It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS: Capt Ray Lewis Joins OWS Protest,Gives Message to NYPD and Slams The Greed 1% from Zuccotti

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

So He's not your "typical" Media Portrayed protester??

What's going on?

He talks of "getting rid of corporate America" and "watching every transaction they make"

Wise words...

They also interviewed a woman earlier (At Wall Street Protest), extremely well spoken, whose father worked for Lehman Brothers and was there because a few people got very rich out of that and her father got screwed.
In fact, it was very, very mixed bunch of people who were there protesting, and not like anything that the opponents of this movement make it out to be.

Strange that huh?

Retired Philadelphia Police Captain Ray Lewis was in Zuccotti Park last night with the Occupy Wall Street protesters. Mr. Lewis showed up in uniform carrying signs a pair of signs imploring New York City cops to join the protests. “NYPD Don’t Be Wall Street Mercenaries,” one read.

Mr. Lewis was interviewed on one of the Occupy Wall Street livestreams at about two this morning. He was sharply critical of the NYPD’s conduct during their raid on the protest encampment Tuesday. “This bullrush–what happened last night is totally uncalled for,” Mr. Lewis said.

A Philadelphia Police Department spokesperson confirmed to the Observer that Mr. Lewis was a captain prior to retiring in 2004. He was photographed at the protests yesterday afternoon as demonstrators ringed Zuccotti Park in the wake of their eviction.

Mr. Lewis clearly doesn’t think the NYPD likes him, but he told the protesters he doesn’t think cops are their enemy.

“All the cops are, they’re just workers for the one percent and they don’t even realize they’re being exploited,” Mr. Lewis said.

www.observer.com...
edit on 17/11/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/11/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Does anyone know if he actually got arrested? I read it somewhere but didn't know accurate it was

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Well It's almost impossible to find a MSM source even discussing this (no surprise there) so I'm not sure.
There are a few but yeah... not quite sure yet.

Good on him though,

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

OK here's the footage, he DID get arrested

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Wonder how those Officers feel arresting one of their own!

Just shows how much influence the Greedy bankers financial institutions have over the Police in the USA

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

She was interviewed on Sky News.
, is not like Sky News to interview someone who slams the Banks

A Turning point in the Protests with Officers comming out in support of the Protests now!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

That's what I saw her on.... she was a decent, "normal" woman... I liked her.
Good for her man, more and more people are getting pissed off and this can only get bigger.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Well with all the crack downs on the protest camps. The Elite are becoming worried as far as I am concerned.

And wow in Athens Thousands out on the streets.

The more the T.P.T.B. try and stifle protests and freedom of speech, the more these protests are going to increase. And the more coverage these protests receive the more legitimacy they become also.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

\Just shows how much influence the Greedy bankers financial institutions have over the Police in the USA

Influence?
INFLUENCE!?!?!

That's like saying the my paycheck has alot of "influence" over whether or not the bank reposesses my car.

Influence my ass.
They are the ONLY factor, not ONE of the factors.

The corporations flat out OWN the police.
You are just now getting to see it in your face for the first time.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

"Go Captain America!" Bump!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Same thing, as owning the Police, Influencing the police authorities, police policy's and their actions so it is not your butt as you put it and stop using foul language.

Seems you are criticizing my opinion although the comments are the same as yours

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Curious, why didn't he take his stand at OWS Philly? Imagine how torn former co-workers would be in having to arrest him for taking a stand?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by Screwed

stop using foul language.

Are you serious?
Hell no I won't stop using foul language.
What are you, the speech police?
You're out of your goddamned mind if you thing you have big enough balls to stifle my speech.
This mentality is the reason we are in this mess to begin with.
Go ahead and taddle on me to the mods and see if you can get them to do your dirty work for you.

Seems you are criticizing my opinion although the comments are the same as yours

I'm actually not criticizing your opinion at all, I just "ultra" agree with you.
I think I agree with you more than you agree with yourself.
Relax and take your meds, it's all going to be ok.
This is no time for us to turn on eachother.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

The mods here pick and choose who they choose to stifle and who they don't. One day you get a message about a 'rule' you broke but everyone else is doing the same thing and not getting their hand slapped for it. I have had it happen here repeatedly.

I did a search for Captain Ray Lewis arrested and it did not show up so I started a thread. It has since been closed down because in the middle of this thread -which the title says nothing about the man being arrested- is a post about him being arrested. Surely one isn't required to read through all the posts on the board before they start a thread! Closing my thread down makes about as much sense as putting all the BP threads in to one big thread-hey-they are all about BP!

I admire Captain Lewis for stanidng up for the people of the US-the people he was paid to protect and defend!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

"Watch 'Inside Job' Then Join Us"

That's an awesome sign. One thing I hate is the name of that documentary though, because whenever I bring it up, people assume I'm talking about 9/11 and it's a real turn-off.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
Curious, why didn't he take his stand at OWS Philly? Imagine how torn former co-workers would be in having to arrest him for taking a stand?

Star for you as I was going to ask the very same question. Great minds I suppose...

I'm glad to see individuals placed (formerly placed) high in the LEO power structure speaking their mind and standing up for what is right. I don't agree with everything espoused by the OWS movement, but one thing I think we can all agree on is that the system is broken and it needs to be fixed.

I find it interesting that he was tying 9/11 into his protest. His one sign about watching Inside Job (similar to Loose Change? IDK, I've never seen it.) has me thinking that he's one smart cookie. Divide and conquer remember? He was probably thinking that if he can get the street cops to turn against those who he feels were responsible for 9/11, then they will side with the protesters and refuse to follow unlawful orders. I think I heard him mention Oath Keepers in there a couple of times too.

ETA: Just saw this above me after I posted.

Originally posted by TupacShakur

"Watch 'Inside Job' Then Join Us"

That's an awesome sign. One thing I hate is the name of that documentary though, because whenever I bring it up, people assume I'm talking about 9/11 and it's a real turn-off.

If it's not 9/11 (You're right, that's exactly what I thought when I heard the title) what's the movie about? Link?

ETA 2nd: NVM. I found it:

Inside Job is a 2010 documentary film about the late-2000s financial crisis directed by Charles H. Ferguson. The film is described by Ferguson as being about "the systemic corruption of the United States by the financial services industry and the consequences of that systemic corruption."[3] In five parts, the film explores how changes in the policy environment and banking practices helped create the financial crisis. Inside Job was well received by film critics who praised its pacing, research, and exposition of complex material. WIKI - INSIDE JOB

edit on 11/17/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
All the protesters are just jobless hippies. No one likes them. They're just a bunch of lazy kids who have NO experience in the real world. Just a bunch of liberal Communists that hate America. This movement is fake, it's a billionaire conspiracy!

Lol.... NOT! Obviously not, we have this guy who is obviously not any of those things as well a pretty big showing of military veterans. Only the gullible who don't think for themselves believe the above statements.

Occupy HAS reached critical mass, that's why after 2 months, its not slowing down, it is still slowly but surely growing! Just watch the live feeds, there is no stopping it. People are all there for their own reasons, many just hate the military industrial complex, many are not progressives, many are progressive, many want to end the fed, some think taxing the rich is the solution, some don't think more taxes are the answer, some just want insider traders out of congress. Oh, but we all want revolution!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Funny... one more source (that's about 5 now) has picked up on this story.

www.globalpost.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

He must be a dirty hippie. Just joking by the way.

I wonder how long people are going to claim that OWS has no goal or meaning. Will they believe that it's all hippies for ever?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth4Thought

People only see and hear what they want..

You can't even just blame the MSM for this, people can watch live feed, watch youtube videos... there are many ways to see that these global protests are made up of every single type of person, from all walks of life and financial situations.

Unfortunately, most people who bash these protests and are constantly attacking them, have an agenda.... they don't want CHANGE.... change is scary.... new things are scary, they like things the same... even if the same means bad, that's ok because they are the same.

Sad but true...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join