It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian art work reveals the truth...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
watch the Scifi tuesday 9/5

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Bottoms of the Cathedrales !
This sculpture is in the Cathedrale de Chartes (On of the greatest Cathedrale in Europe !)

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As I said, Abstract, a bit of exposure to art history (and as others have pointed out, the cultures of the times and the representational symbology) would be of value to you. The "man in the moon/man in the sun" symbols are not space ships, but reflections that even the sun and the moon (personified) came to testify and worship.

Some research and art history will tell other interesting things about the artifacts. And if you tried to tell any coin collector/historian that the item on the French coin was a UFO, I'm afraid you might be offended by the laughter as they told you what it really was and what it symbolized.

And frankly, that "space suited man" of the cave drawing is a modern fraud.

If you hung out on some of the science boards, you'd realize that modern movie/tv filmmakers put out a LOT of bad science and accept things that really aren't valid (because they don't research.)

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Nans: Great find on the sculptures! It's amazing, some of the things that they got away with in the cathedrals!

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
i have seen one of that
what i do believe is jesus somehow do have the contact
with the alien.but with what instrument is i know not
maybe a prophet before him do know something about that gadget .

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This topic gets a
I saw a bunch of new pics and stuff... But there was one picture that I didn't see... The one with Mary holding baby Jesus and the space ship in the background with someone on a clif in the background pointing up at it...

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm glad some of you like what i have posted, however if you try to show this to the average Christian he will snub his nose, call you blasphemous, say your going to hell.

All I wish is that theses people that call themselves Christians see that it was Christ�s message that was important, not if he is the Son of God.

The whole idea of him being the son of God was put together by the Roman Empire to quite the bickering of greedy parishioners and priest.

We need to know our history, that's all..Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Edit/

[Edited on 15-4-2003 by alienaddicted]

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted

Edit/

[Edited on 15-4-2003 by alienaddicted]

Are you laughing or agreeing Mr.Addicted

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
There can be no doubt that the bible speeks of extra terrestrials and men flying like birds and gods riding on clouds and pillars of fire. And how God wrote down the Law of Moses using rays of light and stuff. How he lives in heaven and stuff... But to say that let's say the 5000 year old Aboriginal art shown in one of the articles is anything but a Salvia Divinorum trip would be pure imagination or speculation. I tried it once and I'd have to say that it's a bit stronger than coffee: suddenly I found myself inside a wall trying to find my way out and time itself seemed to have stopped. These are crazy substances that alter your perception of time and space and has inspired artists and spiritseekers over the millennias in all parts of the world. In our society it is illegal ofcourse and was normally concidered sourcery with the Jews and the early Christians. But in the Aboriginal society Salvia was an important spiritual remedy.

blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Abstract, if you believe in the message, that is to say if you abide by all the commandments and directives laid down by God yet you don't take Christ, the Son of God as your savior, you are no different than the rich man that came to Jesus and asked what must he do.

If you are just looking for a good way to live, by all means that is a good way; the best. If you are looking for the salvation that we all need as none can pay the price on our own, then you'll have to accept Christ as the Son of God and your savior. By doing so, then you are a Christian. Not by what you say a Christian should be. In other words, its the Bible's definition of Chrtistianity that counts, not your own. Thus saith a Christian.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
If you love your neighbour as yourself you are a true disciple of King Jesus. And if you love God from all of your heart, all of your might and all of your soul, you are one of his children. Why complicate things? Try rather to simplify.

"Dei minste orda -- dei st�rste"
"The least of words -- the greatest!"
Paal-Helge Haugen

Blessings,
mikrom

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Abstract, if you believe in the message, that is to say if you abide by all the commandments and directives laid down by God yet you don't take Christ, the Son of God as your savior, you are no different than the rich man that came to Jesus and asked what must he do.

If you are just looking for a good way to live, by all means that is a good way; the best. If you are looking for the salvation that we all need as none can pay the price on our own, then you'll have to accept Christ as the Son of God and your savior. By doing so, then you are a Christian. Not by what you say a Christian should be. In other words, its the Bible's definition of Chrtistianity that counts, not your own. Thus saith a Christian.

That is a definition that was put together 700 years after the death of christ?!?!?!

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
well I guess it's just like me

JACKED UP!!

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
If you love your neighbour as yourself you are a true disciple of King Jesus. And if you love God from all of your heart, all of your might and all of your soul, you are one of his children. Why complicate things? Try rather to simplify.

"Dei minste orda -- dei st�rste"
"The least of words -- the greatest!"
Paal-Helge Haugen

Blessings,
mikrom

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Jesus, the son of God.

Not the Son of God- see the difference?

A man once asked Jesus what he needed to do to be promised eternal life.

Jesus said to him love God with all your heart and love your neighbors and you will surely have eternal life.

That's good enough for me.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Jesus, the son of God.

Not the Son of God- see the difference?

A man once asked Jesus what he needed to do to be promised eternal life.

Jesus said to him love God with all your heart and love your neighbors and you will surely have eternal life.

That's good enough for me.

Thats a message well known in the bible;

"Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand." Matthew 12:25.

Which goes great with this saying:

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
--Thomas Paine

AF1

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I feel that religion has been used as a tool to control the masses. I'm totally pulling stuff out of my ass on this theory, but you never know. Aliens have been manipulating us for ages using religions. They have totally diverted our attention towards them, and control us through religion. They don't want us to know the truth. Throughout all of history man has always been fighting, and religion has always played a role in it somehow. What if the aliens feel it is time for us to know the truth, and finally told a group of people. These could be the Illuminati who now do their bidding on Earth. They will be saved when the aliens come, while the rest of humanity suffers. Just my rant, and I'm not going to try to back it up.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
I feel that religion has been used as a tool to control the masses. I'm totally pulling stuff out of my ass on this theory, but you never know. Aliens have been manipulating us for ages using religions. They have totally diverted our attention towards them, and control us through religion. They don't want us to know the truth. Throughout all of history man has always been fighting, and religion has always played a role in it somehow. What if the aliens feel it is time for us to know the truth, and finally told a group of people. These could be the Illuminati who now do their bidding on Earth. They will be saved when the aliens come, while the rest of humanity suffers. Just my rant, and I'm not going to try to back it up.

Religion is civilisation. It's language, spirit, law, wisdom etc. Religion has little in common with what it apparently reflects. Time and time again we experience that the mediators between the humans and the divine are killed or rediculed in their present, but later when time has proven their truths, these prophets are welcomed into religion. Religion has more in common with politics than divination. The "truth" that is embraced is often rejected later when a "higher truth" is found. Those (A) who lead their lives after the demands the prophets mediated are often called heretics within the secular religious systems (B), while the A calls the B heretical

Religion is like a building that is built in stages. First some cornerstones, then walls and towers and roofs etc. But when the architect comes back to inspect the building progress, he might reject the builders and order the building to be destroyed and rebuilt according to his image

Originally posted by AF1
"Today a young man on acid realised all matter is nothing but energy condensed into a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather"

You don't need to be on acid to think this (I will use this opporunity to say that acid or '___' is risky stuff. Not something to play with). I had a reality perception much like this when I was a child. I used other words of course, but the essence is much the same... If we had listened more to our children, how they see things, we would come much further I guess. I don't mean that they should be seated on the throne, but we grownups have much to learn from them in philosophy and creative science

Blessings,
Mikrom

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
mikromarius i feel what your saying man. My only thing is that through the ages and even now the misunderstanding of religion has caused a lot of conflict. We can't even beging to try and look at thing through the eyes of others

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join