It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy and Police in perspective..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I've been watching all this with Occupy as close as anyone out here and I've been seeing a trend that is getting disturbing. It's self destructive and just terminally foolish at this late stage of the game with economic and geopolitical crisis all around us.

What is that trend? "The other side is scum and must be defeated. Not just defeated, but put down with violence and physical injury." My wording there is chosen because it can be imagined coming from either an OWS Protester or a Police Officer in any of the cities currently in a state of unrest from this.

Unrest.... What a word to hear used in the United States, eh? That really brings me to my largest gripe and point here though. 6 months or...for others....a few years ago, forums around the net like those we talk in here were lit up with talk of how 'TPTB/NWO' would push the United States to civil unrest as a prelude to more direct unpleasantness of all kinds.

Now that it's actually here, does anyone recall what I'm talking about in how so many saw this coming? No one could, or did predict accurately what form it would take or what the mechanism of unrest would be in any specific way. However, the belief and feelings that it WOULD come for the benefit of the Government was strong and compelling. Come to think of it, I've been hearing this for the better part of a decade.

Now we find ourselves in one real mess. What started as a protest is on the verge of self-declared intent to riot. Police who started as being viewed as part of the 99% and quietly telling protesters they'd be with them if they wouldn't be fired for it, are now in body armor and beating those same protesters with those infernal sticks. Divide and Conquer in the midst of civil unrest so many saw coming......and no one even seems to be questioning that aspect of it?

Why is it we keep falling for the divide and conquer, anyway? The way this is developing, it'll wind up being the larger community as a whole against OWS and then, hey! Mission Accomplished!! We'll all be too busy fighting each other to even keep up with what they're doing to put down the last nails in our coffin from Washington. Hey, that might even be the point!

The Police are being coordinated by the Feds and have been for at least 7-10 days now. The U.S. Congress is where laws are passed and modified to allow that 1% to be all the things OWS hates so much. The DHS and Justice who are coordinating the response are under the Executive Branch..or White House, in Washington. So, here is an idea.....

Rather than 'Burn Down Macy's', or 'Get the Cops'....Or fight one second longer over some park or plaza, use the numbers that have been built up and do something which may mean something. Get to Washington and Occupy the Capital Grounds and National Mall. It's some of what defined the 60's and made more than one movement a true force to be reckoned with. It might also break the divide and conquer paradigm before it destroys us all, together.

Oh...and since OWS in the various cities have raised a rather staggering amount of money from citizens to help the PEOPLE ......PEOPLE....of OWS, not the leaders or the hush hush committees that are becoming as bad as the Nanny state being fought.....I don't see how paying greyhound or even charter buses to get to D.C. ought to me a major challenge. Why, one city even has over half a million dollars.
That is A LOT for the PEOPLE'S MOVEMENT. Saving it for a rainy day?? It's pouring and there is a time limit for how much longer a major action like that WILL matter and help....or is actually bringing change even the point? Maybe the Unrest itself actually is the goal for some of the guiding hands.

Thus ends my rant. I hope some may at least consider my words going in to tomorrow and perhaps make that extra effort to insure nothing violent or aggressive happens. This has the energy and power to blow like a nuke.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
noticed it some time ago that both sides are being played against each other..

which unless calmer heads prevail will end up very bloody and tear the country apart..
way to many divisions among both the people and the government.. hate to see the body count once it starts..

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I hate to admit it, but this realization just recently hit me here. This has all happened so fast on such a compressed time scale it's been easy to get caught up in. It was a bit of a shock when it hit me that we're living what we actually talked about happening at some point and many just haven't slowed down to realize it, IMO.

It's good to know I'm not going nuts here and others have thought similar things about this.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think it would be more productive if every disgruntled american took a crap in a box and sent it to the white house. The post office needs revenue and the workers might have a dirty job but at least we'd be giving them a job to do.

Imagine that...Send your poop to the capital day...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

This is all fine and good, except that those sending fecal matter thru the mail would get busted for bio-terrorism, improper transport of biological waste, (or whatever else they could think of.)
Even if there was no return address on the package, the senders would have delivered their dna (and remnants of their last meal) right into the hands of the enemy. So, all in all, while it is a funny, albiet childish idea, it is not practical.

new topics

top topics

join