It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York submerged in the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well I made a mistake by pushing the wrong key on my PC...

Ok I found this article about climate change affecting NYC and it's not funny:

he report warns that, under global warming conditions, Irene-like storms of the future could put a third of New York City streets under water and flood many of the tunnels leading into Manhattan in less than an hour.

It's a study made by scholars at Cornell University. Probably something we already know, but now it's backed by a scientific research:

More than 50 scientists worked three years to complete the study, which is intended to send a wake-up call to residents, urban planners, water resource managers and businesses with a simple message: New York must begin now to adapt to a warming climate over the coming decades.

link

Well, let's start preparations....

Peace,

Hundroid
edit on 17-11-2011 by Hundroid because: wrong key pushed

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What about building walls around new york. There was a book called the wind up girl and in the background all the worl'ds major cities such New Orleans, New York are flooded with the exception of Bangkok which havea large wall to prevent flooding.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

The nay-sayers will claim the 50 scientists are liars who doctored their findings, then citing other researchers who claim global warming, future climate predictability is all a pack of lies.

With all the self interest relating to most everything these days the general public is left scratching their heads wondering who or what to believe. All the while the rich get richer and the average guy on the street keeps buying electronic toys, new gas guzzling behemoths, drugs, booze, loose women, bigger this, faster that, etc. to dull the pain of life !!!

As Popeyes used to say "I wonders what the poor people are doing?"

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

Too bad there is no human caused global warming.
My prediction is that global temperatures will fall over the next 10-20 years.

Anyone who researched the past will discover that such warming periods are most likely natural, since this has happened time and time again over the last thousands of years and the current warming period coincidence with a grand solar maximum that has not been matched since 8000~ years ago.

If you look at the trend for last thousands of years then it looks like we are moving towards a ice age.

What we are experiencing now is nothing more than weather, since climate cycles work in cycles that last for decades-century.

top topics

join