It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Must See: The Spirit Rover’s Entire Journey on Mars (timelasped). Awesome

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Okay, for all you ATSer that are interested in MARS. He is your chance to take a ride on the Spirit Rover-for FREE! I love timelapse. Better than nothing.

The used over 3500 photos. Go ahead. Start looking for the oddities... you won't find any because....
There aren't anythere. Sorry.

Well, if they were there, there is nothing there now. Take a look for yourself. I hope you prove me wrong

Notice the horizon. Almost never changing. Nothing upon Nothingness.

MODS. I did a search and check but if I missed and it had been posted... sorry.
edit on 11/17/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Beautiful footage.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

That is awesome! I love to see cool stuff from Mars. Those rovers did a lot in their lifetime, and they sent back lots of cool images.

On another note, it's really amazing to think that we can send a robot to scrape rocks on another planet... I mean, when I look at it in the time lapse that's pretty much what we did. Sent a robot to another planet to poke, drill, and scrape a few rocks to get picture of the poke, drill, and scrape marks.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

On another note, it's really amazing to think that we can send a robot to scrape rocks on another planet... I mean, when I look at it in the time lapse that's pretty much what we did. Sent a robot to another planet to poke, drill, and scrape a few rocks to get picture of the poke, drill, and scrape marks.

Too funny... Actually the reason they poked, drilled and scraped all those thousands(?) of rocks was to aim the spectrographic analyzer at them in order to determine their mineral content. Precious mineral content. Any meteoritic findings? Alloys? Unknowns? All those findings have summaries and I have yet to see any of it. Big secret, huh? Correct me if I'm wrong ATS. Expensive taxpayer funded whirlwind tour of Mars with lots and lots of pretty pictures of landscapes, sunsets, dust devils,etc. Wheres the data?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You have to be kidding, or intentionally abrasive, because if you didn't spend all of your time looking for aliens in space photos you'd realize there's a mountain of reference links and data reports that you wouldn't understand freely available through the NASA website if you ever bothered to search.

Beside even if it wasn't it's really none of your business, if it was, you'd never had said such a thing. Are you even on their mailing list?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Notice the horizon. Almost never changing. Nothing upon Nothingness.

Lovely film, Anon!

I have to disagree with you about the horizon. You're being fooled by a very wide-angle view from close to the ground. I noticed that it couldn't even see over the rim of Bonneville Crater. If you really focus on the horizon, you can see it approach the Columbia hills, climb them, look over the other side and head down.

I got a lump in my throat at the end, when I saw her wheels spinning in the dust.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

... You do realize its public information correct? Anything that isn't up online you can request.

You know. When pen, paper, and occasionally minor fees for their time and effort to get you a copy of the data?

As for the video...end made me sad, so sad.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
thought it would be intersting but was kinda boring

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wasn't it only suppose to last for 6 months and they got 6 years out of it?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There's plenty more to see on Mars, Spirit's journey takes in only four miles or so, and so not even to the horizon. Mars has it's own 4000 kilometre grand canyon in Valles Marineris, parts of which are 9 kilometres deep,

news.sciencemag.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Thank you for that.

I will have to look at it later tonight.

I wish we could just zip there right now.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, absolutely stunning! I hope we get people there in my lifetime.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by intrptr

You have to be kidding, or intentionally abrasive, because if you didn't spend all of your time looking for aliens in space photos you'd realize there's a mountain of reference links and data reports that you wouldn't understand freely available through the NASA website if you ever bothered to search.
Beside even if it wasn't it's really none of your business, if it was, you'd never had said such a thing. Are you even on their mailing list?

Thats the problem with professors these days. Instead of leading people to the river to drink, they scold their students for not being as nerdy and research oriented as they are. Sure I'd love a dumptruck full of mountains of links and data filled with endless columns of scientific notation that only snooty accredited colleagues are driven to dig thru anyway. And as far as being abrasive your avatar denotes your attitude quite clearly.

Is that from the Boondocks? Huey Freeman flipping the bird at the universe? I haven't seen any good space pictures of UFO's either because they don't release those to the general public. I know not to bother to look.

None of my business huh? Thats my whole point. Geez. Please stop stalking my comments and belittling them. If you have that link to the spectrograph readings on Mars rocks then send that along, thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

NIce find.....I never realized how many samples they took along the way. Very cool.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe
reply to post by intrptr

... You do realize its public information correct? Anything that isn't up online you can request.

You know. When pen, paper, and occasionally minor fees for their time and effort to get you a copy of the data?

As for the video...end made me sad, so sad.

Thank you for that more gentle retort. I appreciate that I am not as aware of how to use search engines as some and it can be frustrating to dig thru mountains of stuff to answer simple questions in layman's terms. Thats why I rant sometimes.
If you could direct me to the "site" that has that data about spectrographic rock analysis on Mars, that would be cool. Thanks in advance for your reply.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

And as far as being abrasive your avatar denotes your attitude quite clearly.

The avatar is a dense gas and dust cloud of the Keyhole nebula near the heart of the Carina Nebula (NGC 3372), one of the outstanding features of the Southern-Hemisphere portion of the Milky Way, with an overall diameter of more than 200 light-years. This nebula is home of some of the most massive stars known, Eta Carinae, close to this feature, was thought to be the most massive single star, but in 2005 it was realised to be a binary system.

Stars in the mass class of Eta Carinae, with more than 100 times the mass of the Sun, produce more than a million times as much light as the Sun. Eta Carinae's chief significance for astrophysics is it was observed to have gone nova, around 1843, but wasn't destroyed, called a supernova impostor event, its expected to supernova or even hypernova in the astronomically near future.

If the tone of my reply seemed abrasive to you you should examine your lead first, I was simply responding in like, the language you set.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

NASA LIE, as usual....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I missed what you are saying?

What do you mean by NASA lies?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by Arken

I missed what you are saying?

What do you mean by NASA lies?

I wondered too, maybe it is something to do with the OP's post, where the OP mentions the use of 3500 pictures, ( the movie of which is in time lapse) while Spirit used 124000 pictures in total, so only around 4.5% of the total. But the total figures need to include all the pictures including panoramas as well. It would be true to say then, 'the entire journey', is as the OP states, just that not all the pictures are there, and not necessarily one view either, given Spirit's problem.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Ditto about tones of keyboard strokes. And I'll be goshed you are right again as usual.

I "looked it up" all by myself.

Someone really is flipping us the bird.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join