It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids coming up with odd things, need your thoughts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixie777
reply to post by brokedown

My son has been talking about the moon, he is not sure, he says, it just looks wrong, he can't lay his finger on what exactly is wrong, other than it went down in the East then came back up within minutes
yes I was with him, not facing the moon, and he was just talking to me about random stuff, watching the moon, when he suddenly stops talking and says, "umm the moon is going down" normally I would say, yes, that happens, but he was facing East, so I turned around and looked, yes, the moon was going down, and then not going completely down, came back up. I didn't even want to mention that part, that is just too weird for me to wrap my head around. It's the second time that the moon did this weird thing. The first time was the beginning of the year, when the moon came up in the east, then moved north, stopped, and when we looked again, it was in it's normal place. I don't know how to wrap my head around it, I watched it too. It's just too wrong.

OH NO NOT THE MOON MOVING AGAIN!!! Sorry it had to be said. That and Pictures or it didn't happen. Funny thing about the moon is it does move around a lot but the funny thing is it is normal. What is also normal is our perceptions of the moon changes. Here is an example Look at the moon at either rise or set and then when it is straight overhead guess what it is now smaller! WHAT THE MOON GOT SMALLER? Well no...not really it only appears to be if you take your thumb and hold it over it it is the same size it was a rise or set. But our perception is that it is larger at rise or set and smaller in between. Same goes for a rise and a repeat set...YEP because of location it can appear to have risen only too set again (especially in wooded or mountain areas). But it is only perception I assure you if you stayed still and viewed it, it would rise normally. If it doesn't I would love to see video of that!

I watch the moon a lot and it has never done that but maybe I am not special

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Kids being kids....
More than likely watched something on the moron box (TV)...you dont sit your kids in front of it for hours on end do you??
If everyone were to take their kids seriously about these things, the world would be a very strange place. Kids are kids are kids. They have wild imaginations.

The world/universe IS a strange place. We just happen to find ourselves here on a ball floating around a fire ball floating around a ball that sucks even light in, floating around whatever else we can't fathom right now. And we have no real idea how we got here. Except by what has been imagined from incomplete bits of information, and subsequently verified, for now, till something new is noticed and a new perspective is imagined. Not to mention the precious thing we hold tightest too called life is sustained by the death and eating of those who came before.

Existing at all is quite strange if you really get down to it. Then start exploring your consciousness and "where do the things I think come from?" just as a basic starting point... and any sane person starts to realize there isn't anything that *isn't* strange. Only things we've gotten "used" to. Much of what we consider "normal" today (actually everything) was wild imagination in the past.

I say the world is mostly run by "Adults being Adults" right now, and we could use more kids being kids.

Interesting stories OP. Thanks for sharing.

Namaste!
edit on 17-11-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm just going to throw this out there....

Don't go demonizing me for saying this, for I'm not saying this is the absolute truth by any means....

a little history
www.sonstoglory.com...
Virgo(virgin mary) Venus(jesus) the moon and all the fun stuff....

Now, Revelations...

Connection through astronomy, Jesus being born out of the virgin mary, while the moon is at her feet(she walks on the moon), and the dragon waiting to consume her children(man-child)
www.inthatday.net...

Now, i know, i know elenin was a joke as far as doomsday and all that fun stuff... Yet, I always held the understanding that it is like a time marker, rather than an actual object of influence....

So when you read the link, don't think that Elinen is what it's all about, because it's not... but i would have to say the astronomy and the stories that go with it and the bible almost 100% mimic what you have posted...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The reference to bubbles sounds like something from the movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still". The new one not the old one. The other reference, about the adults being eaten and the whispering voices, reminds me of something from the movie "Knowing". It's possible that there could have been a program on television that made reference to both of these movies and the children have some how mashed it together into one story.

Edit: It's also not unusual to hear faint vocal patterns in background noise from electrical and mechanical devices. These patterns would sound like people whispering in a foreign language. the brain interprets the sound as speech but the words make no sense.
edit on 11/17/2011 by GeistMelange because: (no reason given)

Edit: I missed the "home school" thing. But still the similarities to movies are there.
edit on 11/17/2011 by GeistMelange because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Even if you. Clicked the thread immediately after it was created, which is not very likely, more than likely at least one minute passed, but even if you did, I don't believe you read the whole story AND typed your reply and hit send all within four minutes. Especially based on the content of your responses. She home schools her child and no tv is allowed, yet your first question is does she sit her kid in front of the idiot box for "hours on end". I think maybe its YOU who has had too many hours in front of the idiot box as a developing child. Either that, or your mom dropped you on your head too many times. Either that or you didn't read the whole post. Maybe in your case it was a mixture of all three with a dash of cynicism and arrogance thrown in for good measure. You've just been pwned, now please leave and do not return until you've had a sufficient amount of time to think about what you did, find forgiveness for your mother, and stop taking it out on the rest of us and stop pretending you know everything, and allow people to do what people come here to do: speculate on the unknown and share their ideas. Yes, your ideas are just as welcome as the next but you need to learn to present them in a respectful manner and not a dismissive, condescending one.

And I, for one, think that the world would be a much better place if we took everything children say seriously. Maybe that's the type of world the dragon intends to make way for...

To the op: Thanks for sharing this interesting story. I love to hear anything from the untainted minds of children and can't wait to have some of my own.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The Dovahkiin is back!!
The Dragons are returning!

Sorry, I've been playing too much Skyrim, that's not meant to make fun of you OP. I believe your story.
And I think it means something. Symbolic or literal? Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Interesting post OP. I can't help but think that "the Dragon beside the moon" is the constellation of Draco, and could be a reference to a place in the sky/cosmos, just a thought.
Many cultures reference Dragons in their mythology. Chinese mythology describes both lunar and solar eclipses as being the moon/sun being swallowed by a Dragon, symbolically Chinese Dragons also represented the power of water and disasters such as floods were attributed to a disgruntled Dragon. In ancient Persia (Iraq) Dragons were believed to eat humans and were feared entities.
Just some ideas for you to consider.

I am fascinated by children who come out with inexplicable and often cryptic stuff. My little girl from the day she could talk, would often refer to myself and my partner 'in the time before'. She maintained that once before now she was our mother and we were both her children and she looked after us. She used to state this in a very matter of fact way which fascinated us. We never made a fuss over it or encouraged or discouraged her from talking about anything and she has always been a happy intelligent little person (she is 6 now).

You could keep a diary and write down any odd things the kids might say and when they are said,it would help build up a clearer picture if anything they will be interesting to show them when they have grown up.

Some good advice in the replies, keep an open mind and the most important thing for a child is to feel that they can speak freely to their parent about anything that is on their minds, their hopes and fears are often expressed in the most surprising ways that may not always be obvious but that bond of trust and reassurance is priceless and childhood is so fleeting and so precious.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

That's really interesting. My youngest daughter often talks about that kind of stuff as well. "Before I was born HERE." She emphasizes. And is very serious. She talks about life as if she has already lived it. I listen and converse, but try not to feed into too much stuff like that because in all honesty, it freaks me out.
But she acts as if she knows how her older siblings were when they were younger (before she was born). She seems to know little details about how things were when I was younger as well. Chalk it up to being extremely observant. Who knows really. But it's interesting.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Have you seen the Nicolas Cage Movie KNOWING? The kids end up getting into a bubble like craft and all the creatures of the earth are protected from death by bubbles, but the adults die. interesting if a coincidence.

If the kids somehow saw any of this movie it would really scare them. The people who took them away were not dragons however.

it is really amazing how children pass things along between them or hear others talk and make it their own. I would start to worry if we start seeing kids all over the world saying this.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
OK, not really related, but made me think of the Jabberwocky - I love that poem! [Lewis Carroll]

www.jabberwocky.com...

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixie777

I believe the kids were told something or showed something. Some aliens look like dragons (or so I have read)., especially those that live in the 4 corner area of the southwest US. They have very scary teeth. Some aliens like human blood. They do not like the taste of blood when a human eats chocolate (Project Camelot interview). Some aliens feed off human emotions both positive and negative (Project Camelot has the first 3 or 4 issues of an alien newsletter in the section that lists people who have died for truth).

I heard a whisper type voice that I couldn't quite understand. Eventually I understood words as I focused on the whisper. I saw an angel/ an alien. He was beautiful and certainly not human. No wings - he glowed - I heard him talk to me but someone next to me did not hear him even though she saw him also.

I had a Spiritual Director once who told me to "put on the armor of God" by visualizing a bubble of white light surrounding me and by asking God to surround me with his armor. Sorry I can't spell.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You never really can control or be aware of EVERYthing your child sees, although you may think so. My young kids went to see Mr. Popper's Penguins for a birthday party at a theatre about a month ago. Then a couple days later I started hearing some "interesting" stories.

Seems the theatre staff accidently started the wrong movie (Bridesmaids, rated R) and the little kids watched it for about ?20 minutes before the 'supervising adults' finally told someone.... and no one told the other little kid's parents.

Yes, I did call the theatre, who had been mortified over the incident, blah blah blah.... changing policies, blah, blah, blah... but the point is, no one told the parents what their kids witnessed (I personally never saw the movie, so maybe the beginning isn't too bad, dunno) - unless you are awake with your kids 24/7 (which seems pretty unhealthy in itself) you never really know everything they have observed in life.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixie777

Your kids are not totally isolated from other kids though are they? Do they have friends who are allowed to watch TV and whose parents watch movies around them etc?

Also you are on ATS so presumably you discuss stuff from here on the phone with your friend and with your husband. Sometimes kids over hear things you don't realize from here and there.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixie777
reply to post by nerbot

I don't know, I haven't really considered that the moon might play a role in this, the little boy was very specific and emphatic, not the man IN the moon, the dragon NEXT to the moon. Like he wanted to make sure they get it right like it was important. So I haven't really considered the moon, although the moon is odd, I somehow don't think this is connected.

Someone may have pointed out Draco the Dragon Star cluster to the boy...hearing it called Dragon may have worried him.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

My childeren ARE special.
They can actually think outside of the box.
You should try it sometime.

Just for the sake of asking, are you a parent??

This is the attitude, from parents, my wife has to deal with constantly. She is an acredited art teacher of junior high and now elementary age children. She is an excellent parent to 2 well adjusted, well mannered, life loving, caring, high I.Q. now adults. (sorry to go on with the descriptors but felt it necassary to quite any acusations pertaining to her parenting skills) They are my kids too!
Today's generation is know as the "little emperors" spoiled, coddled, defended beyond reason. They never are wrong, never told no and always told how "special" they are. They win trophys for nothing. Play sports where no score is kept (to avoid hurt feelings and the perception of not being "special".
Home schooling further isolates this generation limiting contact with the world outside mom's control. With no contact with diverse ideas and thoughts they will have a hard time finding it confortable in the big wide world. They will ultimately expect the rest of society to accomodate them. Just like their parents did.

Look out world!
edit on 17-11-2011 by grubblesnert because: I'm a bad speller

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
When my son was almost three I was getting him ready for a nap....he liked to sleep in Mom's big bed...for his naps and I would sit out on the balcony; play the guitar and sing him lullabies.

Anyway.... he was in a good mood trying to do somersaults on the bed....he then stopped got a very serious look on his face....gasped and pointed to a corner of the room....I asked him what was going on...and he laughed with glee and said: "Jesus tells the monsters to go away!...and they go away!" He then laughed some more and laid down to sleep. I had never told him this.

Maybe your child and the other children are having some sort of future vision....that we as adults need to be prepared for...maybe they are trying to protect and warn their parents. Of course this is speculation on my part.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Honestly my opinion is that the child was probably sleeping or in a near sleep state or coming out of being asleep.

BUT I must say it is strange that this similar thing has happened to me twice I heard someone say my name and it sounded as if they were speaking through a fan and another time I heard hello this being only a year or so ago.
I always wrote it off as weird and a sleep thing but it is interesting to know someone else experienced something like this none the less.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
When my brother was a kid he played with 2 imaginary creatures , usually under the bed. they were like dwarfs but green-ish, goblins i guess if there is such a thing. He remembers them to this day clearly, he says they always tried to convince him to 'go with them' somewhere, he always said no. They had cruel intentions deep down.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
my daughter at 3 and half year old constantly played with messy things and to most people she was being creative, which is good sign of intelligence but to me i was stressed she would stop and was wasting all my cosmetics toiletries and food so when tried to get a good reason for it she told me it was something in her head.

she also tells stories when she is half a sleep about when she was a boy from a young age to 19 she is only 13 so shes got stories of speeding how to fix cars and has come from where

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Kids being kids....
More than likely watched something on the moron box (TV)...you dont sit your kids in front of it for hours on end do you??
If everyone were to take their kids seriously about these things, the world would be a very strange place. Kids are kids are kids. They have wild imaginations.

or

Demons/Aliens/Ghosts
(which i think most will lean towards on here)
edit on 17-11-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

You clearly did not read the OPs full post before posting.
But hey you got the first post. Facepalm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join