It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids coming up with odd things, need your thoughts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Quite frankly, I don't know where to put this, I don't even know what to make of it, but it's starting to freak me out just a bit.

I have a friend, she lives quite a drive away, so we mostly talk on the phone about once a week, this is a normal thing for us, it's just how we catch up and stay up to date with what's happening in each others' lives. That's not the point of this post however
It's about a conversation we had about a month ago.

What happened was, her hubby was away for work, she was alone with their 7 yr old at home, and the little one was sleeping in mom's bed, when dad's away this the norm for them. She said, her daughter kind of freaked her out; she was sleeping already, my friend was reading a book in the lounge, it was very late, her daughter came through and told her, that the fan in the room was making a funny noise. She got up, checked, couldn't find anything wrong or hear anything strange, so she just adjusted the curtains in case that is what's causing the strange noise, not that the curtain was actually against the fan or even close enough to make a noise. Little one went back to sleep and that, she thought was that.

The next day however, and what happened was far from my friends' mind, when her daughter suddenly starts talking about the fan and the strange noise it was making, she said that it sounded like someone was speaking through the fan, you know like when you stand in front of a fan and speak it makes your voice sound funny, but she said, it was like whispering, and she couldn't understand what it was saying. My friend figured her daughter must have been dreaming, and left it at that, because there's nobody else in the house.

Two days later, hubby is back they're not asleep yet, but in bed talking, not even about this, as I said, my friend just wrote it off as a dream the daughter had, when suddenly they start hearing this whispering like somebody is talking through the fan, also, can't make out what it's saying. Needless to say, very weird, both of them could clearly hear it, and there's nothing there that could be doing it. You know how it is though, this happens, it makes no sense, you didn't understand what was said, if something was being said, there really is not much information, it was weird, and they left it at that, thinking there must be a logical explanation for it, and they'll figure it out eventually.

The following week, her daughter wakes up middle of the night kind of thing, and she is hysterical, she talking about the dragon that is coming and it's going to eat the people. She phoned me in the middle of the night, asking what she can do to calm her child down. No phone calls between 9PM and 9AM are a general taboo between us, so this was definitely not normal. She only has the one child, so she was really very worried about her daughter, obviously. It took about an hour, eventually got little one to calm down again. She would since then every now and again, bring up the dragon, my friend is playing it down however, because, well, it must have just been a nightmare, right? So she's not going to encourage it, but also not be dismissive, just playing it down.

Last week, my own daughter 8, suddenly shows up at my room door, saying she's alone, she can't sleep. My daughter never sleeps with us, if she wakes up in the night, she goes to her brother's room, he has a sleeper couch in there, and she'd just crash there if she woke up from a bad dream, but this rarely happens, she's been sleeping on her own since she was about 3, and it's never been a problem. Her going to her brother's room in the middle of the night, is a very rare thing. She says that dad snores, so she doesn't want to sleep in our room
Ok so you understand, that her coming to my room is very much abnormal, especially with her reason, she says she's alone, she's never had a problem with sleeping by herself in her own room. I make her a make-shift bed in my room, and happily she's back off to dreamland. Problem is, I can't get her out, she wont' go back, she says, she wakes up, and she's alone. I'm not too concerned about it, because, this isn't the norm for her, and it's probably just something she's going through, she might just need a little bit of extra security. I don't have a problem with that and will give her what she needs, for as long as she needs it.

Last Saturday, my friend had to go to a wedding, during the reception, her and hubby walked outside, and sat down, it was hot and stuffy, and they just wanted some air. They walked out quite a bit, and were just sitting on the grass talking. A little boy, she says they don't know him from nowhere, probably about 5, a child of one of the guests, marches up to them where they were sitting, and emphatically tells them to come inside, because it's not safe for them outside, they are being watched. When asked who is watching them, he says, not the man IN the moon, the dragon NEXT to the moon he is coming to eat the adults. Obviously there's the dragon thing again, my friend finds the mother, and just vaguely inquires about this dragon business, and says that he must have been talking to her own little one, no, says the mom, he started that about a month ago, she thought he was picking up from TV or a game or something. The thing is, my friend and I both do home-schooling with our kids, and they are not allowed to watch TV, they have their DVD's which has been pre-watched by ourselves, and games are always educational. No-where are there dragons in the equation. She left it at that, but didn't tell the mom, that her daughter doesn't play games or watch anything that has dragons in it.

When my hubby was a teen, and a surfer, he once got bitten by a shark on the thigh, it left a scar. It's been very hot lately, and we're actually in the middle of a heat wave and last night hubby put on some shorts after work, when he came upstairs, my daughter for the first time sees this scar, & becomes hysterical, talking about something that's coming to eat the adults. Then she starts talking about that we MUST find the bubbles, we must go in the bubbles, because they can't be broken, so if you are inside you are safe. Hubby and I looked at her, listening to this, and after we got her to calm down again, he asked me, where did she get that from? What is she talking about? what bubbles? I don't have a cooking clue. This comes as a surprise to me too.

Ok, so there you have it, as I said, when this all started I thought, just kids imagination, dreams and so forth, now I'm not so sure, it's weird, and I don't know what to make of it, 3 kids have now come up with this, and no, her daughter and my daughter have not even seen each other in a good 6 months, there's no way. Her daughter, doesn't know the 5 yr old boy. No, we don't talk about these weird things in front of our daughters, if one starts, then the other would simply say something like "I have ears", because we know kids get influenced by the things they overhear. I don't think this falls under conspiracy, but I also quite frankly don't know where it belongs, and I don't know what to think, it's weird, and I'd like to hear others' thoughts on it. Anybody else spoken to kids that start talking about dragons. Not the fire-breathing dragons from fairy tales, these dragons are described as being little bit bigger than people and they eat people, they look a little like dragons.

What do you guys and gals make of it?
edit on 17-11-2011 by Pixie777 because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Kids being kids....
More than likely watched something on the moron box (TV)...you dont sit your kids in front of it for hours on end do you??
If everyone were to take their kids seriously about these things, the world would be a very strange place. Kids are kids are kids. They have wild imaginations.

or

Demons/Aliens/Ghosts
(which i think most will lean towards on here)
edit on 17-11-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Yeah, that's what we thought too when this all started, but now three kids, unrelated to each other, all come up with the same thing dragons eating people, adults more specifically, leaving the kids alone. There are key elements here, dragons, the removal of adults, and kids being left on their own to their own defenses, they are alone. This seems to be the theme with all of these odd stories. Two of them, don't have dragons anywhere in their lives, not movies fairy tales games or anything along those lines. For them to come up with this is rather odd.

I actually did state that neither of our kids are allowed to watch TV, their DVD's are pre-watched by us, no they don't watch Disney's ^%^
and computer games are always educational, because we home-school our kids, you didn't read the post, did you? You just came in here dismissing without listening.

I agree, kids have imaginations, but to say that you should never take your child seriously is ridiculous, kids have a by far better understanding of how ppl should be towards each other, than majority of adults, you should maybe try listening to them from time to time, they make more sense that most adults. At the same time, I am always willing to consider imagination as well, I think this has gone beyond that point.

I don't believe that this is demons. If that was a reality they'd have been doing it since the beginning of mankind, it would not be a new thing that kids suddenly start picking up on.

I asked for people's thoughts, not a dismissive attitude towards kids from someone who didn't even read the whole post and what has happened, why I think there's more to this.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Pixie777 because: eta

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The innocence of childeren. I myself am a mom of four, and my childeren have said some strange things to me as well. But I am their mother, so most people consider the source...lol. My three year old tells me almost every morning that the aliens were at her window. My seven year told my mother that the eye of God was in the sky. This happened a few weeks ago, my mom asked him where??? He points up to the sky and says "Grandma how can you not see that?" My five year old told me Jesus was coming back, but she just wishes he would hurry up. This is some of the many things I have heard. I think we all need to listen to what the childeren are saying, out of the mouth of babes.
Childeren are also highly receptive to the spiritual.

paranormal.about.com...

PLPL

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Thanks Minori, I appreciate that, glad I'm not the only one who thinks that we should listen to our kids more often, it's like they know more about what's going on that we do. They're very perceptive and spiritual. My son has been talking about the spiritual stuff, but I know and understand where that is coming from. This dragon business has got me confounded, I honestly don't know what to make of it. That other kids are also talking about odd things like this, helps, it's good to see, I'm not the only one seeing and hearing this.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Weird. I have a 7yo daughter and a 5 yo son, I'll let you know if they start talking about dragons eating adults.
But you should still keep into account that they are kids and kids go through development phases.

Anyway, I got once freaked out by my daughter: when she was four, she told me and my wife that our house was haunted. When I asked her "what kind of ghost do you see?" she replied by saying it was a woman, a young woman with strange clothes that afterwards I understood they were clothes from the 18th/19th century. Then I asked her "Do you see this woman now?" and she said "Yes, right there in the corner, she is looking at us. But daddy no worry, she is good, she is a good woman". This is the moment when I almost pissed in my pants...LOL
There have been no other episodes such as this.

Take good care of your kids

Peace,

Hundroid

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pixie777

Hey do you remember the dates of these events??
There is a connection there, but you are going to have to look for it.

PLPL

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

zzz there is no connection....kids being kids.

Stop making something out of nothing.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

hehehe "good woman", cute kid. Yes, I know, and I am, it's just odd, you know, 3 kids talking like this, and they seem genuinely concerned about the situation, and the adults.

Does anybody know of a game that talks about dragons next to the moon? Wondering if that 5 yr old boy did pick it up from elsewhere. No, it doesn't explain my daughter and hers. Mine didn't state dragon, she said something, with sharp teeth. We thought, that it was just because of seeing the scar and finding out that a shark once bit him. He calmed her down by saying that it's fine, sharks are not as scary as what people think, and they don't really like the taste of people, so the shark didn't eat him. She was adamant though, she was not talking about sharks, and then she started rambling about bubbles.

I did some looking into it, here's something I never knew, apparently there are impenetrable bubbles associated with Atlantis, which up until now I've always thought of as myth, always a possibility, but leaning towards myth. Now with my daughter talking about bubbles that can't be broken, specifically, they can't be bitten through, I'm wondering. Why would she come up with something that we didn't even know about. Is it even related?

I don't know, but I've been dismissing this and playing it down for a month now, and it just wont go away. More instances just keep popping up. Kids don't normally hold on to things like this for this long, not at their age.

Thanks for your thoughts appreciate it

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

No, Well, my own one's I can trace, and the little boy had this conversation with my friend on Saturday, the mom just said it had been going on for a month, her own daughter, I'm sure that she'd be able to, I'll talk to her and ask her.

What do you think is the connection Minori?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
First and foremost NEVER, EVER discount what a child relates to you, no matter how bizarre it may be.

Don’t patronize them by telling them that it was just their imagination.

Your reaction to them should insure the child that you take what they relate as serious, and that you have FULLY listened to their story, again No matter how bizarre.

My advise comes to you through personal experience of my own when I as a child related a bizarre story to my mother and was patronized as it was just my imagination, which 50 years latter I still know that it was not my imagination.

Also, my little girl related a very bizarre story, in her youth, as has her daughter, my grand daughter. So, I have generational experience in these type of occurrences that you refer to.

I, did not respond to my child or grand child as my mother had with me. It made all the difference in the world as to the “Trust” my child formulated in her journey to adulthood, and I am proud to say she still “Trust” her father as no other.

When you respond differently and communicate to the child that you do not believe their story it will “Train” the child to NOT trust you with their innermost secretes, and I know this is not what you desire to happen. Remember that it is my very first true memory that my mother did not believe me and discounted what I was relating with the simple phase “It was just a dream”. My mother now long dead, and many years have flowed by, I still recall “It was just a dream”. I know she meant nothing by it, and she was only trying to comfort me, but that simple response has lasted a lifetime, WHY, because it was NOT a dream.

Now to the very interesting story you have related. All I can say is WOW ! I will be looking at the Moon much closer now, and if we discover what the “Bubbles” are I will definitely share that.

In closing, let me add You don’t need to believe what your child relates, but you do need to communicate that you take them Seriously.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I really like the OP. I always find it interesting what children have to say. I myself had a ghostly friend when I was little but that is a different story. I'd like to add that I have always suffered from anxiety and when I was little [about 5], I had my first panic attack and as I didn't know where the fear was coming from, I went to my parents and made up a story about a Vampire in front of my window. I knew fully well that it was not true but I had to give my parents a reason for my fear.
I'm throwing this in as a possible explanation, however I am aware that three children started talking about dragons and adults being eaten, so it wouldn't really be a good explanation. Kids have a unique link with [insert your belief here, mine is the quantum world].
All I can say is, keep your ears and eyes open and let us know if anything else comes up.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You are trying to make it fit......you are trying...hoping that your child is special. Atlantis, bubbles...seriously, take a break from here. You are making something from nothing.

WHY?????? Seriously, ask yourself WHY am i convinced my children have special powers.....why everything they say has to have a meaning.

I have some serious concerns over some parents on here

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well, I guess I need to get some bubbles. Darned big ones, if I have to get into one.

Very strange, and in your case, I am sure it is disturbing.

Please keep us updated to any further info coming from these children. I haven't heard anything like this from mine.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I disagree with you. I'm not making this particular event into a worldwide catostrophe. It is my belief that whatever message is there, is in fact intended for the OP. I often look for the links in things, sorry it is my way of thinking. I typically do not look at a situation from one angle, I look down on it for ALL the angles.

PLPL

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Not sure , but its there.
Have you looked up what dragon dream symbolism is?
It goes both ways, you should check it out.

PLPL

The word dragon comes from the Greek for "snake", who is often associated with the Germanic name, wurm, or worm. The dragon goes either way representing both and agent of good or an agent of evil. The dragon is traditionally known as the guardian of power and keeper of secrets.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Minori because: FYI

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

My childeren ARE special.
They can actually think outside of the box.
You should try it sometime.

Just for the sake of asking, are you a parent??

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I'm not sure why kids are sometimes able to sense things that they can, but they are. When my youngest was 3 she told me that she saw an angel and we hadn't really talked about them as she was just barely 3. . Anyway, I think what your daughter and the other two kids have experienced is a glimpse of what is coming. Its pretty clear that we live in uncertain times and strange things are happening. Most people seem to sense this. I believe that we are nearing the end times the bible speaks of. It says that during the great tribulation God will cast the "great dragon" down to earth and the dragon will come with great fury knowing that his time is short. The followers of Jesus Christ will have Gods protection and the devil and his demons cannot hurt them. The same goes for children as they are under Gods protection as well. This may be what your daughter meant by saying that if you get in the bubble the dragon can't eat you. If you are already a Christ follower then you are already "in the bubble" persay and do not need to worry. Your children are protected either way. Its not a coincidence that this message is being given to these three children that have a connection to you. I don't know you but I suspect that God has a special purpose for you. It might be worth your time to do some research oline to see if anyone else has had the same experience.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Exactly, this is what we have been doing, being supportive, but when we spoke about it, with each other, we thought, you know, just dreams. I want my kids to feel they can come to me and talk to me about anything, and my son, definitely still does. Kids are such a blessing. I know how you feel, I had a bizarre thing that happened to me at school the one day, that my parents dismissed, and then something happened at home, this too they dismissed. It actually closed me off for the next 30 years to anything that's not considered normal. So I know to be very careful with how I handle these things with my kids, and I think I'm doing ok, since my son still talks to me. At the same time, imagination is something kids are known for, so I can't not consider that, just not to her. Thing is, my daughter, is very logical and literal, imagination is not something she has a lot of
frustratingly so.

I would really appreciate anything you can dig up, I'm having some trouble figuring this out, probably because I don't really know where to start, there's something else. My friend's daughter also spoke about something else, and this actually came up before she was born as well. All we have to go on is "she who walks". Apparently in one of the still sealed tombs in Egypt, there is a prophecy about 'she who walks' how would this little girl have known this. She spoke about 'she who walks' when she was 3/4 years old. It's just something that stuck with us, something else we couldn't figure out. Before she was born, my friend had a friend, while she was au-pairing in Israel, this woman started telling her out of the blue about 'she who walks' then stopped, and no matter how my friend inquired, the woman wouldn't say anything further. Everybody forgot about that, until out of the blue her daughter starts talking about 'she who walks' and this tomb in Egypt. I've done a search. None of what I've found fits right. There's plenty of 'she who walks' goddesses of ancient times. Whatever this is, is not that, the daughter said something about clouds. Keep in mind she was still very small, and not really able to articulate herself properly, which is all the more reason why tomb and Egypt was so striking for that time. Weird.

My son has been talking about the moon, he is not sure, he says, it just looks wrong, he can't lay his finger on what exactly is wrong, other than it went down in the East then came back up within minutes
yes I was with him, not facing the moon, and he was just talking to me about random stuff, watching the moon, when he suddenly stops talking and says, "umm the moon is going down" normally I would say, yes, that happens, but he was facing East, so I turned around and looked, yes, the moon was going down, and then not going completely down, came back up. I didn't even want to mention that part, that is just too weird for me to wrap my head around. It's the second time that the moon did this weird thing. The first time was the beginning of the year, when the moon came up in the east, then moved north, stopped, and when we looked again, it was in it's normal place. I don't know how to wrap my head around it, I watched it too. It's just too wrong.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

What is "she who walks" ?
I am truly intrigued.

PLPL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join