It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not the 1% it the 0.01% - Rage Against the Machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have been exploring some data behind the Occupy Movement and I have to say that it looks a lot worse then we all think. I would also like to know what everyones's ideas are on a workable alternative. I have looked at Zietgiest and the likes of and studied various alternatives to the current world structure, but frankly can't find the winning formula.

Also, its been a long time since I posted on ATS....it was becoming a little silly a few years back...very tabloid. But I needed to off load.

But after reading all about the occupy movement and looking into it further I'm actually a little shocked. Is it time for the super rich to take responsibility and help put the world back on track?

Now for the headliner:

85% of the USA's total wealth is owned by the 0.01% of the countries richest. I think most people have been using the assumption that its was 80% owned by 1%. But its worse than that.

People though that the remaining 15% was owned mostly by 10% of the US Population. Well its actually 0.3%

The super rich own a 3rd of the US's NET Wealth, they also own more of the wealth now since 1928.

In the US there are 3.1 Millionaires

There are also 400 Billionaires

Bill Gates, Warren Buffett & Lawrence Ellison own over 130 Billion $. And thats enough to cover the entire combined budget shortfall of every US State

1 in 7 American live below the poverty line.

1 in 6 have no health insurance.

14.5% are food insecure...meaning they don't have enough income to put food on the table

...Mean while....in the Bat Cave....

....Median pay for the nations largest companies has quadrupled in 50 years. ...over the same period pay for non-supervisory workers has dropped by 10%

Does that really sound like 99% vs 1%...or actually 99.9% vs 1%.

Did the 0.01% Loose out? Well the average loss in earnings for the average US Household was down by over 10%, compare to the Super Rich of 4%. So they did not take that much of a plunge.

This Data was taken from the Guardian News in the UK.

Im just a little shocked really. Its a very similar case in the UK with over 1M Young People unemployed, 8% of the total working population is unemployed (Yet foreign workers seem to be increasing GRrrrrr....I'm not a supporter of any extreme right wing movements , but even I'm thinking British jobs for British Born people should be the right direction now)

So whats the solution? Ethical Business....ie. You have the freedom to create as much wealth as possible. but you have to be socially responsible and contribute that wealth back to society....like funding health care.

I still thing that yes, people should be allowed to make money. But people shuold not make money from the basics of life. Like food, water, power....all these in my opinion should bt not for profit....Don't get me started on UK Power companies, increasing Gas and Electricity Pricing (When their cost has not gone up) then marching around the media say "Oh look, our profits are up 400% year on year"....whilst the elderly are dying in record numbers througout the winter...because they can't heat their homes.Surely thats murder in some fashion?

If I were to be REALLY conspiratorial here, a bit outlandish maybe, you could say that its interesting that there is SO much instability and suffering in the world that you almost WISH someone would take the world over and fix things. If the current events (War, Poverty, Recession etc) were deliberatley made to happen, then it paves way for someone (A totalitarien NWO) to step in and say, hand over all your power to me and we will fix it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

If I were to be REALLY conspiratorial here, a bit outlandish maybe, you could say that its interesting that there is SO much instability and suffering in the world that you almost WISH someone would take the world over and fix things. If the current events (War, Poverty, Recession etc) were deliberatley made to happen, then it paves way for someone (A totalitarien NWO) to step in and say, hand over all your power to me and we will fix it.

well the whole "NWO" "One World Government" conspiracy relies on just that. They can't just turn the world into a dictatorship. Well, technically they can, but that's not good enough. We must WANT it. We must BEG for it. we must APPLAUD it.

The engineered stock market crash plays right into this, but it's way more complicated that just that. It is merely a cog in the wheel of bringing America down so China can rise as the super power

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pax et Intellectus

When I saw your title, I thought you were also refering to the band "Rage Against the Machine".
Whose members I grew up with, and strangely enough they were the from the rich side of town. Zack went to private school, but did hang out with us ghetto kids afterschool, Tim tried to hang with the blacks and blend in.
It's always seemed rather ironic to me that they go on to play the rebels against the system when they were quite blessed in that system.

I don't know why I see this as somehow associated with your post. It a sort of stream of consciousness thing.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

It was a little hommage to Rage against the Machine to be honest...You can tell them from me that I think they rock!! Although Evil Empire was pretty #e.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think the exact same thing.No profit on basic needs.The State should own all utilties.The world is insane when you have people making money starving people with 'speculitive' bubbles on food price's.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

It's the guerilla mentality. Use the system to fight against it,

top topics

join