It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice containing radioactive caesium found in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Radioactive caesium has been detected above the safety level in rice for the first time in Japan since the nuclear crisis began at the Fukushima plant.

The sample came from a Fukushima city farm about 60km from the plant.

BBC News - Rice containing radioactive caesium found in Japan

Supposedly none of this particular rice has been sold, but who knows how much of it has not been tested, and has already made it to market.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whatisanameanyway

Thats awesome. I'd love to eat some. Sounds fun...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

It really suk's, We all know that this isotope is extremely dangerous to us, but they will keep telling us there is no problem and really it is all good for us. No problems in Japan, fukushima was a positive thing for us all, Anything radioactive is good for us, sure feed it the kids, we found this stupid gobbermunt employee to drink some water from there, so must all be safe.

Repeat a lie often enough and it will eventually be believed. As long as we keep perpetuating this system, then these things will continue to happen. I agree that we do need a new world order, but where i differ is we need one that suits the people, not governments, royalty and the mega rich as well as the corporations. They really have had their day in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
drip drip drip little by little they will admit that this is an extinction level event. A fitting way for humans to pay for what they have done to the earth.
Just where are those 650 thousand 12 foot fuel rods? Has anyone seen pictures of the spent fuel pools that blew up in march? They are not there any more, neither are the reactor cores.
It was einstein at the dawn of the nuclear age which said '' the ability for man to wipe out every living thing on earth is now within our grasp'' or something like that.
Research the 'doomsday bomb', neutron bombs' and the cesium-137 incident in brazil.
And then just look at the pictures, compare them to chernobyl , wake up.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Japan and others will reap what it sowed in the coming years!!

This # is human cell destructive, it will in one way or another result in the prematures deaths of 1?????.
I dont know how many zeros!
Chern was minor compared to this!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I am still amazed of how many Products are "not" contaminated!

It really look so "harmless",
just evacuate are tiny piece of the Homeland and that is all!

I really hope that this Nightmare will vanish like a Thought Cloud in a Manga!

It is still strange that we have only a few independent Institutes who do this Contamination Check Ups
and i wish that the Red Cross, Oxfam, etc., who still hold the big part of the donated Money,
would buy some Machines with this Money!

Radiation here in Tokyo is 0.08uSv/h,
it look a like that F'Shima never ever happened.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

They have been lying to us since the beginning. There is no way this stuff is just finally showing up in the rice now.

It's been there the whole time. Either they weren't testing properly or they were withholding results from the public. Most likely the second option. North America...we're next. Be prepared to find out that our milk and produce is also contaminated.

Like sea food? Well that might be radioactive too.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
How much Japanese rice makes its way onto American grocery shelves?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenElf
How much Japanese rice makes its way onto American grocery shelves?

I think only a very limited amount, like for Sushi Shops for example!

Japanese Rice is highly expensive,
5Kg at the Moment go for 1.800 Yen - ca. 23 USD,
it must be easy to avoid this Rice!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
it must be easy to avoid this Rice!

Until Fukushima, this was quite true. Japanese rice was typically expensive in most countries. Most of their production was used domestically, as foreign imports were subject (and still are) to massive import tarriffs.

There is little risk of walking into a health-food store and 'acidentally' picking up a bag of rice labelled "proudly grown in fukushima prefecture".

But honestly what I would be more concerned about is rice (and other Japanese crops) being shipped out to another country, ostensibly for disposal, or use as animal feed or lord knows what else, and then imported to western countries with a false country of origin.

China already floods our stores with honey with false country of origin, I can't for a moment think they'd be above doing the same thing with contaminated Japanese rice if there was a yuan in it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yeah theres rice! Rice! Rice!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I have made the personal decision to not purchase any products from Japan, including namo sayo soy sauce which is the best. be carefull because green tea comes from Japan as well. Buy American!

new topics

top topics

join