It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Odd Couple' is no more. Tarra the elephant looses her best friend (dog) Bella :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
We all remember Tarra and Bella the oddest of couples that just broke our hearts with their story...

(See original ATS thread here)

And yeah, we remember even when Bella was sick, Tarra stood vigil outside the office waiting for her ‘doggy’ friend to recover. Stood there for three weeks waiting...

Sad news.

Tarra can wait, but Bella will not be returning this time... Bella was killed by coyotes.

Steve, the caretaker believes Tarra moved Bella. (*Sobbing*)

All indications point to - Tarra brought Bella home.

Good news? The other elephants are spending more time with Tarra, caring for her, giving her portions of her food helping her in her grief.

Better times!

R.I.P Bella & Condolences to Tarra

peace
edit on 17-11-2011 by silo13 because: pic

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Oh man, thats sad.
You made me cry. poor elephant.
Those coyotes would have gotten a flogging if she had of been there.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Those coyotes would have gotten a flogging if she had of been there.

I was thinking the same. It really makes me wonder if it was coyotes. I just don't see Tarra leaving Bella to 'fend them off on her own'.
Beautiful story though.

peace

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Now you made a grown man cry...

Are you happy?

So much to learn and so little understanding of how to achieve this kind of mutual acceptance.

Thanks for the story ...Beautiful

Peace

edit on 17-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
those videos made me cry

animals are so special and it makes me sad when i think about the horrible things that people do to them

how anyone could ever hurt an innocent animals especially elephants because they are very smart and caring. I know this isnt about animal hurting but I am just saying.

to see these 2 together shows you that animals have compassion and friendship even though they are not the same species they still can connect and share a bond and love each other.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
You know what got me even more? In the video when the other elephant is gathering up hay to give to her friend.
Awwww man, talk about having a thorn in my heart.
So beautiful.
I mean think of it. Sure, Tarra knows her lovely friend Bella is gone and that's so sad, BUT, for the other elephant to know how horribly Tarra is suffering and to offer her food and loving care?

*Sob*

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Here's a better reproduction of the original 'loosing Bella' video...

peace to Tarra and Bella

new topics

top topics

join