one note, born a new from within, its own vibrations that make realization within it all, just a part of one immortal soulful song"- KHM
edit on 18-11-2011 by IblisLucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

How exactly does God, a Spirit, have a gender? Especially considering gender is determined by the father, so who is God's father??

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky
reply to post by WarJohn

IMhumbleO we were created in His image. That refers to our spirit energy, the soul, NOT the body. I am amazed at how many people think of Him as a human being! He is way way beyond the human body.

Also, once again, in my humble opion, we refer to 'Him' because in this world we have shaped our culture in such a way that the man, the father is the breadwinner, the provider, the strength. (Though, in modern society this is fast fading.) We refer to Him as male because He is the Father.

God is way way WAAAAAYYYYYY beyond sex.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image after our likeness…

Well since it wasn't only GOD, as described by the use of 'OUR'...i question the entire validity of Christian beliefs about the origins of humanity and the resulting "assessment" of how "good" you were in life and what your fate will be...simply because of the denial of every christian that the word OUR is actually significant and worth exploring...

In the Bible the words for God used are plural and always used in the singular. It's technically a grammatical error. In Hebrew, adding the "im" ending to a noun makes it plural. "Cherub" singular, "cherubim" plural. "Seraph" singular, "seraphim" plural. "El" singular, "Elohim" plural. However, anywhere "Elohim" is used it's in the singular context. This is just another glimpse at the triune nature of God. "Tri" = three, "inity" = unity.

Three is one.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
What I never get is why people think that anything divine has genitals.

I understand like - understanding male and female and seeing divinity represented by one or the other, as passive or active - you know, the traits.

But the idea that GOD must have breasts or not have breasts or must have a womb or a big WHATEVER - cause you know, that's just weird to me. It's kinda perverted.

God is supposed to be infinite, according to the 'good book.' Alpha AND omega...in OUR image we created THEM- whatever. It is there, in the 'good book' if you look - but if you really think past the PRONOUNS because that's all it is - a bunch of pronouns some preacher used repeatedly to talk about "GOD" to you - and in fact, in order to LIMIT your CONCEPT of God- Who cares? Come on. He SHE IT Who CARES?

Because if you have an infinite God, and you go down the gender road - then "GOD" if male, is never female. Uh oh, you got a paradox there, because that's not INFINITE if it is LIMITED.

And we talk around it and talk around it. Male. Female. Caring and Nurturing. Creative and Forceful. Male. Female.

It's so funny, because to me - what I know about the divine - you've ignored the one thing that describes God best - PARADOX - It's somewhere in your head when the paradox leaves you dazed and confused that you finally get a small grasp of just how GREAT DIVINE PROVIDENCE is....and you know what they say
"The Lord Giveth, and the Lord Taketh Away"

par·a·dox   (dictionary.com)
noun
a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth.
a self-contradictory and false proposition.
any person, thing, or situation exhibiting an apparently contradictory nature.
an opinion or statement contrary to commonly accepted opinion.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
It does not matter if you think of God as a father or a mother, because God, as your sole creator, can be regarded as both. So God does not have a gender.

Humans procreate by a union of male with a female. God does not procreate. God creates with his power. There is a difference here. The first humans were directly created by God - body from elements, and everlasting soul entered such bodies. Afterwards humans were born by procreation.

The first of everything - a human to a bacteria was created by God. These creatures were given power of procreation by God. So the next generation came by procreation.

God should not be considered lustful. God has no lust. God does not take birth either as a human or any other lifeform. Lust is in humans, or animals. The desire for copulation was created by God, so that these creatures can create offsprings. 'Sex' is a natural desire and function of human and animal bodies. However controlling this desire is important for humans to progress spiritually.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join